MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Also, a MIDI CC on/off switch for pedals would be nice, so I can quickly turn on/off effects like distortion would be really nice.

does anyone know something about faulty playback in FL Studio (specifically long sustained notes playing whenever there should be short notes, i.e. a bass fill)? it's behaving really weird. for example, when i loop a 4 bar bassline, it plays that weird stuff instead of the correct bass fill on the first or second loop, but then corrects itself on successive playthroughs. when you're playing a whole song, it seems all over the place and hard to predict when it's gonna play weird shit. when you stop at a portion it f**ked up and instantly replay that, it plays fine. exporting to audio seems to work fine, also. it's just the playback in FLS.

i contacted support already, but was hoping there are FLS users here who ran into similar problems with MODO. it seems such a particular bug that i wonder if there's any real solution to it, at all. so, is this another unlikely IKM curse one has to live with, for the time being?

I've been demoing this and can't figure out how to make pitch bend work normally. Is there a trick? I've set the bend to PW in the settings and removed PW from slide. However most notes don't bend. A couple did but only a semi-tone maybe? I don't see a setting for bend range.

On real guitars, you mostly only bend 2 semi tones absolute max, unless you literally drag the string off of the fret board. Also, the closer to the tuners you are (fret position wise), the less you can bend.

Did you try moving the pitch bend "up" rather than down?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:51 am On real guitars, you mostly only bend 2 semi tones absolute max, unless you literally drag the string off of the fret board. Also, the closer to the tuners you are (fret position wise), the less you can bend.

Did you try moving the pitch bend "up" rather than down?
Well given that it's software I don't see a reason to limit the bend that much. I was hoping it would allow for a fretless type glide sound that I could use with my linnstrument. I tried pitching up and down yes.

nasenmann wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:44 am does anyone know something about faulty playback in FL Studio (specifically long sustained notes playing whenever there should be short notes, i.e. a bass fill)? it's behaving really weird. for example, when i loop a 4 bar bassline, it plays that weird stuff instead of the correct bass fill on the first or second loop, but then corrects itself on successive playthroughs. when you're playing a whole song, it seems all over the place and hard to predict when it's gonna play weird shit. when you stop at a portion it f**ked up and instantly replay that, it plays fine. exporting to audio seems to work fine, also. it's just the playback in FLS.

i contacted support already, but was hoping there are FLS users here who ran into similar problems with MODO. it seems such a particular bug that i wonder if there's any real solution to it, at all. so, is this another unlikely IKM curse one has to live with, for the time being?
I have the exact same issue. Can't use it but I haven't bothered to report it.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:00 pm Well given that it's software I don't see a reason to limit the bend that much. I was hoping it would allow for a fretless type glide sound that I could use with my linnstrument. I tried pitching up and down yes.
If you want a more "fretless type glide", then I think there is no way around the Legato Slide function
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:11 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:00 pm Well given that it's software I don't see a reason to limit the bend that much. I was hoping it would allow for a fretless type glide sound that I could use with my linnstrument. I tried pitching up and down yes.
If you want a more "fretless type glide", then I think there is no way around the Legato Slide function
Legato slide is specifically meant for the sound of sliding across frets though. They should allow pitch bend like any other instrument. That would give a fretless style sound. I wish the IK rep would pop back into this thread.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 pm Legato slide is specifically meant for the sound of sliding across frets though. They should allow pitch bend like any other instrument. That would give a fretless style sound. I wish the IK rep would pop back into this thread.
Pitch bend on a Bass would only allow for so far of a bend. This control's range is fixed to +/- 1 semitone.This choice was made to preserve some realism in that aspect of the instrument. We do however appreciate your feature request. Feel free to post this to the official wish list here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 39&t=19519

This is the best route to allow the proper persons to see your request.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:14 pm I've been demoing this and can't figure out how to make pitch bend work normally. Is there a trick? I've set the bend to PW in the settings and removed PW from slide. However most notes don't bend. A couple did but only a semi-tone maybe? I don't see a setting for bend range.
I'm not sure what is going on here. Shoot me a PM with more info and I'll make some suggestions. I'd like to know which notes in specific are causing your troubles to try it out on my end. If I can't help, support is always the best place for questions like this :)
nasenmann wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:44 am does anyone know something about faulty playback in FL Studio (specifically long sustained notes playing whenever there should be short notes, i.e. a bass fill)? it's behaving really weird. for example, when i loop a 4 bar bassline, it plays that weird stuff instead of the correct bass fill on the first or second loop, but then corrects itself on successive playthroughs. when you're playing a whole song, it seems all over the place and hard to predict when it's gonna play weird shit. when you stop at a portion it f**ked up and instantly replay that, it plays fine. exporting to audio seems to work fine, also. it's just the playback in FLS.

