UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

considering grabbing this on sale. I do kind of have GAS to be fair. I already have Avenger, Synthmaster, Hive, Reaktor, VeeEssTee, Cherry Modular, Massive, etc. Only things I really want still are Omnisphere and Diva.

But this looks like a beast. Looks like it can do Serum style complex sound as well as pretty much anything you want. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Only question is what people think of the sound quality versus Diva.

Falcon doesn't have deeply analog modelled filters like Diva has. They sound good, but are not at Diva's level for sure. But Falcon is a lot more than the filters, it goes to many places Diva just doesn't. But all in all it's not an apples to apples comparison at all.

the extra 100 voucher really makes this purchase hard to resist. I'm getting close to "f**k it" status and just doing it

mxbf wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:33 pm the extra 100 voucher really makes this purchase hard to resist. I'm getting close to "f**k it" status and just doing it
Do you need an extra push? :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

yeah I need a bit more convincing.

it would be nice to be able to demo it. i saw i could pay 30 bucks to get a protools sub for a month to demo it but idk
Last edited by mxbf on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What do I have to enter in the search box to find the "... 2.0" sound presets? Entering "2.0" doesn't work for some reason?

Thanks and Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Browsing and searching for things in Falcon is one of the things UVI should focus more in the coming updates, I think. IMHO it's woefully inadequate.

installing now, hoo boy

mxbf wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:07 pm installing now, hoo boy
You'll soon enter Godzilla's realm. All your previous activities of the weekend are now screwed.

sircuit wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:00 pm Here's a (fun) fact: I use u-he Diva in almost all my projects, several instances. With Diva's multicore enabled I get project clicks and pops (CPU overload), Ableton Live (i9-9900-K, 8 cores, overclock 5.1 GHz, hyperthreading disabled). With Diva's multicore disabled (all instances, of course). I get the project to run comfortably under 100% project load and no clicks and pops.
Yes, this is exactly what i wrote about viewtopic.php?p=7532801#p7532801
I'm not have Diva, but the same problem behavior during enabled multithreading feature i observed for example in 2CA Kaleidoscope, so, been forced to switch it off, and all start to works smooth.
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:07 am
c_voltage wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:54 pm
josh11778 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 pm I love the sound of falcon, but that user interface is horrifically bad. Oh my god. I can figure out every other "big" vst synth, but falcon kills me every time. It takes me forever and a day just to figure out how to add a soundsource to a blank patch. It sounds great but good god it is frustrating to work with. It takes so long, like reading alien heiroglyphics every time I try to make a patch with it.
I would say, it's just homogeneous visually, which may cause some discouragement (despondency), and main style of elements is "too ordinary". Maybe the presence of some styling would help (like hardware look etc). But in terms of managing all this, it seems to me that everything is conveniently (standard) thought out, as a can say time-tested ideology. Without special exoticism which could cause bewilderment. "Alien heiroglyphics" it's closer to creating patches in MaxMsp\Bidule.
I agree. They’re not doing themselves any favors by making everything look nearly identical. That said, this isn’t a synth that you learn in the sense that most synths are learned. It’s more a matter of learning their design philosophy. It’s a lot like Melda plugins, in that respect. I had trouble at first, but after watching all the UVI tutorials, I got it and now I find it pretty easy to get around. It’s pretty logically laid out.
Yes, i forgot to add - take for example Halion (almost wrote Halcon heh), it's have a less intuitive workflow than Falcon imo, more unmanifest moments, and in general, creating a patch from scratch will take longer (or can say - the threshold of entry is higher a bit). However, users do not complain.

10 seconds playing with this and I already know I made the right choice. sounds like a f**king beast.

this thing is a sound designer's dream come true. if it didn't sound as powerful and high quality as it did, it wouldn't be. but it does. that said I'm kind of confused about how it works.

Let me direct you to a series of videos by Dan Worrall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pw5mMF ... fw&index=3

As request :hyper: : would be good add stereo spread to Additive's unison section as well (like in Wavetable). No ?
Yes i understand that it can be reached via various external ways, but nonetheless. Especially if consider this device as pads\atmospheres oriented.

Yeah Dan Worrall's videos are fantastic to get started. Best way to get used to the UI and its workflow.

Return to “Instruments”