DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

dot.solenoid wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:23 pm Hello Moss,

Using driven by moss 7.31. VST like R4 reverb, elysia filter, mcompressor use on/off switches. If I assign them on the push 2 knobs they are very unresponsive: I need to rotate @ highspeed or turn the knob multiple times to switch on/off. Would it be an idea to adjust (lower) the required movement if the visual feedback is "on" or "off"?
Sadly, there is no information available how many steps a parameter has. Therefore, this cannot be improved.

Version 7.32 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Added a help page for the extension. Help button appears now with each instance.
  • MCU
    • New: Added new function key option "Toggle use faders like editing knobs".
Enjoy!

Thanks for Update!
New option for MCU function Keys is very useful in iCon Platform M+ with B+!!
I'm very happy :)
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Hello,

Strange behaviour: Version 7.31 and 7.32 are not able to detect my S49 mkII. On version 7.20 it works fine, so that remains my current driver. I am using S49 MKII firmware 0.5.9, bitwig 3.0.3, Windows 10.

These issues appeared after rearranging and reconnecting my keyboards. Windows detect the s49 mk2, it works fine in komplete kontrol & kontakt, rob papen prisma.

Hello !
Just a word to thank you (so mutch !) for the user mode of the push 2!
your script become more and more fantastic.
For me it's half the reason i support Bitwig .

A request (if i may) . could it be possible to create a third party tools to rename the slots for user mode (MAX one or a txt/config file) so we could have customized labels of each knobs .
Thanks again for this great script and Have a nice day.

dot.solenoid wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:51 am Hello,

Strange behaviour: Version 7.31 and 7.32 are not able to detect my S49 mkII. On version 7.20 it works fine, so that remains my current driver. I am using S49 MKII firmware 0.5.9, bitwig 3.0.3, Windows 10.

These issues appeared after rearranging and reconnecting my keyboards. Windows detect the s49 mk2, it works fine in komplete kontrol & kontakt, rob papen prisma.
If you connect it to a different USB port normally the name changes and gets not detected anymore. But just add it manually. If the DAW ports are missing reboot your computer or restart the NIHIA service.

zengel wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:34 am Hello !
Just a word to thank you (so mutch !) for the user mode of the push 2!
your script become more and more fantastic.
For me it's half the reason i support Bitwig .

A request (if i may) . could it be possible to create a third party tools to rename the slots for user mode (MAX one or a txt/config file) so we could have customized labels of each knobs .
Thanks again for this great script and Have a nice day.
AFAIK it is not possible. You should send a wish to Bitwig.

Hi Moss,

Using the new parameter control function on my Komplete S49 MkII I find that the rotary knob speed is set too fast and coarse. I often jump values too fast when turning. Especially in comparison to using the Push 2 script you can see it's a tad too fast; I think the Push2 with your script has the perfect rotary speed. Using the finetune 'Shift' button on the MkII actually enables the right speed - and the same as the Push 2 encoders.

Is there any way you are willing to change the default rotary speed set to the MkII Finetune speed and then have the finetune speed set too something even finer/slower?

This would be great.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Raffi wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 pm Hi Moss,

Using the new parameter control function on my Komplete S49 MkII I find that the rotary knob speed is set too fast and coarse. I often jump values too fast when turning. Especially in comparison to using the Push 2 script you can see it's a tad too fast; I think the Push2 with your script has the perfect rotary speed. Using the finetune 'Shift' button on the MkII actually enables the right speed - and the same as the Push 2 encoders.

Is there any way you are willing to change the default rotary speed set to the MkII Finetune speed and then have the finetune speed set too something even finer/slower?

This would be great.

Speed settings will be in the next update!

moss wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:04 pm
Raffi wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:03 pm Hi Moss,

This would be great.

Speed settings will be in the next update!
Wow, even better!

Thanks so much, Moss. Your work is truly appreciated, literally everyday I turn on my controllers (which would have otherwise have been useless in Bitwig).

