UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Musicisbest wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:05 pm The unison modulator is a sweet feature...
..which not works :D (joke) More rightly - not exactly clear, how works. With something yes, with something no.

Whywhy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 pm About the Unison voices modulator, it seams to be link with the oscillator phase :
Ini a new layer, load an Analog stack osc, make it free phase running via the list Tree, add a unison bi polar modulator to the key group pan or to the osc pan : it works.
( only if the phase is free running)
If you want to have a kind of unison distribution controls, you can use the modulation mapper, set the size = to your unison voices count. Clearly powerful:)
That makes sense if you apply layer unison to one kind of oscillator, but when you use different kind of oscillators unison pan spread should work without messing with the phases.

Dear Falcon team, thanks for this great update, free for your customers. I have some suggestions for consideration for you:

- Provide a demo of Falcon. Again a colleague asked for that, I think he won't buy it now, because he cannot test it. This is not the first time.

- Could you allow the fx to be routed to a separate output, or maybe even per fx?

- You know this, but there is NO UNDO :)

- Improve workflow for copying settings from one sound to another, for instance using a XML text copy-paste buffer which works cross-instance. Improve saving of parts of complex setups, not only on atomar level.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:03 pm
Whywhy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 pm About the Unison voices modulator, it seams to be link with the oscillator phase :
Ini a new layer, load an Analog stack osc, make it free phase running via the list Tree, add a unison bi polar modulator to the key group pan or to the osc pan : it works.
If you want to have a kind of unison distribution controls, you can use the modulation mapper, set the size = to your unison voices count. Clearly powerful:)
That makes sense if you apply layer unison to one kind of oscillator, but when you use different kind of oscillators unison pan spread should work without messing with the phases.
So e.g. with the FM oscillator one has to modulate the phases of a carrier with the unison/unipolar unison/random/unipolar random modulator in order for unison pan spread to have an effect, so it's always related to phases (when not using detune, then it always works of course).

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:03 pm
100 % agree with you!
Best
YY

Aux, the most under utilized. Not a factory nor a third.

Anybody have a workaround for triggering the stop in the tape echo from within the program? (Short of manually clicking the button)

Regarding the pan unisson stuff. Will check tomorrow the thread more precisely but right out of my head.
In case of stereo or mono scillator if there is no random phase and no detune, you have two oscillator running in perfect sync (Perfect digital copy) hence there is no stereo effect even if you pan one left and the other right.
There are no pitch drift or free running oscillator that would give a stereo effect.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Beware of mono oscillator as well where pan wouldn’t work
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Dillinger wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm Anybody have a workaround for triggering the stop in the tape echo from within the program? (Short of manually clicking the button)
MIDI CC automation is not working ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

SLiC wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:16 am
bmanic wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:30 am First of all, thanks for the free update.

.. but damn is the workflow still painful. OMG is it painful. :dog:
Definitely a steep learning curve...one of the only synths I have ever owned where I needed to read the manual just to get a sound out of a blank patch!

Once you get the basic workflow and (and to me this was key) name a load of template blank patches to your taste it’s pretty fast...I prefer it to Halion and Kontact anyway....
:dog:

I am NOT finding the overall synth difficult to understand at all. Why on earth do people constantly use the excuse of "it's difficult/complex to learn!" with bad UI design? These two things are not at all the same.

I have zero problems understanding Falcon. It is NOT a difficult piece of software at all. The core concepts of how it works is super simple.

Falcon requires quite a few extra clicks to either get the information you need (for instance my macro knob example earlier) or to have it do what you need it to do.
Last edited by bmanic on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

c_voltage wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:13 pmAnd in simple Analog osc there is no "free running" checkbox).
Simple solution for this is adding random unipolar modulator to Start Phase parameter.

otristan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:14 pm
Dillinger wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 pm Anybody have a workaround for triggering the stop in the tape echo from within the program? (Short of manually clicking the button)
MIDI CC automation is not working ?
Hi Oliver,
Great work on Falcon 2!

Yes, midi CC automation is working like a charm.

I think my description failed me, I am looking for a way to modulate the stop using an internal modulator, the multi step for example or a square lfo

As an example, I am trying to achieve this scenario:

Sound 1 has tape echo effect, stop is triggered after X seconds, Sound 2 fades in as Sound 1 fades out. All can be set up to be sequentially achieved accept the stop after X time. As far as I can tell, it needs externally triggered (midi cc or manual click).

I’m sure I’ve never seen any program accomplish this and the reader may be thinking “overreach”, but those are just 2 reasons I adore Falcon.

bmanic wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:54 pm .........

I am NOT finding the overall synth difficult to understand at all. Why on earth do people constantly use the excuse of "it's difficult/complex to learn!" with bad UI design? These two things are not at all the same.

I have zero problems understanding Falcon. It is NOT a difficult piece of software at all. The core concepts of how it works is super simple.
yes but b, that you don't find it difficult just means that, you don't find it difficult, doesn't mean those are other ppl's experiences.

I personally have never used Falcon so can't comment either way, but certainly I am old enough and around software enough to know that some UI/UX gel with some people and dont' gel with others at all and vice versa.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”