I'm too perfectionist and spend 6 months - 1 year in avarage to complete songs. Am I alone? Hey,

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

or had any kind of contact whatsoever!

Aloysius wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:50 pm
Frank The Plank wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 pm A departure from their previous releases, John Lydon was advised by trusted music producer Bill Unwell to take on an all-star cast of session and trusted musicians, including Vurt and Gary Glitter.
So Vurt can actually claim to have been in Gary's gang, then?
At parties, it's probably still best to lead with "Did you know that little Stevie Vai recorded with PIL?", though :tu:

:o

this is how rumours get started!
then one day i marry a princess and newspapers find the above quote and all of a sudden...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:So Vurt can actually claim to have been in Gary's gang, then?
You mean in the shitter Glitter Band?

Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:45 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:So Vurt can actually claim to have been in Gary's gang, then?
when the hoo ha about the other feller came out, people where phoning/emailing in about times theyd met him and how shocked they where.
i remember one radio dj apologising for reading out "i wrote to jimll fix it to ask to meet gary glitter..." :hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Forgotten wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:45 pm
when the hoo ha about the other feller came out, people where phoning/emailing in about times theyd met him and how shocked they where.
i remember one radio dj apologising for reading out "i wrote to jimll fix it to ask to meet gary glitter..." :hihi:
When Savile died and before all the stuff about him emerged there was a big hoo-ha about him in Leeds with him being born here. They had a book of condolence in the Queen's Hotel, they had his name on the side of a bus, and the news broke just in time for the council to avert calling the new (at the time) venue, 'The Sir Jimmy Savile Arena'. :o

ouf!

also, a true perfectionist would be able to spell "average" :)

no, ur not alone.

:)

interesting, on topic video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPN_nR53oOA
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

wow! that's luxurious :) If you enjoy taking that kind of time and you love your result, you don't need to change anything. with commission work one typically needs to create something in super short amount of time. Whilst i can completely over-analyze, I also make some styles of music super fast (full track in 2 hours of less for a lofi hip hop beat) - but that would not work for other styles of projects (like an orchestral score!). you do you and dont let anyone make you feel lesser (or more-er) because of it :)

Something to consider:

Boy: I'm a musican. I dedicate all my time to making music, and spend all my money on music gear.
Girl: Wow, show me some of your tunes!
Boy: Err, I never finished a track in my lifetime...

:hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Burn :lol:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 pm Bum :lol:
:o :lol:

Return to “Production Techniques”