DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Had the first demo and I couldn’t dedicate my time to it because my business picked up and overtime was in order.
V3.2 was available again for demo, as Richard said, and this time was an instant purchase.
There are situations where 30 days are not sufficient due to personal life choices but 30 days is quite a long time to test.
So, new demo periods for new versions is quite fair.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Holy cow, I'm usually not a fan of white skins since it's not easy on the eyes, but the new skin is so CLEAN

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 am

If someone can turn the knobs white in photoshop or can swipe them out for all white knobs I'd be happy for them!
not as easy as you think, for some unknown reason the knob shadows are drawn onto the background, so makes it virtually impossible to change knobs

You mean the background is it own png? Why not change that as well?

I was trying to mess with highlights or hue but not getting close.

Maybe just replace the entire knob file, but not sure where to find more knobs like this.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

AnX wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 pm

If someone can turn the knobs white in photoshop or can swipe them out for all white knobs I'd be happy for them!
not as easy as you think, for some unknown reason the knob shadows are drawn onto the background, so makes it virtually impossible to change knobs
Not having to render shadows or mess with alpha channel compositing lowers UI CPU usage and simplifies themes.
Last edited by teilo on Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dupe

teilo wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:41 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Not having to render shadows or mess with alpha channel compositing lowers UI CPU usage and simplifies themes.
not something I care about, just makes the gui useless to tweak if you want to (as some do)

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:31 pm You mean the background is it own png? Why not change that as well?

I was trying to mess with highlights or hue but not getting close.

Maybe just replace the entire knob file, but not sure where to find more knobs like this.

the background is a png file, that has some shadows already burned on. Some of the shadows encroach onto text, so it's a lot of work to get round this (and it isn't a flat colour either) Other knobs appear with shadows even if the knob itself has no shadow.

ive tried several knobs, but the permanent shadows make it a futile experiment

Can you send me a knob. I'll see if i stumble across a solution.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

you won't, short of making a new background, and all the other panels

maybe ill try, send something if you can, or perhaps tell me where to find stuff

TTU Youtube

teilo wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:23 pmI realize a skin really shouldn't matter that much, but it does. Call me shallow, but this feels like a new synth, and it makes me want to use it more. I feel it sets it apart from Dune 2.
Really? I have to put my sunglasses on before I change to the White skin. It is way too bright to be useful to me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

White skin is perfect.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:39 pm White skin is perfect.
Racist :roll:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

BONES wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:10 pm
teilo wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:23 pmI realize a skin really shouldn't matter that much, but it does. Call me shallow, but this feels like a new synth, and it makes me want to use it more. I feel it sets it apart from Dune 2.
Really? I have to put my sunglasses on before I change to the White skin. It is way too bright to be useful to me.
Same here actually. But its also a bit because my DAW is dark grey, so there is a bit too much of contrast. But skins on Dune 3 doesnt matter anymore since the default is perfect for me already.

Return to “Instruments”