Hi Moss. Just testing Launchpad pro script with Bitwig. I don't have room for maschine while travelling so I'm working on the launch pad. My immediate thought was to recreate an MPC style beat repeat using a pad with aftertouch/pressure triggering an arp device in bw, aftertouch/pressure modulating the velocity param on the arp device and the arp device triggering a drum cell on drum machine in bw. You can record the actual arp note triggers by routing midi from one channel to another and triggering the drum cells with the secondary channel. All is working well, only thing is the drum machine sequencing mode on the controller script doesn't send after touch/pressure. Only two of the regular keyboard modes send aftertouch/pressure. Its workable to give me this effect for now, but obviously it would be much neater and user friendly and would require less steps if drum machine step sequencer mode pads sent aftertouch/pressure. Is this a bug or has it not been implemented yet? When do you think you can fix this? I'm on the second from latest bitwig I think or maybe even the latest. Thanks!

richielg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:12 pm Hi Moss. Just testing Launchpad pro script with Bitwig. I don't have room for maschine while travelling so I'm working on the launch pad. My immediate thought was to recreate an MPC style beat repeat using a pad with aftertouch/pressure triggering an arp device in bw, aftertouch/pressure modulating the velocity param on the arp device and the arp device triggering a drum cell on drum machine in bw. You can record the actual arp note triggers by routing midi from one channel to another and triggering the drum cells with the secondary channel. All is working well, only thing is the drum machine sequencing mode on the controller script doesn't send after touch/pressure. Only two of the regular keyboard modes send aftertouch/pressure. Its workable to give me this effect for now, but obviously it would be much neater and user friendly and would require less steps if drum machine step sequencer mode pads sent aftertouch/pressure. Is this a bug or has it not been implemented yet? When do you think you can fix this? I'm on the second from latest bitwig I think or maybe even the latest. Thanks!
It is not implemented since I did not see a use-case for that. But obviously you found one :-)

Yes my friend I thoroughly recommend doing an MPC/ maschine style beat repeat with launch pad and bitwig using arp. I love doing it. To be honest I think most of the time when i sequence drums now all I do is either play the pads live or play them in conjunction with a beat repeat. I do that way more than step sequencing these days. I use your raindrop sequencer literally all the time man. This thing is like a psychedelic synth riff generator. At least this is what it always spits out for me,

Dear Moss,
I'm using your extension (DrivenByMoss-7.32) for Mikro MK3 (firmware 0.4.8) in Bitwig 3.0.3 - many thanks for your great work!
Unfortunately, I ran into some issues. Some of the functions you showed in your video are not working. E.g. when I press Select -> number, Bitwig reports that Mk3 crashed (Index: 36, Size 16). Same when I press Plug-In -> Variation -> number (Mk3 crashed with Index: 37, Size 16). And the worst thing is that the pads are not playing (no signal in Bitwig), whereas some other functions are working. For some reason, the pads worked once, but I have no idea why.
I restarted Mk3 / Computer / Bitwig etc. but nothing helps. Do you have an idea, what I can try to fix it? Mk3 works fine with Maschine 2 software (and with your Flexi script in Bitwig and when I test the pads in the midi mode in the Controller Editor).
Many Thanks!
Last edited by reinhardk on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:50 am
richielg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:12 pm Hi Moss. Just testing Launchpad pro script with Bitwig. I don't have room for maschine while travelling so I'm working on the launch pad. My immediate thought was to recreate an MPC style beat repeat using a pad with aftertouch/pressure triggering an arp device in bw, aftertouch/pressure modulating the velocity param on the arp device and the arp device triggering a drum cell on drum machine in bw. You can record the actual arp note triggers by routing midi from one channel to another and triggering the drum cells with the secondary channel. All is working well, only thing is the drum machine sequencing mode on the controller script doesn't send after touch/pressure. Only two of the regular keyboard modes send aftertouch/pressure. Its workable to give me this effect for now, but obviously it would be much neater and user friendly and would require less steps if drum machine step sequencer mode pads sent aftertouch/pressure. Is this a bug or has it not been implemented yet? When do you think you can fix this? I'm on the second from latest bitwig I think or maybe even the latest. Thanks!
It is not implemented since I did not see a use-case for that. But obviously you found one :-)
Does the Push 2 script have the note repeat function? I think in Ableton Live pressure controls teh velocity of the hits in note repeat mode. Does it not do this in Bitwig?

Return to “Controller Scripting”