Pick your PICK!!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What I have learned, since I've now tried these sci-fi picks with a hole in the middle is that they have no bearing or incentive at all to be made of harder material. The more/larger holes in the picks, and that you can feel the skin on the other side:

the more they flex!

Which defeats the purpose in making them in harder or softer material or anything in between. Solid material all the way through makes them less "flip-flopping" around. If you need flex, well then by a soft pick like the green Landstrom Sharkfin pick. If I need flex (I do) I keep those picks around. If I want stiff as h*ll I go for stone picks. I do have tried stone picks with hole in the middle... jeezzz... they flexed like those plastic green sharkfins....totally moot.

not sure i fancy a pierced plectrum :scared:
my perineum was bad enough.

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:23 pm not sure i fancy a pierced plectrum :scared:
my perineum was bad enough.
Not only that, you would have to drop your pants every time you play the guitar...

only do that at actual gigs these days, not something that needs much "rehearsal" :shrug:

Not even to keep your hand in?

Forgotten wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:04 pm Not even to keep your hand in?
i have a muff if it gets cold :)

Sticking your hand in pedals is dangerous

:D :) :D :D

Dunlop Gator for the win!

More Eddie Van Halen pick theory.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -pick.html
Smoking has a lot to answer for. A few years ago, I bumped in to an old workmate, he told me he had suffered a stroke. He was known as an heavy smoker but said it was nothing to do cigarettes.

I know a few people who have suffered strokes and heart attacks in their late forties and early fifties, all of them smoked. Not saying it doesn't happen to non-smokers, but smoking could be a large factor.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Hey man, I don't care. He WAS a heavy smoker (if not now) and it should be left at that. The CONSTANT ciggies in the headstock position should account for that.

Or you could be dis hinged from reality and say "hey, he didn't smoke that much" and be wrong categorically.................

No pick, only fingers.

4 stings is enough for me.

I ordered a Dava pick months ago, to get free shipping on a bargain Vox pedal. The shop didn't include it in their shipment though, last week it finally arrived with a new order.
It's pretty good. Good grip, made of 2 kinds of plastic, with a harder tip.

Usually I use Dunlop picks. I used to use soft nylon ones, recently got a pack of several types and I'm liking the Tortex and Jazz.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:05 am Hey man, I don't care. He WAS a heavy smoker (if not now) and it should be left at that. The CONSTANT ciggies in the headstock position should account for that.

Or you could be dis hinged from reality and say "hey, he didn't smoke that much" and be wrong categorically.................
I think Eddie was easily swayed by all kinds of conspiracy theories though, so no surprise that he would come up with one of his own...

Someone bought me one of those pick punch things so I just punch 'em out of anything to hand. Old credit cards are great for me, bit of flex but stiffer and nicer to hold than the nylon ones. But i'm not nearly good enough to be that fussy about picks... :)

Return to “Guitars”