The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok giving you mixing tips is like trying to teach jenna jameson how to give head....but I speak from the perspective of a consumer, and not a professional. :wink: Maybe you can dial back the distortion on those guitars in 'Sandbox'. IDKWTTY was nice ... the solo was perfectly placed but you should have come back in with the vocals, only with more intensity and the guitar playing a few fills here and there. Instead it just ends without a proper climax.

I was a bit apprehensive about posting this as the last guy i critiqued on this forum rebuked me in the form of gangsta rap, which admittedly was so well written it was like a slap across the face. :lol: I think you know who i'm talking about..

frank1985 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:28 pm ok giving you mixing tips is like trying to teach jenna jameson how to give head....but I speak from the perspective of a consumer, and not a professional. :wink: Maybe you can dial back the distortion on those guitars in 'Sandbox'. IDKWTTY was nice ... the solo was perfectly placed but you should have come back in with the vocals, only with more intensity and the guitar playing a few fills here and there. Instead it just ends without a proper climax.

I was a bit apprehensive about posting this as the last guy i critiqued on this forum rebuked me in the form of gangsta rap, which admittedly was so well written it was like a slap across the face. :lol: I think you know who i'm talking about..
Critique is well appreciated Frank. Sure, there are lots of things I could have probably done different. And I have no doubt that if I could actually get 10 different people to critique this song (I don't get a lot of feedback) I'd probably get 10 different suggestions. That's the beauty of music. It's so subjective. So no, I'm not at all angry or anything about your comments. In fact, I'd love to hear what somebody like Blink 182 would do with this song, not that I'm ever going to find out.

Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback. It is much appreciated.

6th track from my upcoming CD "In The Blink Of An Eye"

Went back to my Blink project. With this one, I'm half way through the project. Title comes from a collectible toy store that used to be in Clifton, NJ. I think they're closed now.

Spastic Over Plastic

Hitting the strip mall smoking my pall mall
Looking for something on sale
Hitting the sweet shops seeing what they got
Hoping I don't land in jail

Visa I've got
Mastercard's hot
Definitely I am not
Spastic over plastic

CVS Best Buy no way can I lie
I am addicted to all
Macy's and Rite Aid reason it will fade
You wanna join me just call

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... er-plastic

We don't use the word spastic in the UK ... its considered to be abusive to people with disabilities. Very bad taste.

we use "window licker" instead :)

Or do we?

good question.

(my blue badge allows me to make such jokes :D )

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:24 pm good question.

You were on that kids’ show?

Here’s one I made earlier...

Me too mate, and my daughter ...

Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm

You were on that kids’ show?

Here’s one I made earlier...
So a Blue Peter badge or Disability badge?
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

i like it, vocs could be louder.
guitars dont sound too bad for vst, maybe a bit too "perfect" to be real but not in a way casual listeners might notice.

but yeah, spastic is oldspeak you need the updated newspeak manual.

plus ian dury owned it with "spasticus autisticus" :band:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:14 pm We don't use the word spastic in the UK ... its considered to be abusive to people with disabilities. Very bad taste.
As I get so little feedback here, I'll take this as a negative comment on the song and mark it as official feedback.

Thank you for the listen (assuming you even bothered) and the comments.

PS - In all honesty, really wish you'd just stay out of this thread. Never any constructive feedback even if it's "Guitar has too much distortion." No, just constant trolling. It gets really tiresome after a while.

Vurt, thank you for your constructive feedback. Appreciate it.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 pm plus ian dury owned it with "spasticus autisticus" :band:
...and the BBC in their infinite wisdom decided to ban it because the title was deemed offensive... :dog:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Me too mate, and my daughter ...
:hug:
my apologies.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:32 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:30 pm plus ian dury owned it with "spasticus autisticus" :band:
...and the BBC in their infinite wisdom decided to ban it because the title was deemed offensive... :dog:
the point was obviously well hidden :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”