How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

How to make that sound...
levm38
KVRist
57 posts since 11 Feb, 2019

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 am

From 0.33 to 0.49 more or less on this track, there is a sound that I dont even know how to describe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZouQDCm9OaY

Normally, I go to google or youtube and search for the type of sound that I am looking for, and then learn. However I dont know what type of effect its this so I dont know how to search for it.

Can it be described as a RISER vocoder effect or something like that?

Any tips to do this?

User avatar
Googly Smythe
KVRAF
2557 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Not where I was just now.

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:37 am

White noise.
Bandcamp - Soundcloud
What is life without a little whimsy?

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
12783 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 am

After watching that video I made a sound. I'm not sure it's the one you were expecting though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
1281 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:50 am

its just a wavetable synth mixed with vocal manipulation. a very common technique found in modern Chillstep and EDM. Good luck on your tutorials.. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlIZTfWqfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZsD-m4YlOQ
Image

Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam, Arturia, Komplete 6, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
1281 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:51 am

telecode wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:50 am
its just a wavetable synth mixed with vocal manipulation. a very common technique found in modern Chillstep and EDM. These below are for FL, but the same principles apply to whatever DAW you are using. Good luck on your tutorials.. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlIZTfWqfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZsD-m4YlOQ
Image

Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam, Arturia, Komplete 6, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels

levm38
KVRist
57 posts since 11 Feb, 2019

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:34 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 am
After watching that video I made a sound. I'm not sure it's the one you were expecting though.
can you please post it? which synths do you have?

levm38
KVRist
57 posts since 11 Feb, 2019

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:36 am

telecode wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:51 am
telecode wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:50 am
its just a wavetable synth mixed with vocal manipulation. a very common technique found in modern Chillstep and EDM. These below are for FL, but the same principles apply to whatever DAW you are using. Good luck on your tutorials.. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFlIZTfWqfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZsD-m4YlOQ
just started to watch the second video, seems exactly what I am looking for!

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
12783 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:39 am

levm38 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:34 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 am
After watching that video I made a sound. I'm not sure it's the one you were expecting though.
can you please post it? which synths do you have?
It was a joke relating to the pretty girl.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

levm38
KVRist
57 posts since 11 Feb, 2019

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:43 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:39 am
levm38 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:34 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 am
After watching that video I made a sound. I'm not sure it's the one you were expecting though.
can you please post it? which synths do you have?
It was a joke relating to the pretty girl.

ahh lol :)

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
1281 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:35 am

levm38 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:34 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 am
After watching that video I made a sound. I'm not sure it's the one you were expecting though.
can you please post it? which synths do you have?
You just need.one synth in your arsenal for this genre. serum.
Image

Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam, Arturia, Komplete 6, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels

levm38
KVRist
57 posts since 11 Feb, 2019

Re: How to describe this sound, and how to make it?

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:37 am

I have Serum

Return to “Sound Design”