The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:32 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:28 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:24 pm good question.

(my blue badge allows me to make such jokes :D )
Me too mate, and my daughter ...
:hug:
my apologies.
You have nothing to apologize about vurt.

8)

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:31 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:14 pm We don't use the word spastic in the UK ... its considered to be abusive to people with disabilities. Very bad taste.
As I get so little feedback here, I'll take this as a negative comment on the song and mark it as official feedback.

Thank you for the listen (assuming you even bothered) and the comments.

PS - In all honesty, really wish you'd just stay out of this thread. Never any constructive feedback even if it's "Guitar has too much distortion." No, just constant trolling. It gets really tiresome after a while.

Vurt, thank you for your constructive feedback. Appreciate it.
It was meant as constructive criticism, but you have your head so far up your own arse you can't see it.

About the virtual guitars, not that anybody cares, yeah, I get that making them sound real is a herculean task. I do the best I can. I need somebody who is an expert with virtual guitars to show me how to make them sound more realistic. Problem is, I don't know where to go to find that expert and even if I did, there is no guarantee they would take the time to help me. So I do the best I can on my own. It's why I tend to stick to the piano for most of my songs unless I'm doing a project that requires guitars, like this one.

Anyway, you can get back to your discussion about, well, whatever it is you're discussing. I'm not really paying attention as it's irrelevant to this thread.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:14 pm We don't use the word spastic in the UK ... its considered to be abusive to people with disabilities. Very bad taste.
As I get so little feedback here, I'll take this as a negative comment on the song and mark it as official feedback.

PS - In all honesty, really wish you'd just stay out of this thread. Never any constructive feedback even if it's "Guitar has too much distortion." No, just constant trolling. It gets really tiresome after a while.

It was meant as constructive criticism, but you have your head so far up your own arse you can't see it.
Redacted. I was trying to be ironic, but as it was considered not appropriate I have removed the comment
Last edited by Forgotten on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hey man, it was named after a store in New Jersey, one, and two, I don't live in Great Britain and had no intention of offending anybody.

Besides, you think THIS is the only incident? Go through this entire thread and pick out ONE comment you made on any of my songs that was constructive. The only time you ever come here is when you have something to bitch about. So maybe my head is up my ass because you put it there with your constant trolling.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Just wait until he does his Skrewdriver tribute CD next month...
I don't know who they are nor do I care.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:45 pm About the virtual guitars, not that anybody cares, yeah, I get that making them sound real is a herculean task. I do the best I can. I need somebody who is an expert with virtual guitars to show me how to make them sound more realistic. Problem is, I don't know where to go to find that expert and even if I did, there is no guarantee they would take the time to help me. So I do the best I can on my own. It's why I tend to stick to the piano for most of my songs unless I'm doing a project that requires guitars, like this one.

Anyway, you can get back to your discussion about, well, whatever it is you're discussing. I'm not really paying attention as it's irrelevant to this thread.
my point was meant to be "youd done well with them" not "you should get real guitars".

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Hey man, it was named after a store in New Jersey, one, and two, I don't live in Great Britain and had no intention of offending anybody.

Besides, you think THIS is the only incident? Go through this entire thread and pick out ONE comment you made on any of my songs that was constructive. The only time you ever come here is when you have something to bitch about. So maybe my head is up my ass because you put it there with your constant trolling.
Wow. You cant even apologize without blaming someone else ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Wow. You cant even apologize without blaming someone else ...
And you can't stop being a f**king troll.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:59 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:45 pm About the virtual guitars, not that anybody cares, yeah, I get that making them sound real is a herculean task. I do the best I can. I need somebody who is an expert with virtual guitars to show me how to make them sound more realistic. Problem is, I don't know where to go to find that expert and even if I did, there is no guarantee they would take the time to help me. So I do the best I can on my own. It's why I tend to stick to the piano for most of my songs unless I'm doing a project that requires guitars, like this one.

my point was meant to be "youd done well with them" not "you should get real guitars".
I actually agree with you. Virtual guitars will never sound as realistic as real ones. I wish they did. We're not there yet. We may never be there, which is a good thing for guitar players.

Oh, and I have nothing to apologize for. I wrote a song. That's ALL, I was not making fun of anybody. My friends used to call me spastic all the time growing up. We laughed about it. If you're offended, that's on YOU, not me.

I find a lot of things offensive here but I don't go posting in every thread that somebody says something that I find offensive. I'd be here all day. Nothing I said was directed at you, your country, your people or anything. It's just a f**king song for Christ's sake.

God I hate this place with a passion.

Cool upbeat track and great arrangement. Mix is spot on as usual, nice and full. The guitars sound great to me but I'm no expert so... As vurt said, vocals could be a touch louder but other than that good job :tu:
Listening on my ear buds...
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:08 pm Cool upbeat track and great arrangement. Mix is spot on as usual, nice and full. The guitars sound great to me but I'm no expert so... As vurt said, vocals could be a touch louder but other than that good job :tu:
Listening on my ear buds...
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Yeah, I'm not getting the vocal volume problem. Probably has something to do with my setup here. I'm not exactly bullet proof for all listening environments so there may be instances where the vocals aren't loud enough. Anything is possible with my limited capabilities.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:05 pm Oh, and I have nothing to apologize for. I wrote a song. That's ALL, I was not making fun of anybody. My friends used to call me spastic all the time growing up. We laughed about it. If you're offended, that's on YOU, not me.

I find a lot of things offensive here but I don't go posting in every thread that somebody says something that I find offensive. I'd be here all day. Nothing I said was directed at you, your country, your people or anything. It's just a f**king song for Christ's sake.

God I hate this place with a passion.
Its mutual ...

Return to “Music Cafe”