The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 pm
jethrobull wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:08 pm Cool upbeat track and great arrangement. Mix is spot on as usual, nice and full. The guitars sound great to me but I'm no expert so... As vurt said, vocals could be a touch louder but other than that good job :tu:
Listening on my ear buds...
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, I'm not getting the vocal volume problem. Probably has something to do with my setup here. I'm not exactly bullet proof for all listening environments so there may be instances where the vocals aren't loud enough. Anything is possible with my limited capabilities.
Weird thing (after another listen) the vocals sound a touch more upfront on the final chorus. But that could just be me.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:05 pm God I hate this place with a passion.
But you keep coming back...

** Public Apology **

I am sorry for anybody who found my song offensive. It was not meant as an attack on any person or group of persons. It was just meant as a song. I hope, with this apology, that we can drop this matter.

Thank you.

jethrobull wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:18 pm
jethrobull wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:08 pm Cool upbeat track and great arrangement. Mix is spot on as usual, nice and full. The guitars sound great to me but I'm no expert so... As vurt said, vocals could be a touch louder but other than that good job :tu:
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, I'm not getting the vocal volume problem. Probably has something to do with my setup here. I'm not exactly bullet proof for all listening environments so there may be instances where the vocals aren't loud enough. Anything is possible with my limited capabilities.
Weird thing (after another listen) the vocals sound a touch more upfront on the final chorus. But that could just be me.
Actually, the final chorus should be harder to hear because of the synth pad behind it. So that is weird. LOL.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:24 pm
jethrobull wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:18 pm
Actually, the final chorus should be harder to hear because of the synth pad behind it. So that is weird. LOL.
Oh god :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 pm ** Public Apology **

I am sorry for anybody who found my song offensive. It was not meant as an attack on any person or group of persons. It was just meant as a song. I hope, with this apology, that we can drop this matter.

Thank you.
So change the offensive lyric to something else, or the apology means nothing.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 pm ** Public Apology **

Thank you.
So change the offensive lyric to something else, or the apology means nothing.
You know what? Do you have any idea how many rap songs have been posted in this forum with all kinds of cursing that I find, not only offensive, but inappropriate? But I don't listen to these songs and then, afterwards, tell the artist how offended I am by their music. So what I'm offended? If we remove everything in this forum that is offensive to somebody there will be hardly any music here.

Sorry, but right now you're just busting my balls and I won't stand for it. You're offended? I get offended too. Get over yourself.

I will not address this issue again so rant on as much as you want.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 pm Just wait until he does his Skrewdriver tribute CD next month...
That is uncalled for, Wagtunes mentioned, and as we know, across the pond some words have different meanings. No offence or malice intended, that's clearly the case.

A shortened derivative of the word in question has been used in, Friends, SNL, by Tiger Woods, The Elastik Band and Weird Al Yankovic. None of these were meant to cause offence.

I find the comment about Skrewdriver totally unnecessary.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:29 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 pm Just wait until he does his Skrewdriver tribute CD next month...
That is uncalled for, Wagtunes mentioned, and as we know, across the pond some words have different meanings. No offence or malice intended, that's clearly the case.

I find the comment about Skrewdriver totally unnecessary.
A good friend of mine here told me to just ignore the people who I don't get along with. I think it's very good advice. I also think it's time to just put my ignore list back up and that way I don't have to deal with the nastiness anymore.

Thank you for your support.

First, let me get one thing straight, I never, ever condone any discrimination, hatred or similar. I treat all people equally, regardless.

I showed instances from Wikipedia, where a word may have been intended mean something none discriminatory in that country.

I'm stating a misunderstanding, Wags is about making music, not stirring hatred,

There's a derogatory word in America for a gay man, in the UK it's meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal. Same word different meanings in the UK and America.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pmAnd that makes it ok? :roll:
Never said it was OK, just pointing out some facts. Standing up for an innocent man, where a word may have been taken out of context.

Maybe a change of lyrics would be welcomed.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

There's a derogatory word in America for a gay man, in the UK it's meatballs made from minced off-cuts and offal. Same word different meanings in the UK and America.
I had to look this up. I had no idea. I think that's hysterical. I can imagine the conversation over there.

Man 1: What you having for dinner tonight?
Man 2: Faggots.

I'm sorry but that's just hysterical. :lol:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 pm
First, let me get one thing straight, I never, ever condone any discrimination, hatred or similar. I treat all people equally, regardless.

I showed instances from Wikipedia, where a word may have been intended mean something none discriminatory in that country.

I'm stating a misunderstanding, Wags is about making music, not stirring hatred,

Never said it was OK, just pointing out some facts. Standing up for an innocent man, where a word may have been taken out of context.

That's exactly why I pointed it out. I was greeted with a torrent of abuse by the OP, followed by a half arsed "apology", then more abuse.

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 pm

One last thing. A change of lyrics for this song would be impossible. What rhymes with plastic that would make any sense? Might as well just scrap the song altogether. Sorry, but I don't believe in censorship. In my country we have freedom of speech and I am exercising that right.

And IMO, spastic is a lot less offensive a word than f**k, c**t, shit and all the other crap that I hear in this forum constantly but nobody says anything about.

Little bit hypocritical of some people if you ask me.

Just sayin'.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 pm
I had to look this up. I had no idea. I think that's hysterical. I can imagine the conversation over there.

Man 1: What you having for dinner tonight?
Man 2: Faggots.

I'm sorry but that's just hysterical. :lol:
https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/fannys-f ... -10708110/

Return to “Music Cafe”