67%
I don't care...
24%
I don't even see the difference :)
3%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks, so a certain user told me that the frequency axis we are using is wrong, and it needs to be fixed :D, yeah, classic :D. Anyways I thought I'd try to give it a chance, since every other plugin uses that. But they do, because it is so simple to design, not that it would be very good, and now looking at it I cannot say I like it. So please tell me which one do you think is better.

Basically the only difference is in the "small" lines, which are 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,200,300,400,500...Hz in most plugins, but I designed the axis differently (top screenshot, original version), because this creepy scale most plugins use make it cover by lines and other places are empty making the whole thing sort of focused on places "full of lines", so not exactly friendly to me.

So what do you think? It's a microdifference, but still...
MAutoDynamicEq00.png
MAutoDynamicEq01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I suppose a system-wide Setting (or Analyzer Setting) is out of the question? ;)

Below, I put them next to one another and tinted the gaps to make the comparison easier.

I don't mind; especially as hovering over a line pops up the frequency and Zooming in gives more axis numbers.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

It's too tiny difference for a setting really.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

It's only minor, I don't think I would notice the difference most of the time. But I voted for the new version as I prefer the logic. It counts in tens then hundreds and then thousands, I like things that follow a rule or pattern like this. So I think it makes more sense, to me.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

However, there should not be any lines between 10k and 20k. As after the 10k, it should start counting in blocks of 10,000.
Up to 100, is counted in increments of 10.
Up to 1,000 is increments of 100.
Up to 10,000 is increments of 1,000.
Therefore up to 100,000 would be increments of 10,000.

I think either is fine but something like this is more standard.
response axis.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hexspa wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:05 pm I think either is fine but something like this is more standard.
response axis.gif
That IS the new version, haha.

jmg8 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:38 pm However, there should not be any lines between 10k and 20k. As after the 10k, it should start counting in blocks of 10,000.
Good point ... and quite correct.

Okey dokey! I think the poll results are obvious ;)
Vojtech

jmg8 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:27 pm
Hexspa wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:05 pm I think either is fine but something like this is more standard.
response axis.gif
That IS the new version, haha.
Well, almost. Like you said, in the image I posted, there aren't always lines between 10-20kHz.

Just goes to show how subtle a change this is, though I appreciate it.

Fewer lines is better to my taste. Especially since I use the little windows that show the exact frequency of a band, the note (with cents flat or sharp) and the boost or attenuation of the band (or position of the cursor).
What I would like is the option to turn the graph lines off completely, now that I think about it!

Maybe a transparency slider or two - one for the thick lines and one for the finer ones.

And a setting to set C4 to middle C - lol as if.

As a (happy) new Melda user, I would say the new one is better, but its subtle.

Completely offtopic, what I miss in the EQ is the ability the always show the bands.
Its collapsed by default but there doesn't seem to be an option to have it the other way around...

If it was possible to never see the peak labels ...

Cheers.

Or just turn off the note names if we can't change their octave designation.

Return to “MeldaProduction”