Behringer Crave

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 am I’m still confused as to why we need to compare. If you like the Uno, get the Uno :shrug:

I’ll live happily ever after with my Crave and you do the same with the Uno. It’s really not that difficult.

Reported! :x

AnX wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 am I’m still confused as to why we need to compare. If you like the Uno, get the Uno :shrug:

I’ll live happily ever after with my Crave and you do the same with the Uno. It’s really not that difficult.

Reported! :x
:lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I still can't believe the price tag of the Crave. Makes some virtual instruments seem monstrous expensive. :) Some other companies would sell a controller with those knobs alone for 200.

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:31 am Makes some virtual instruments seem monstrous expensive. :) Some other companies would sell a controller with those knobs alone for 200.
This! :tu:

try buying one Crave, loading 25 instances and having total recall, all for the price of one

AnX wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:35 am try buying one Crave, loading 25 instances and having total recall, all for the price of one
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 am Bones once again doing what he does best, thinking his world is the only world.

Crave in Oz: $949 vs $80,000 = 1.2%

In UK: £150 vs £35,000 = 0.4%

In Europe: €150 vs €22,000 = 0.7%

Uno in UK: £154 vs £35,000 = 0.4%

Uno in Europe: €175 vs €22,000 = 0.8%
:lol:

Yeah...

Happy we're not clones of old bones.
Hearing him rattling along the winding path of uno life
I crave for diversions.
;)

AnX wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:35 am try buying one Crave, loading 25 instances and having total recall, all for the price of one
True. I just think that, for such a hardware, it's a bargain.

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:05 am
True. I just think that, for such a hardware, it's a bargain.
yeah, i was just jumping in before BONES :hihi:

tbh, it's not for me, but i can see its appeal. For that price you can easily chain 2 or 3 together for tweaking goodness

It is a useful conversation if it helps to clarify the purpose for buying something. There can be a knee jerk reaction when you see something like the Crave at such a good price. The price alone made me look twice I readily admit to that. Then, I have to think "how will I integrate this into the studio?"

I am more of studio nerd than a live performer. I write songs using conventional song structure. To get any use out of a synth that needs to be patched or has strictly analog control I have to be able recall the sounds. This is why I got a Digitakt so I can sample on the fly and incorporate those moments into song writing well after I spend time in the sonic playground. Sampling itself allows me to further manipulate the sounds as well so I can take those bleeps, bloops and sequenced phrases a little further.

The Digitakt helps make the latter more "productive" so that the moments with tweaky gear can be recalled and reused and applied more flexibly. I don't want to be in tweak and experiment mode typically when I am tracking a song.

I think the question that Bones asks, although unnecessarily confrontational, is a good one. Why the hell do I need this?

Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:00 am I think the question that Bones asks, although unnecessarily confrontational, is a good one. Why the hell do I need this?
If you need to ask on a public forum you don't.

I've been looking for something to pair with my lonely Mother-32. I thought of buying another Moog, but for the same price I can buy 4 Craves. I won't be greedy though, 2 will be enough :D

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 am I’m still confused as to why we need to compare.
Because some people only have a little one, and they feel the need to be dismissive of people with bigger ones to compensate...

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:04 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 am I’m still confused as to why we need to compare.
Because some people only have a little one, and they feel the need to be dismissive of people with bigger ones to compensate...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To each his own. I enjoy the banter for the most part and it can help clarify my own thoughts, force a reconsideration or expose different options or drawbacks I hadn't considered. Bone's perspective is interesting to me because he does a lot of live playing and performance. Living in my man cave doesn't shed light on the live performance aspects of things. Sometimes these comparison threads highlight other synths or approaches that I hadn't really considered. I keep seeing the Waldorf stuff getting mentioned for example and don't own anything of theirs except for Largo VST. Any way I have said my two bits and I am glad the thread is back on track.

[quote="Mushy Mushy" post_id=7544784 time=1571051100
If you need to ask on a public forum you don't.
[/quote]

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”