The $1,500 USD Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jochicago wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 am I was taking out my credit card when I noticed it's Pro Tools only. Hold on a minute, let me go buy Pro Tools first...
Psych!

This could go viral.
Clever.
All pr is good pr.

If you buy two and run them in series they sound amazing. :borg: :party: :phones:

Elton John is gonna wet his panties.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:10 am Elton John is gonna wet his panties.
He just bought a hundred licenses ! :lol:

jochicago wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 am Pro Tools only.
It does take a special type of tool to dump this much on a single plugin.

That said it’s a brilliant business decision. You only need a few to sell to generate a sizeable income and there will always be a few just so they can brag about having it.

And then these users aren’t going to be noobs and/or hobbyists so they won’t use support.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

it amazes me how anyone would pay this much money.

For that kind of money just by adding this EQ the track should make itself mixed down, mastered and approved by a label.

We have amazing quality records these days, amazing quality EQ, what this EQ can possibly add more that human can hear. Maybe this plugin is designed for bats?

This reminds me a bit of 1 million dollar system for sonic idiots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr8O_jZhpl4 :-D

For that kind of money just by adding this EQ the track should make itself mixed down, mastered and approved by a label.

We have amazing quality records these days, amazing quality EQ, what this EQ can possibly add more that human can hear. Maybe this plugin is designed for bats?
My thoughts exactly.

However, 1# rule of business: If you set something for sale, someone in the world will buy it. :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:36 am

My thoughts exactly.

However, 1# rule of business: If you set something for sale, someone in the world will buy it. :shrug:
Does anybody remember the $1,000 iPhone app? The only purpose was to be the most expensive app, it literally did nothing. And people bought this.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:04 am

That said it’s a brilliant business decision. You only need a few to sell to generate a sizeable income and there will always be a few just so they can brag about having it.

And then these users aren’t going to be noobs and/or hobbyists so they won’t use support.
It’s designed for use with the Avid control surfaces. Basically putting the Harrison console functions (from the bigger post-production lineup they have) into software that can be controlled by something not quite so big like the S6 that costs in the range of $60k. A studio is paying for the integration with the control surface and the fact they don’t sell many (NRE divided by small customer base is bigger number, duh).

And they will use support because this thing is all about integrating into a customised rig.

If you have console envy I believe you can pick up the EQ part of this for 70 bucks.

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:42 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:04 am

It’s designed for use with the Avid control surfaces. Basically putting the Harrison console functions (from the bigger post-production lineup they have) into software that can be controlled by something not quite so big like the S6 that costs in the range of $60k. A studio is paying for the integration with the control surface and the fact they don’t sell many (NRE divided by small customer base is bigger number, duh).

And they will use support because this thing is all about integrating into a customised rig.

If you have console envy I believe you can pick up the EQ part of this for 70 bucks.
Ok thanks for that. Given the added context it doesn’t sound overly expensive. It’s a lot of money, yes; but expensive?

krabbencutter wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 pm I know, they're targeting Hollywood-Level Post-Production facilities, but still ... :borg:
I mean, when you're producing a movie with a budget of a couple of hundred million, then nobody is even going to notice a difference of +/- $1,500 for a plugin...

Kantya worst will use the cracked version.

People will buy dog shit in a bag if you market it as fresh. EDM kids and soundcloud rappers should not be upset about this, they should be jumping on it.

With 99% off this plugin is amazing! It will cost 15$. Not bad price.

Return to “Effects”