Clips not sounding beginning of clip

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is something that started today and it is infuriating.
i looped a wav file on the arrangement view but when i press playback it skips the beginning of the clip ( by which i mean, the play cursor moves across but it is silent). this is the way with midi tracks as well. i've tried messing with the clip launch quantize and looked through preferences but i am stumped... if i pre-roll i will hear the start but when it loops it will start skipping the start of that loop point...
thanks

inkwarp wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:27 am this is something that started today and it is infuriating.
i looped a wav file on the arrangement view but when i press playback it skips the beginning of the clip ( by which i mean, the play cursor moves across but it is silent). this is the way with midi tracks as well. i've tried messing with the clip launch quantize and looked through preferences but i am stumped... if i pre-roll i will hear the start but when it loops it will start skipping the start of that loop point...
thanks
You might want to mention the software you're using.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

ahh.. sorry it's Ableton Live 10..
my bad...

Easily done.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

inkwarp wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:27 am this is something that started today and it is infuriating.
thanks
The times this has happened to me is when a midi note recorded before the beat, not on, or after. So, check that your first note or notes are quantized to start on the beat.

This may not be your situation, but this has happened to me.

Clip Launch options won't affect Clips in Arrangement.

How long it is the silence exactly?

Only thing that comes to my mind is the fades.

Or beginner mistakes like looking at Arrangement while a Clip is playing in Session, or editing one Clip in Arrangement thinking it will change a similar one in Session.

it isn't either of these thingd. it skips for like a few beats at the start.
but today of course, it's stopped happening... my guess is this is a soundcard issue. to my it seems like a latency problem. something to do with not releasing the asio driver in the background ( if i have a browser open at the same time.. who knows : )
just a freak thing maybe...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”