Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:55 am Spectrasonics products don‘t show up here all that often. The transfer is a bit cumbersome and expensive. And people usually don’t see a reason to part with them. Omniphere is particularly rare. There isn’t really a „regular“ 2nd hand market price.
+1
Dalil260175 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:47 am Need a quick hint: is Spectrasopnics Omnisphere 2 second hand worth spending EUR 300,- or should i buy it regular for EUR 399,- and be able to resale it if needed??
I am not into Spectrasonics, but if I ever wanted to buy anything Spectrasonics, I would buy them new, either at their shop or a dealer. Bestservice has it for a little cheap, for example. You could wait for Black Friday to see if they do any sale.

And if there's an upgrade, you might pay higher as a second-hand buyer than if you buy an original copy.

Ryan99 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:43 pm And if there's an upgrade, you might pay higher as a second-hand buyer than if you buy an original copy.
Good point indeed :tu:

Ryan99 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:43 pm And if there's an upgrade, you might pay higher as a second-hand buyer than if you buy an original copy.
I didn't know that. Then it's obviously not worth saving only 25% but having a NFR copy and paying more for updates. Thanks for the info.

Some developers are successful in killing off the second hand market ...

From their website:

Can a license-transferred Spectrasonics Virtual Instrument be upgraded and updated?
Yes, of course! All license-transferred Spectrasonics Instruments are eligible for both upgrades and updates, but not necessarily all the same special upgrade pricing offers for major new versions. Please note that purchasing an instrument new from an authorized Spectrasonics dealer is the only way to retain the complete access to all of our special upgrade offers.

v1o wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 am Does Miroslav 2 deserve all the hate it gets on Vi-control? They all say it isn't comparable to modern libraries like Albion One or Hollywood Orchestra. Apparently it sounds closer to those 90s workstation keyboards.
I saw some of that conversation. Go back and listen to the examples that a few posters put up. Then dont listen to the noise and decide for yourself. I think its a great bargain for a new composer to have in their quiver. Certainly its a bit long in the tooth but youll be layering and some sounds still stand strong on their own

Hey Uncle E, how long will the McDSP sale run?

Doesn't guitar center do a coupon occasionally that helps with Spectrasonics products since they do not go on sale?

dandezebra wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:03 am Doesn't guitar center do a coupon occasionally that helps with Spectrasonics products since they do not go on sale?
Yes, I was able to use a 10% or 15% coupon when I bought the "boxed" version.

commodore wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:10 am
dandezebra wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:03 am Doesn't guitar center do a coupon occasionally that helps with Spectrasonics products since they do not go on sale?
They don't always allow the discount on Spectrasonics stuff. I did get to use it to buy Omnisphere but because it is a boxed item an I live in California, I got charged tax that almost wiped out my savings. Kind of sucked. What really is bad is you get this box with a funky dongle/drive, but it is not the product. It only allows you to get the product, which downloads from their website. Digital products are not taxable in California. So you're paying tax on what is basically a nontaxable product.

Sorry, the rant came out. :)

dzilizzi wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:58 am
commodore wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:10 am
They don't always allow the discount on Spectrasonics stuff. I did get to use it to buy Omnisphere but because it is a boxed item an I live in California, I got charged tax that almost wiped out my savings. Kind of sucked. What really is bad is you get this box with a funky dongle/drive, but it is not the product. It only allows you to get the product, which downloads from their website. Digital products are not taxable in California. So you're paying tax on what is basically a nontaxable product.

Sorry, the rant came out. :)
Andertons sold me a B-Stock copy of Trilian for £150 because the box - which I didn't care about - was damaged. :)

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

bk wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:48 am Hey Uncle E, how long will the McDSP sale run?
It's ending soon but I think they might extend it.

Just purchased u-he Hive 2
Not on sale but a great price (as ever) from JRR :D :tu:
Thanks!

Uncle E -- will you be carrying the upgrade from Acon Restoration Suite 1 to 2 -- while it's still on sale?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”