Missions - Journeys in our Solar System new Album (Pure Electronic - shades of Synth Pop & Retrowave)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All

I have shown a couple of these tracks recently (Parker Probe, Space X & Curiosity & Insight) and here is the whole album sequenced with animations I made to fit.
https://youtu.be/11OTi_eEvtA

For the technical: all music, sounds, & production was done 100% in Reason 10. Europa, Thor & Subtractor being my main weapons of choice. The video was made entirely in HitFilm Express 13 with nothing but the cover, my logo, & a blank plane. The most used effect was a Noise Generator. And yes some of the physics is questionable but this is my universe so my rules are just dandy with me :wink:

:-)
Official: https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2019/10/0 ... ar-system/
Bandcamp: https://benedictroff-marsh.bandcamp.com ... lar-system

Straight up Bump!

Lotsa views, not a single comment. Surely it can't be all that bad or I can't have offended everyone in the world that badly by trying to be helpful.

:?:

Missed this initially, then went to listen and saw it was 41 minutes.

Sorry to say this but I think that's the problem. I can't speak for others but I don't have 41 minutes in my day to listen to one person's one song. So my guess is that's why the lack of responses.

Maybe if you posted something of a reasonable length you might get some feedback. Most of my songs are about 3 to 4 minutes long and I'm lucky if I get more than one comment on a track.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.

I managed to listen to about 80%. But then, despite accusations to the contrary, I also listened to your sleep album nearly three times through :shrug:

nice soundscapes, did not manage to listen to the whole length, but : good work..

It's an album with 10 discrete tracks. Nowhere do I suggest anyone has to listen to ALL of it. I just happen to value albums as a whole (unfashionable as that may be with people with short ).

To indicate that I am not worth even a few minutes of time to listen or comment is not exactly relationship-building ;-)

Thanks htcnext2

Benedict wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:16 pm It's an album with 10 discrete tracks. Nowhere do I suggest anyone has to listen to ALL of it. I just happen to value albums as a whole (unfashionable as that may be with people with short ).

To indicate that I am not worth even a few minutes of time to listen or comment is not exactly relationship-building ;-)

Thanks htcnext2

40 minutes of music is the average length of an album, of course you are right. The first time, that I've heard anyone here, with the aim to reproduce an impression of a 'full album listening' experience. Anyways, a good idea I think, if you want to attract people, who are willing to make this journey.. As the short termed internet habits evoke, this may be only successful in a partial manner. :phones: :phones:

htcnext2 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:28 pm 40 minutes of music is the average length of an album, of course you are right. The first time, that I've heard anyone here, with the aim to reproduce an impression of a 'full album listening' experience. Anyways, a good idea I think, if you want to attract people, who are willing to make this journey.. As the short termed internet habits evoke, this may be only successful in a partial manner. :phones: :phones:
I have done loose tracks, whole albums, albums with stories, albums of Bach & TV Themes, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, CD Baby, Spotifry...

All I am left with is to follow my own medicine
Divinatory Meanings: Using the mind to fill in the missing parts. Seeing and understanding all the possibilities. Missing the obvious. A need for belief in your own unique ideas. New ideas need to be grasped.

Benedict wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:16 pm It's an album with 10 discrete tracks. Nowhere do I suggest anyone has to listen to ALL of it. I just happen to value albums as a whole (unfashionable as that may be with people with short ).

Thanks htcnext2

Then a track list would be nice. As it stands now, I have no idea what I'm listening to. That's all I'm saying. At least break it up like with a Soundcloud playlist where I can pick out one or two songs. I certainly have that much time to devote to your music but with no list, I'm kind of stumbling in the dark. Nowhere did I say you're not worth a few minutes of my time. Don't take what I said and turn it into something that it isn't.

I've an attraction to retro stuff, so the sounds you used here were instantly likeable for me.
Some of the melodic stuff was interesting, e.g. around the 3:30> mark.
Around the 20m mark, I actually like your stuff more when its minimalistic like this.
30:20 pretty good ambience.
I think like a few others, my attention span is short and so a 40min video should be chunked down. Thats just the way a majority of people are these days.
I did skip through it but gave it a significant listen. But in today's busy world, a lot of people simply don't have 40 mins spare. But they might have 3mins!
Overall though, I liked the music I heard.

I listened on my iPad before bed. It was a pleasant journey and gave me the same positive vibes I get when listening to Oxygéne and Equinox. Like those albums, it definitely needs to be experienced in full.

Thanks Bansaw.

I get that the world may be a certain way but I am over trying to chase people who want very different things than I do. I am after people who want what I do. My job is to be me and if I do a good enough job of that the right people will appreciate that. Time is an easy excuse. I have always seen my music as being a bit like meditation: "Relax your mind and let your body drift", "Come dream with me". This has no value in ever diminishing chunks so I present the whole work and people can choose on their own how committed they choose to be to their listening pleasure.

Frank, that, of course, is exactly what I hope to hear.

Return to “Music Cafe”