SynthMaster One v1.4.4 update: Now compatible with Apple M1 + SIMD performance Improvements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hi folks,

The time has come. We're so glad to announce the availability of SynthMaster One v1.3. This version is packed with so many new features and critical bug fixes! (Our competitors would probably have released it as v2.0 and charge an upgrade fee but we wouldn't do that :lol: )

So here are the new features in this major update:

1. New white skin by SatyaTunes: Satya did a great job on this one, the skin is available in various sizes: 80%, 90%, 100%, 120%, 140%, 160%, 180% and 200%
Satyatunes White.jpg

2. 200 New Factory presets: We have 200 new factory presets by 3 awesome musicians/sound designers:
Brian Transeau
Kurt Ader
Luke Neptune

I recently discovered Luke on Instagram, he's very into analog synths. He did lots of 80s/90s sounds for analog synths like Prophet 6, Oberheim 6, DSI Rev2, etc. He was kind enough to sample waveforms&envelopes from his P6 and OB6, which turned into new waveforms/wavetables and envelopes in SM1 :)

Luke recreated many famous synth sounds from:

Africa: 1:59
The Boys of Summer: 3:00
Jump!: 3:26
Da Funk: 4:16
Can you feel it: 6:10
Insomnia: 11:50

3. New Scales: SynthMaster One v1.3 comes with rich scale library, ranging from 5 tone equal tempered to 12 tone alternate-tuning scales
New Scales.jpg

4. Cloud based cross-platform data syncronization: With the new cloud features, users can now synchronize their SynthMaster One related data (presets, waveforms, samples, favourites, MIDI programs) on multiple machines/platforms and share their presets with other SynthMaster One users
Cloud Sync.png

5. New Envelope Types: SynthMaster One comes with 3 new envelope types: Digital, Profat and Oobee. Digital is the default algorithm in SynthMaster, whereas Profat and Oobee are new algorithms modelled after two well-known analog synthesizers
New Envelopes.jpg

6. Improved microtuning: Users can now set the keyboard mapping of the current scale to either "fill octave" or "consecutive". The piano display highlights the notes of the scale. Under settings tab, the scale root note and A4 reference frequency can be adjusted
Keyboard Mapping Fill Octave.jpg
Keyboard Mapping Consecutive.jpg

7. Custom preset attributes/styles: Users can now add custom attributes or styles for the presets they create:
AddAttribute.jpg

8. Editing MIDI Banks and Programs: Users can now edit MIDI Bank/Program assignments by launching the "MIDI Banks and Programs" dialog
MIDI Banks and Programs.jpg

9. Filtering Presets by Last Modified Date: Users can now filter presets by their last modification date. 4 filters are provided: 1. Show All, 2. Last 24 hours, 3. Last 7 days, 4. Last 30 days.
Filter by Date.jpg

There are also critical bug fixes in this update:

1. When a noise type is selected for the sub oscillator, it might crash SynthMaster One after closing/reopening the plugin window.
2. Locking synth sections doesn't work correctly.
3. Some factory presets display "Missing Waveforms" dialog.
4. When a mono preset plays initially, SynthMaster doesn't initialize variables causing crashes.
5. When modulations are cleared/removed for a knob/slider control, the control still displays modulation ring around it.
6. When a section is copied and pasted, modulation matrix entries are reset incorrectly.
7. On Windows, UI drawing takes too much CPU cycles resulting in poor performance.

Registered users can download the v1.3 update from the user area

To try out the demo version, you can visit our SynthMaster One page.

Enjoy folks!

Bulent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kv331 on Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:30 am, edited 9 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Crashed Ableton on iMac instantly, said something about wrong metadata before closing?

Rickskii wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:09 pm Crashed Ableton on iMac instantly, said something about wrong metadata before closing?
Version mismatch between data files and plugin. to fix this:

1. On Windows: please delete

the plugin dll: snythmasterone.dll (under c:\program files\vstplugins probably ?)
data folder: c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster one

and reinstall.

