vurt - be careful... (ambient of the slightly dark variety)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Slightly dark? You’ll be changing your tune by Christmas... :hihi:

Will listen later

Forgotten wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:08 pm Slightly dark? You’ll be changing your tune by Christmas... :hihi:
:lol:

Could be part of a sci fi soundtrack where the creature is emerging from some sort of lair or something of the sort. A lot of good tension and release going on with the sounds. Interesting and I think "dark" covers it for sure.

thanks for listening :)
and thanks for the kind comment 8)

Massive low end. Evokes a kind of horrific atmosphere. Interesting track.

htcnext2 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 am Massive low end. Evokes a kind of horrific atmosphere. Interesting track.
yeah the bottom end may have gotten away from me a little :hihi:
thanks for listening and commenting :)

Makes me think retro (70s/80s) but with a far more modern production sound to it.

I kind of hear some Holger Czukay type production in there like some of the things he did that came out of Can jam sessions.

I've just finished listening to Wagtune's simple, yet memorable and well executed songs....now onto Vurt's strange world of Lovecraftian vibes and general insanity. I am really liking this one.

Sounds to me like you're back to creating sci-fi (as alluded to above) space soundtracks. In this case, I think it's an old, defunct mining station being discovered and scanned by the crew as they fly by in their much smaller spacecraft. From the debris and horrible mutilated bodies here and there, as well as the huge breach in the hull, it's obvious something horrible happened here a long time ago. But it's in no way obvious what it was.

The crew decide to investigate further, because nothing could possibly go wrong, could it...?
Last edited by sjm on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was more thinking of a story like this:

The crew left their ship suited up for the alien terrain they were expecting to encounter. After a short but uneventful journey during which they scanned the atmosphere for its ability to support life, they came to a door.

Opening the door, they scanned the shadowy room beyond, and agreed it was “all clear.” With a breathable atmosphere they decided to remove their helmets. The air was breathable, but contained a dense, sweet smelling smoke. After a minute or so some of the crew complained of feeling light-headed, but the atmosphere seemed strangely relaxed.

A cursory glance around the room revealed a number of shelves, racks of electronic devices, and a large white cabinet from which emanated an alien-sounding hum.

Cautiously opening the white cabinet’s door, an odd, flickering light lit the contents within. Perhaps it was the effects of breathing the strange smoke that caused the crew to allow their guard to drop, but before they realized what they were doing, they found themselves eating a strange fungus contained within the white cabinet.

The room remained eerily quiet, but the crew now complained of difficulty in focusing on things like the objects on the shelves as everything was constantly changing shape and color. A closer inspection of the objects on the shelves revealed that they were in an alien environment where visitors were shrunk to a very small size and given the appearance of being made from bricks of some kind.

Without warning, the door they had entered by closed, and an unknown creature crept through the shadows towards the boxes of electronic devices. They froze in fear as they saw hands rapidly connect alien devices to each other with brightly colored cables. Unable to move, they watched helplessly as a hand moved towards what appeared to be a control that activated the device........

(Cue music)

heehee love the narative descriptions sjm and Forgotten. :)

I really like this piece, the reverb/delay is phenomenal!

To me it's like a latenight tour through some colossal shipping terminal...at sea with lots of fog, and yeah probably on another planet. :lol:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:24 pm heehee love the narative descriptions sjm and Forgotten. :)
I love the way vurt's stuff makes your mind wander and imagine things. It's part of the appeal!

Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:56 pm Makes me think retro (70s/80s) but with a far more modern production sound to it.

I kind of hear some Holger Czukay type production in there like some of the things he did that came out of Can jam sessions.
well, that's the kind of compliment that will make a man blush :oops:
thanks muchness :D

frank1985 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:04 pm I've just finished listening to Wagtune's simple, yet memorable and well executed songs....now onto Vurt's strange world of Lovecraftian vibes and general insanity. I am really liking this one.
and another :oops:

thanks for listening, glad you liked :D

Return to “Music Cafe”