FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

You are on 10.6 and demands compatibility?! Man! Some people are really something :hihi: Don't tell me you have a hackintosh!

Interesting to see I am not alone with my opinion....
Here´s the latest newsletter from Melda I got today:
Over the years, many users of non-trivial applications have reported compatibility problems in OSX and it looks like there will be even more reports in the future, starting with Catalina. This may be a good time to review your options and consider switching to a different platform. It quite doesn't matter if you are tired of compatibility problems, the lack of functional software choices or the value per $. It's actually really simple to switch to a PC, it will save you money, time and nerves.
I find it actually a shame that software companies are forced to have a seperate developer team for such a small amount of customers who don´t want to understand because they are living in the past...
This is a waste of money and developing time all customers have to pay...

jonljacobi wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:07 pm Not to argue merits, but price a PC with a high-density display before you do your comparison math.
Ok, I reduce 3 times higher to the double... for such a shitty system it´s still 4 times too much... :D

telecode wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:01 pm
I am actually on an older gen OSX 10.6 or something.
There's your problem.

https://www.image-line.com/downloads/fl ... nload.html

System requirements

FL STUDIO is designed to run on any computer system operating:

WINDOWS: 7, 8, 10 or later
macOS: minimum 10.11, recommended 10.13.6 or later

Our analysis of crashes / access violations shows its, almost always, people using a version less than 10.13, particularly where 3rd party plugins are involved. If you are not meeting minimum spec, 10.11 AND have updated all plugins to the latest version, then it's going to be a rough ride I am afraid.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Hi scott. Any news about crash protection? Really looking forward. Thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Image-Line wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:52 pm
There's your problem.
:box:

Thats not very helpful or very nice. :0(

Anyways, I upgraded to 10.13.6 and the product still crashes like a Luftwaffe over London in 36

Churchill would have been proud of you guys.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Il is very very responsive but dunno if it helped you.
Last edited by Caine123 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

telecode wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:16 pmBottom like, FL Studio 20.x at its current release version is not yet ready for running on the OS X platform. They either aren't able to port it to OS X or they don't know how to make it run reliably on OS X yet.
Sorry to hear but it runs perfectly fine and stable here (we use it as the main test DAW for our plugins). And now that you've ruled out the not supported OS version you can troubleshoot for the next things. Don't see the big problem or the unusual steps here.

telecode wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:16 pm
[...] FL Studio 20.x at its current release version is not yet ready for running on the OS X platform. They either aren't able to port it to OS X or they don't know how to make it run reliably on OS X yet.
My understanding is that they are compiling it for Mac OS, then testing it a bit, but not developing it ON Mac OS. FL Studio is made in Delphi, which somewhat recently added support for compiling Mac OS applications, a feature likely based in more recent Mac OS versions. I’ve always wondered how effective this development strategy could be...

What modules are listed in crash reports? Audio? Graphics?

What external hardware do you have connected? Disconnect everything you don’t need and run with the built-in audio for a while. See if there’s any difference.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:30 pm
[...] FL Studio 20.x at its current release version is not yet ready for running on the OS X platform. They either aren't able to port it to OS X or they don't know how to make it run reliably on OS X yet.
My understanding is that they are compiling it for Mac OS, then testing it a bit, but not developing it ON Mac OS. FL Studio is made in Delphi, which somewhat recently added support for compiling Mac OS applications, a feature likely based in more recent Mac OS versions. I’ve always wondered how effective this development strategy could be...

What external hardware do you have connected? Disconnect everything you don’t need and run with the built-in audio for a while. See if there’s any difference.
The crash logs were inconsistent. Nothing seemed to point to one particular item. Sometimes it was graphics card drives. Sometimes it was kernel.

The only external hardware i have on that setup is a gen 1 Komplete 6 interface, midi controller, maschine mk1 mikro and machine jam. i recently replaced the mk1 with a mk3.

For now I removed FL studio and did a complete clean up of all FL and imageline data and libraries from the OS. When a new updated version gets released I might give it anther shot.

I suspect it might be the interface drivers. When I try again, I will try unplugging the K6 and using the built in interface of the MK3.

:tu:

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:30 pm

The crash logs were inconsistent. Nothing seemed to point to one particular item. Sometimes it was graphics card drives. Sometimes it was kernel.

The only external hardware i have on that setup is a gen 1 Komplete 6 interface, midi controller, maschine mk1 mikro and machine jam. i recently replaced the mk1 with a mk3.

For now I removed FL studio and did a complete clean up of all FL and imageline data and libraries from the OS. When a new updated version gets released I might give it anther shot. (At present I am getting ready to test stability of Cubase 10.5 on this setup and to see if its stable to replace 9.5 I am running. )

I suspect it might be the interface drivers. When I try again, I will try unplugging the K6 and using the built in interface of the MK3.

:tu:

post were removed because THIS IS NOT A MAC VS PC THREAD
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

What are you guys complaining for? You get Flex for free lol. Why are you being nasty to scott for? How does it feel seeing a bunch of young producers from edm or hip hop or whatever background get records placed and dominate the billboard charts with FL Studio. But you guys have had FL for 10 or so years and five DAW's. Kim Kardashians sister Kylie Jenners ex rapper Travis Scott's documentary was scored in FL Studio. Scored.... Imageline posted a vid on twitter of a series that was scored with FL.

Image-Line wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:52 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:01 pm
I am actually on an older gen OSX 10.6 or something.
There's your problem.

https://www.image-line.com/downloads/fl ... nload.html

System requirements

FL STUDIO is designed to run on any computer system operating:

WINDOWS: 7, 8, 10 or later
macOS: minimum 10.11, recommended 10.13.6 or later

Our analysis of crashes / access violations shows its, almost always, people using a version less than 10.13, particularly where 3rd party plugins are involved. If you are not meeting minimum spec, 10.11 AND have updated all plugins to the latest version, then it's going to be a rough ride I am afraid.

Regards Scott
Kylie Jenners ex artist Travis Scott's producer scored is documentary in Fl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymxn8UTOrhw

Keep up the great work, as I see you always engaging.

telecode wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm Anyways, I upgraded to 10.13.6 and the product still crashes like a Luftwaffe over London in 36
Let’s hope Santa brought you a history book 😉
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”