2. On MacOSX: please delete

the plugin binaries synthmaster1.vst, synthmaster1.component, etc. under: /library/audio/plug-ins/components, /library/audio/plug-ins/vst
data folder: /library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster one

and reinstall.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:13 pm
Rickskii wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:09 pm Crashed Ableton on iMac instantly, said something about wrong metadata before closing?
Version mismatch between data files and plugin. to fix this:

1. On Windows: please delete

the plugin dll: snythmasterone.dll (under c:\program files\vstplugins probably ?)
data folder: c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster one

and reinstall.

2. On MacOSX: please delete

the plugin binaries synthmaster1.vst, synthmaster1.component, etc. under: /library/audio/plug-ins/components, /library/audio/plug-ins/vst
data folder: /library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster one

and reinstall.
All working now cheers!

Lovely update :tu:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I do sure hope you have internal beta testers. Most other developers I know put out a stable RC before turning it GM.
Anyway here I go.

rsp
sound sculptist

Firstly (well secondly really)
Thanks for this.
SMOne is really maturing.

One note of Arp Running KApro is killing my pc.....

As is a few notes of either:
Bel Aethera Bell KApro
and
Bel Deep Blue Bells KApro
and
Bel FM Bell KApro
and
Lead Triangle Lead KApro

Pad Cinematic Saw KApro
Pad Cinematic Sine KApro
Pad Shimmer Pad KApro

My guess is the release is either too long on them or there is something wrong with long release patches?

This is a machine that plays 8 Diva's at great accuracy.

anyone else?
Windows 10, Nuendo 10.2

Whilst I have artistic difference with Luke's patches (inconsistent volume, many if not most do not respond to velocity or modwheel etc), I found none of his patches with the cpu issues.

Nor did I find cpu issues with BT's bank of which is by far my favourite of the new banks and wish they were more patches of.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Tested on my mac.
the good news it the problem patches on pc, do not give quite as much cpu trouble on my mac running Cubase 10 (10.14.6) very odd since the PC is in general much more powerful.

However what is exceedingly annoying is that Satya's white skin still has the same centering font issues that I reported in RC1, RC2 and Beta probably the alpha version too.
And yes I removed all my resources and tried again.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

There is I believe a new Instrument Category tagging.
On Pc it appears fine but on mac, maybe four of them are doubled, Bass, Bowed Strings, Synth Misc and Synth Pad.

Anyway to get rid of it on the mac? I have deleted everything I can think of deleting.

rsp
sound sculptist

I think there must be an issue with this release on PC.
Rob Lee made a third party bank for SMONE a few years ago,
EDM Tools Expansion 1. (I had bought the bank many years ago, apparently it is free now here. https://vstbuzz.com/freebies/edm-tools- ... aster-one/)

I just tried a few of the patches which I have played countless times before without issue,
now patch 2 and 3
Arp cutting out MW RL
and
Arp Modulated RL

both have the same cpu/asio overload playing one note in Nuendo on PC.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks so much for the free update! I'm happy to say
that it's working well in my linux setup, as earlier versions did.
Turning on the midi-out, and browsing external synth sounds is great fun,
and seems glitch free when switching sounds on the destination synth,
as well as when switching among the SM One selections.
Hope you get a chance to produce a hardware synth and/or rack unit,
designed including the same features and sound capabilities,
along with whatever else you dream up, on top.
(I love my IK UNO synth, but it's ready to jam with new competition :hyper:
Looking forward to exploring the 200 new sounds 8) )
Cheers

Thank you for this lovely update!

Looks and sounds great! I've had a couple of crashes in ableton live so far, whilst swapping around skins. I'll keep testing to see if it's consistent.

zoidkirb wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:22 am Looks and sounds great! I've had a couple of crashes in ableton live so far, whilst swapping around skins. I'll keep testing to see if it's consistent.
If that's MacOS, were you able to send us the crash report? I'll analyze those.
Works at KV331 Audio

zvenx wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:42 pm There is I believe a new Instrument Category tagging.
On Pc it appears fine but on mac, maybe four of them are doubled, Bass, Bowed Strings, Synth Misc and Synth Pad.
Just fixed this, and a couple of other ones. I'm sorry for the overlook, managing multiple platforms with multiple skins and 1000+ presets is not easy with a small team. Update on the way.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”