Home Vinyl Cutting machine: is there anything semi-decent on the market for around £4,000 or less?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@darkwater which machine have you chosen? can you recommend one?

Sorry for being off topic.

I'm looking for a vinyl cutter get some gigs done. Any recommendations?

In the past few weeks I've been searching the net for the best solution and no luck
so far. I've read way too much hype and not enough good info. I've checked out the Graphtec machines. They are not cheap but hey are below the 4k mark.

Graphtec CE6000 looked quite decent.

The only issue I've found was that it seemed too honest. Are these machines that backward? And no wireless connection?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated

Hi Sammie,
I'm sorry to say but I kinda gave up on the idea of investing in such a machine for now.
There seems to not be a very easy / agreeable means of buying one at a good value price.
I also wonder whether a vinyl cutting machine could become too unreliable / burdensome in my studio.
I wish you well if you manage to get one in good condition for a fair price but, as fun as they might be, for me they're currently not worth it.

What about this one for just under a grand

https://phonocut.com/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Looks very promising SLiC - certainly a lot more promising than other options.
Thanks for the headsup - I'll keep tabs on it :tu:

Vinyl Recorder

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:24 pm Vinyl Recorder
See page 1.

I did

That option was already suggested two years ago (and a couple of people commented about the owner etc).

I fail to see how naming it (and not doing anything but literally just naming it) again two years later in the same thread adds to what was already said?

I do

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:24 pm Vinyl Recorder
no longer for sale

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”