Ableton is everywhere...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you guys noticed that Ableton is everywhere right now? You see output have ads with ableton in it (while back), steven slate doing a demo with ana 2, Izotope demo using live in it, reason has it in the background on reasonstudios web page. Then you see digital performer add a session view influenced by ableton. Think Ableton have a big influence right now?

Well they had the foresight to see the growth of iOS music making and they made Ableton Link a standard and export to Live format is implemented in some apps.

Not sure they’re going anywhere soon based on their current strategies.

DAWs became popular and then lose popularity all the time. They have strong competition from newcomer Bitwig Studio. Ableton has the type of millennial user base that will switch to whatever is en vogue amongst their friends. The most stable DAW over the years have been Cubase and Logic.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The easiest and most idiot-proof DAW. It is born to be popular.

I have noticed that since a decade, yes. Considered that YouTube is everywhere.

beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am Think Ableton have a big influence right now?
Maybe. I wished people wouldn't think in such categories though, then influencer marketing would have no chance either. In the end, it only matters what the users finds the easiest to use, not what artist XY uses. Of course, this could be a indicator of what is tailored well to professional use, but, it's by far no measure of what is the best for the consumer

v1o wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 am DAWs became popular and then lose popularity all the time. They have strong competition from newcomer Bitwig Studio. Ableton has the type of millennial user base that will switch to whatever is en vogue amongst their friends. The most stable DAW over the years have been Cubase and Logic.
What evidence do you have to support Ableton is only for millennials or Bitwig is "strong competition" for Ableton? Do you have the sales stats in front of you to show Bitwig is even closely selling as much as Ableton? I'm not a millennial but I use Ableton. Or do you just base all your 'knowledge' on the fact you use Cubase and Logic so it must be the most stable. Personally I tried Cubase and it crashed and crashed and crashed.

beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am Have you guys noticed that Ableton is everywhere right now? You see output have ads with ableton in it (while back), steven slate doing a demo with ana 2, Izotope demo using live in it, reason has it in the background on reasonstudios web page. Then you see digital performer add a session view influenced by ableton. Think Ableton have a big influence right now?
They're just paying for more advertising than the others. I dont understand what you're trying to say.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

it was taking up two seats on the bus, but very politely gave up one for me.

hahha funny i dont have heard about ableton , thanks for the tipp

i use bitwig best daw

Ableton Live has been huge for years. IMO based on what site metrics, third party support and personal experience Live is up there with Pro Tools, Logic and Cubase.
I've used it since 2003, and one thing I think it true for Live is it's in the same category as Reason and FL Studio in that people will own it along with another DAW like Pro Tools, Logic etc. it's a popular secondary DAW. It's become ubiquitous, you probably forgot you own it, and like Vurt pointed out it's known to give up seats for people on busses even though it doesn't want to.

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:42 pm it was taking up two seats on the bus, but very politely gave up one for me.
Bloody OAP's :P
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:53 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:42 pm it was taking up two seats on the bus, but very politely gave up one for me.
Bloody OAP's :P
it would be funny if it wasnt true :cry:
at 45 ffs!
my own mum offered me a seat on a train the other week :o that's how f**ked i look.

thank god ableton recognises my pain.
cubase just looked out of the window pretending it hadn't seen me :cry:

v1o wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 am Ableton has the type of millennial user base that will switch to whatever is en vogue amongst their friends.
Won't that mean switching to avocado toast? Or has it moved onto some other "millennials all be like" BS meme this week?
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”