What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
15016 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:09 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:02 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:01 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:53 am
Not pissed off per se, just massive facepalming and laughing. I discovered today kidz are headbanging at EDM festivals :dog:

I'm offended on two levels: 1) as an old skool raver*; and 2) as a metalhead.

:x

* I hate that word but it's universally understood
I don’t see why not. It wouldn’t make much sense at a folk festival? but anything with a really ‘driving’ beat normally elicits similar kinds of movement.

Let the kids mosh, grandpa :bang: :bang:
:D
It's dance music, not mosh music.

But I guess that perhaps I am being a bit closed minded. If thats how they wish to dance then so be it. I should reiterate I'm not talking about a casual head nod, but full-on, early 90s windmills.
Yeah! I think you’re being closed-minded, but the image you left with the last sentence more than makes up for it :hihi:

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27690 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Re: What has pissed you off today?

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Not pissed off per se, just massive facepalming and laughing. I discovered today kidz are headbanging at EDM festivals :dog:

personally, I think that's fine. took me a while to get over goths twirling glowsticks, but now I can cope with anything....

(Reminds me; there's a very well-known club in Glasgow called the Cathouse; about 20 years ago one of the funnier highlights of the Friday/Saturday 'rock' nights was the small crew of about six who regularly did a perfectly synchronised linedancing routine to various industrial and metal classics. )
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
12783 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:32 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:

personally, I think that's fine. took me a while to get over goths twirling glowsticks, but now I can cope with anything....

(Reminds me; there's a very well-known club in Glasgow called the Cathouse; about 20 years ago one of the funnier highlights of the Friday/Saturday 'rock' nights was the small crew of about six who regularly did a perfectly synchronised linedancing routine to various industrial and metal classics. )
Goths and glowsticks: Yes, that goes against everything goths stood for. Times move on though I guess.

In hindsight I was being a hypocrite because dance festivals are all about celebrating counterculture and that is all about being who you are.

Re the metal linedancing, I think that would be hilarious. Something that shouldn't work but likely does.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Forgotten
KVRAF
5331 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:00 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 am
For about a year I DJ-ed the alternative nights in a club in Portsmouth, and we used to try to find some really cringeworthy music to play when the lights went on so that it would drive people out, but once in a while we accidentally hit on something that people would wreck/slam/mosh to.

Eventually some of that music would become regular requests, and it wasn’t unusual to have Glen Miller’s ‘In the Mood’ sandwiched between King Kurt and Sham 69...

vurt
addled muppet weed
53589 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:07 am

633 squadron was the manc ritz outro music for student mondays.
would result in everyone running around, arms outstretched doing bomb runs :)

Forgotten
KVRAF

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:25 am

We did the same but with the ‘Dambusters’ theme, and with pretty much the same results. :hihi:

vurt
addled muppet weed
53589 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:28 am

it became slightly more dangerous when the police came up with the idea of "giving out free lollipops at the end of the night in clubs, to cut down on fights".

mztk
KVRAF
3005 posts since 13 Jun, 2004

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:22 am

Last edited by mztk on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
12253 posts since 21 Jun, 2008

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Split skin on my fingertips. Head cold. Rain.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
12783 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:12 am

Holiday cancelled with 12 hours to go due to a sick doggie :(
Doggie is ok so that's the main thing.

On the other hand I now have several hundred dollars I can spend on the studio :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Forgotten
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 am

Played guitar for hours at a time a couple of days in a row after not playing much at all this year. Now have blisters on 2 fingertips.

Hink
Rad Grandad
29579 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:23 am

Forgotten wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 am
Played guitar for hours at a time a couple of days in a row after not playing much at all this year. Now have blisters on 2 fingertips.
and?
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Forgotten
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:25 am

Hink wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:23 am
Forgotten wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 am
and?
Yeah, you’re right, I’m being a wuss... :hihi:

Bombadil
KVRAF
4373 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:53 am

Ya think?
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

Hink
Rad Grandad
29579 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:37 am

happens to me, I went a few months without turning on my studio or playing at all late spring and much of summer. (and I didn't even start a thread panicking that it was all over). It's just a way of life...here's a life hack for you though, you know how a while back some really big pieces of skin (thick and tough) came off you finger tips...SAVE THEM...put them in mason jars and pickle them or grate them. Pickle them with sardines and mushrooms, they go good on turnips, if you grate them they are really good on a salad or pasta :tu:
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Return to “Off Topic”