Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently got BYOME. I haven’t had much time to play with it as I’m doing lots of overtime all month, but it seems great. Most likely gonna get the Triad upgrade eventually since it's so affordable.

I have one feature request. Can we get a more convenient way to scroll horizontally? Maybe it’s just me but grabbing a scroll bar that seems to be just a few pixels wide is kind of a pain. I don’t know if this can be done, but in Cubase dragging with mousewheel click lets you “grab” the arrangement and drag it around. Or in Live ctrl alt click does the same.

I’m not able to check right now, but I’m pretty sure the scroll bar doesn’t respond to the scroll wheel either. Even that would be a nice improvement

on mac with trackpad lets you double-finger drag - works great

Great for Mac users but for desktop pc users a solution involving shift mouse wheel could work. And/or some much thicker scroll bars. I saw earlier in the thread talk of an 'auto scroll' feature which scrolls any newly added modules into focus. This along with the same wide mode from Lion would be really nice. Something else I've been thinking of is being able to solo one of the frequencies at the top, and that automatically enlarges the relevant byome below. Anyone else have some little workflow improvements to share?

Please please please add scroll wheel support for PC to those bottom bars. (And the ability to make the window larger while the modules stay the same size.)

Please. Please. Pretty please.

Please?

Pretty please with sugar on top :)
Wide mode would be great ...

thelizard wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:29 pm Hi everyone,
[...]
We haven't added in Wide Mode yet. We delayed LION and have been working exclusively on getting these crashes sorted out.
Is the wide mode still on the agenda for Byome and Triad? :party:

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:57 pm
thelizard wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:29 pm Hi everyone,
[...]
We haven't added in Wide Mode yet. We delayed LION and have been working exclusively on getting these crashes sorted out.
Is the wide mode still on the agenda for Byome and Triad? :party:
Yep! I spent the last two weeks moving all of our projects over from "Projucer" (JUCE's sort of project creator/manager) over to a much faster and more robust CMake system. This was a bit of a time investment (had to learn yet another scripting language!), but we already have our projects way more synced up. People weren't crazy about LION's wide mode, so I want to make it a smooth resizer (i.e., horizontal drag resizes the rows, vertical drag changes the overall scale).

The other main hangup is that I want to get this LION hotfix published (the one on our public beta page) before making any significant changes. At least one tester at PA has reported still experiencing filter zippering with oversampling enabled, so we're trying to figure out how the hell that's still happening.

Me and others are big fans of yours. i have been since G8. I was with you before before plugin. I own most of your plugs. I have to say shit went down hill after Spec ops. I don't hate or blame you.. I will continue to buy, just not in current form. Byome really... it just was too buggy. Everybody loves your sound and quality tho. we all think you can do it better... it's a matter of time, I'm not your yes man, I'm a friend. I'm glad to hear this.

Great to hear you're still all over it, Michael.

Thanks mate.

I have never experienced bugs that I know of,in Byome or Triad in Reaper. It's odd or maybe haven't noticed

Triad is also one of the baddest plugins around.

Very surprised that neither byome or triads betas we have had since July weren't included, at least they are not mentioned, in the pa update emailed out today.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 pm Very surprised that neither byome or triads betas we have had since July weren't included, at least they are not mentioned, in the pa update emailed out today.
Rsp
Are the betas just bug fixes or is there any actual qol improvements? I remember seeing somewhere that ua have to be careful how often they update through pa, because it's some kind of ordeal apparently.

Beta Releases

Because of the extreme testing that is required by Plugin Alliance for all releases, sometimes they are unable to push out the latest builds. This page has links to anything that has been fixed internally but not yet released through the PA Installation Manager.
BYOME

2019.7.3: Crash fixes, scalable interface, randomization depth, scale quantization, HiDPI support improvement, Input Follower sidechain state save fix, UX/UI Improvements. Mac Windows
LION

2019.10.26: Fixed filter interpolation bugs, added unison phase randomization, added legato modulation reset stop. Windows

2019.9.17: Quantization not working on main Oscillators bug fixed, Zipper fix on LP12 filter. Mac Windows
Triad

2019.7.3: Crash fixes, scalable interface, randomization depth, scale quantization, HiDPI support improvement, Input Follower sidechain state save fix, UX/UI Improvements. Mac Windows

These are what they are,
but still either way. Since July, surely those should be incorporated by now.
rsp
sound sculptist

We sent LION 1.1.0 into PA last week. We're waiting on updated artist presets before we post beta installers here.

With that out of the way, I'm aiming to post new BYOME and Triad betas this week or next. The wide mode will not be a button like on LION 1.0.0/1.1.0, but instead I want to have completely smooth scaling, so vertical resizing changes scale, while horizontal resize changes plugin width, if that makes sense.

We spent a lot of time updating our build system, so the next public betas will be installers and will have Catalina notarization.

Here's a preview. Just getting the rows to scale first, but the logo, visualizer, and preset bar will scale properly as well.
wideProgress.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”