Would you mind sending me a PM with your ticket number? I can flag your case with the information presented here.

In the meantime, I would look out for any possible MIDI CC messages which could be affecting your Control Page. It sounds like there may be one stray message in there or your controller is changing a setting causing your troubles. Just a thought though! The best route here is through support. Thank you for reaching out already. I look forward to checking out your case.
popmoney wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:09 pm I have the exact same issue. Can't use it but I haven't bothered to report it.
Please report any unusual behavior to support for the best chance of a resolution. Once opened, PM me your ticket number.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
twitewhite wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:52 pm Also, a MIDI CC on/off switch for pedals would be nice, so I can quickly turn on/off effects like distortion would be really nice.
Thanks for the suggestion. Please post any feature requests to the official wish list: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 39&t=19519
benjamind wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 am C'mon E-Guitars.

But yeah I'd agree I'd like to see some more CC controllers involved as the sound of course evolves throughout the track.
We appreciate the interest. This would be another good one for the wish list if it's not already posted. Make sure to mention which controls you'd fine most useful.
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 39&t=19519
plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:23 am I recently remastered this track using outboard analogue gear. I always like hearing the bass - how it articulates. It's MODO. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/dads-new-car

This one as well has some nice MODO on it. This was also recently remastered with outboard analogue gear. warm!

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/poltergeist
Thanks for sharing! Great sounds. :phones: :D
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Ryan_IK wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 pm Legato slide is specifically meant for the sound of sliding across frets though. They should allow pitch bend like any other instrument. That would give a fretless style sound. I wish the IK rep would pop back into this thread.
Pitch bend on a Bass would only allow for so far of a bend. This control's range is fixed to +/- 1 semitone.This choice was made to preserve some realism in that aspect of the instrument. We do however appreciate your feature request. Feel free to post this to the official wish list here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 39&t=19519

This is the best route to allow the proper persons to see your request.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:14 pm I've been demoing this and can't figure out how to make pitch bend work normally. Is there a trick? I've set the bend to PW in the settings and removed PW from slide. However most notes don't bend. A couple did but only a semi-tone maybe? I don't see a setting for bend range.
I'm not sure what is going on here. Shoot me a PM with more info and I'll make some suggestions. I'd like to know which notes in specific are causing your troubles to try it out on my end. If I can't help, support is always the best place for questions like this :)
Cool, thanks. Looks like there have been a lot of MPE requests. I'm trying to use it on the linnstrument so that would be huge if you guys would add that. Do you know if this is being added? It will be even more necessary if you do modo guitars (hopefully out of the gate with MPE this time). I'll PM after more demoing, thanks. Still deciding whether or not to buy.

Folks, i remember i already asked it it seems, but not sure did got reply or no: How to simple press to different notes, and for they could sounds long together after keys release ?

Currently, i know two things:

1. I really can do it, but only if all notes in chord started exactly simultaneously, in timeline grid, in form of MIDI clip. (But if we slightly shift start time of each note in chord - release will works only for last trigged note). It's bug or what ?

2. The Release can works by enabling "Let Ring" button, but only for one note (not poly).

So, need explain.

And another question - can't understand what doing the "Chord Mode", i mean i understand by description with what it relate "allows multiple simultaneous notes", but i can't reproduce any circumstance, when it would works audible, i mean - i play midi chord, but not hear any difference in sound, during enabled or disabled chord mode (I can get multiple simultaneous sounding notes as well while Chord Mode is disabled, i mean).
Any tip maybe ?

Hm... It's currently $99 at JRRShop and I'm tempted.
On the other hand I have Trilian...

tuzemec wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:02 pm Hm... It's currently $99 at JRRShop and I'm tempted.
On the other hand I have Trilian...
Same here. Plus the Komplete basses. Which let me set the bend range to whatever I want, and easy to create an mpe multi, so more flexible in those ways. Hopefully Modo adds these things.

Did they fix the bug that causes skipped/long notes when played by the piano roll? I've seen quite a few reports of this, the latest in August. I'm tempted by this low price but I won't buy if this bug is not fixed.

Return to “Instruments”