Sub comparising slate digital and Plugin Alliance

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do not know if this is the right section to ask, I am sorry if it isn't
I recently started using an all acces pass on digitale slate. It has many plugins which I already use. Now I saw on facebook an add for a simular service. I read a bit about it and it looks better. The main thing that I like a lot is that when a plugin would go out the bundle you get it for free for a life time with a life time license (even in case of bankrupcy of the company)
I can not buy these kinds of plugins because they cost a lot of money...
I also have no clue what to buy, I do not have any knowledge of these things so a sub is better since it also includes future plugins which will be released.
I currently have this sub: https://www.slatedigital.com/
I took it in the first place for the ANA 2 synth (which I rarely use to be honest) but stayed for all the other plugins like reverb, EQ and delay and the "mastering" tool. I just use the "mastering" tool to put the song on the right volume so all songs are basicly at the same volume level. I am happy with this sub but for some reason the other sub seems better it is this one:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... nthly.html

Do any of you have an opinion about both subs? Please share them then. I will go ahead probably and take the 14 day free trail of the other sub to check it out.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

If money is an issue, I wouldn't get either of them. Not because they don't represent value (That's another conversation, altogether), but because you don't know how to use the plugins.
While you are learning what compression etc. is, and how to use it, there are a ton of good free, and great quality, plugins with which you can learn. You also have everything you need within Ableton Live.
That's not to say that these subscriptions don't offer different flavours, and arguably better quality. It's just that until you know what you are listening for then you won't know why they are better, or how to get the best from them.
Seriously, man! Save yourself hundreds of euros, and just learn how to use what you have. If you do want to make a worthwhile investment, then get a subscription to 'ask audio'. With that you will be able to learn all about compressors, eq's, mastering etc. along with tons of tutorials for Ableton.

Try them and cancel after a month if they’re not for you.

El-bo speaks the truth though. You already have these tools in your DAW so get acquainted with these first. A fancy EQ or compressor won’t help your mix if you don’t know how to use them.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Thats not really what I asked but ok. I will check out ask audio

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:14 am Thats not really what I asked but ok. I will check out ask audio
Ok then, re opinions: 65 pages of them.
viewtopic.php?t=527815

TL;DR the majority wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole. But financial circumstances differ and therefore so may your opinion.

Ok so I registered on Ask Audio and it said I have 100+ free tutorials but I can not seem to find them?

Thx Mushy Mushy, will check it out.

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:32 am Thx Mushy Mushy, will check it out.
To summarise:

Pros
- lots of plugins at a reasonable rate

Cons
- if you can’t afford to pay one month your projects are in limbo
- what if the server goes down (ie like with Roland this week)
- you don’t own anything
- the plans from different companies accumulate very quickly thereby getting expensive
- dependency on internet connection

It’s probably best this discussion is continued in the other thread TBH otherwise this will soon become another 65 page thread of the same arguments for and against.

As I thought I see a lot of hate reactions but not really any information messages

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:42 am As I thought I see a lot of hate reactions but not really any information messages
That’s a fair assessment. It’s a business model that hasn’t been very well received (seemingly anyway; obviously I don’t have Slate/PA sales figures to support that conclusively).

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:30 am Ok so I registered on Ask Audio and it said I have 100+ free tutorials but I can not seem to find them?
I don't know. I have a subscription, so everything is just unlocked to be viewed.

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:23 am ... I am happy with this sub but for some reason the other sub seems better
The grass is always greener.

Well I went thru around 30-40 pages and I came to the conclussion that many people are just pissed because now the plugins they spend money on can be found in the sub for 24.99 a month. There is not really any information on the plugins themself but more on how much of a cheating lying asshole this dirk person is. Maybe they should change the title of the topic to: what do you think of Dirk.

Ok El Bo. I will put money on paypal to subscribe to ask audio but it seems the tutorials on ableton live are not that many and the last one is from 19 january. It also seems there are a lot of courses on different plugins which you have to buy and which are very expensive. So I dont know. Will get a month sub to check out the ableton live things they offer

Mozex wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:03 am Ok El Bo. I will put money on paypal to subscribe to ask audio but it seems the tutorials on ableton live are not that many and the last one is from 19 january. It also seems there are a lot of courses on different plugins which you have to buy and which are very expensive. So I dont know. Will get a month sub to check out the ableton live things they offer
Don’t spend any money on tuts just yet. There are countless hours of Ableton tuts on YouTube.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”