2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The more gear one gets, the more gear one requires.
I ordered a MIDI interface (Miditech MIDIface 8x8 - I could get a discontinued MOTU at a discount, but being a PC user I didn't dare to. The Miditech doesn't require drivers, so I'm hoping things will work fine).

Also ordered cheap MIDI cables in different colours. I think it's smart of Thomann to cover the basics so well. Some articles keep me coming back.

Looking forward to turn my synths all loopy using my HY soft sequencers :party:

cptgone wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:00 pm The more gear one gets, the more gear one requires.

Looking forward to turn my synths all loopy using my HY soft sequencers :party:
Yes... I got a doepfer a-182-1 switched multiple,a-185-2 precision adder and a-156 dual quantizer....
now I realise I need more switches... another adder and quantizer...
then, darn it, more things to send to these units... :pfffff

BTW... Do you already own the HY sequencers?

I think i should get a Behringer MS 101 and pick up an old Boss DR550....take me back to the glory days when I used to churn out 4 or 5 songs in a day on the Tascam Portastudio.

toonertik wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:19 pm BTW... Do you already own the HY sequencers?
Yes, I like 'em very much.

After waiting for 2 months, my Roland SE-02 monosynth arrived. Amazingly compact little synth.
I don't yet have a cable to connect it though. I ordered a USB cable from Thomann (again, I love how competitively priced such items are at Thomann, smart move if you ask me), I'm hoping that will suffice, and I won't have to use the stereo mini jack out.

I use the USB to control it with MIDI from my laptop, a MIDI cable to control it from my Arturia KeyStep, and a 1/8” stereo to 1/4” splitter to take audio into a mixer.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:43 pm I use the USB to control it with MIDI from my laptop, a MIDI cable to control it from my Arturia KeyStep, and a 1/8” stereo to 1/4” splitter to take audio into a mixer.
According to Roland, USB "will allow you to transfer both MIDI and Audio data between the SE-02 and your computer".
https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... a-Computer
Keeping my fingers crossed ;)

cptgone wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:00 pm I could get a discontinued MOTU at a discount, but being a PC user I didn't dare to. The Miditech doesn't require drivers, so I'm hoping things will work fine).
MOTU are usually really good with older drivers, but alas compliant is better IMO, especially if you're not getting some overtly complex beast like the MTP/AV.

cptgone wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:36 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:43 pm I use the USB to control it with MIDI from my laptop, a MIDI cable to control it from my Arturia KeyStep, and a 1/8” stereo to 1/4” splitter to take audio into a mixer.
According to Roland, USB "will allow you to transfer both MIDI and Audio data between the SE-02 and your computer".
https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... a-Computer
Keeping my fingers crossed ;)
It should. I’m pretty sure I have recorded the audio out via USB.

In 2019 i got this.
Pash01.JPG
Pash02.JPG
Pashkuli Manual_diagram and text.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pretty. Imagine playing The Black Keys on that.

Spent a day at thomann recently and figured, since I'm there, I might as well check out if the hype around the Chapman guitars is nothing more than hype.

Nope. They are fantastic guitars, and I ended up (after talking to wifey for budgetary reasons :P ) ordering a Chapman ML3 Standard V2 Modern, which should hopefully arrive soon.
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

o.O! Are these alien eggs?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Just bought a Waldorf Pulse 2 on eBay. This was not even remotely under consideration, but the price seemed good and I am "slightly" drunk.

And to help understand "slightly", I am 1/2 Scottish, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Geordie...and grew up 1/2 an hour out of Glasgow before heading to Australia to get lessons in self control... :drunk:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”