ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

jens wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:38 pm Yes, I can confirm that the HQ mode both with the no-latency and the normal mode doesn't report the correct latency it causes. in no-latency mode it doesn't report any, which is false and otherwise the one it reports is not correct (This is easy to verify with a phase-cancellation test).
It's actually correct. In zero latency mode, and with HQ disabled, the plugin latency is zero samples. With HQ enabled, there is a latency of only 4 samples introduced by anti-aliasing filters. We deliberately do *not* report this because it triggers a much larger delay compensation in some hosts.

If you can handle the 1.5ms of latency, simply leave the 'zero latency mode' disabled. It will give better audio quality anyway.

I see - yes, it's really just 4 samples (actually more like 3.5, it seems) in no-latency mode - but what about the normal mode?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:14 pm I see - yes, it's really just 4 samples (actually more like 3.5, it seems) in no-latency mode - but what about the normal mode?
Are you using the latest and greatest version? There was an update very recently to fix a latency reporting bug.

In normal mode, at 44.1 kHz, latency is 64 (no HQ mode) or 68 (HQ mode) samples. The latency will go up at higher sampling rates.

djeroen wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:46 am
jens wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:14 pm I see - yes, it's really just 4 samples (actually more like 3.5, it seems) in no-latency mode - but what about the normal mode?
Are you using the latest and greatest version? There was an update very recently to fix a latency reporting bug.

In normal mode, at 44.1 kHz, latency is 64 (no HQ mode) or 68 (HQ mode) samples. The latency will go up at higher sampling rates.
It is sorted now :)

Man, I totally missed this until today
Installer 1.3.1 / EQ4 v4.2.0

Fixed a bug in plugin latency reporting to host in certain modes
Spectrum analyzer decoupled from scrolling and zooming for equalization :D :D

Yaaaaaaaas ! Thanks !

The new compression template from the latest installer is pretty righteous. :tu:

Love the new fading analyzer inside tb eq v4

Ok, Eq4 has become my go to project eq and has a great feature set but........
I have come to absolutely despise the little pop up control windows! it seems they are always over the node I am trying to adjust. I often cut all the way to the bottom of the display area but don't recall ever boosting to the top. If I pin them to the top of the screen they do not stay after GUI is closed.

Please Please Please How about an option to have the boxes open at the top of the screen. Or move them out of the node area like Eq3 Or maybe open to the right or left of the selected node. I want to adjust the Eq not the GUI.
Thanks for letting me vent. As you were.
MRT

MRT wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:53 pm I have come to absolutely despise the little pop up control windows! it seems they are always over the node I am trying to adjust.
Can it be pinned to a fixed location?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

It can be pinned out of your way, but if you close the GUI and reopen it it's back to it's initial position. If you grab a node the box appears you can drag the node thru the box as long as you don't release the mouse. If you do you have to move the box to grab the node. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who finds this annoying.

The popup boxes do get annoying, yeah.

I am looking at the Melda MAutoDynamicEQ, which seems very powerful but not my favourite interface. I see the Toneboosters EQ4 has sidechain so can it take something like a bass track as sidechain to duck a pad at the different pitches of the sidechain bassline as they change?

Alternatively - if I fed a chord into the sidechain could the notes of the chord duck or boost those frequencies of the target track eg a pad/drone?

Loving this EQ. I was torn between EQ4 and Fabfilter ProQ3 and preferred EQ4. I now use this a lot in both the studio and on my iPad with Cubasis :tu:

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm I am looking at the Melda MAutoDynamicEQ, which seems very powerful but not my favourite interface. I see the Toneboosters EQ4 has sidechain so can it take something like a bass track as sidechain to duck a pad at the different pitches of the sidechain bassline as they change?

Alternatively - if I fed a chord into the sidechain could the notes of the chord duck or boost those frequencies of the target track eg a pad/drone?
EQ4 does have a side-chain input, but like most dynamic EQs, you can only tell a particular band's gain to respond to the side-chain input's amplitude. As far as I know, the Melda plugin works exactly the same way.

What you're looking for (if I understand correctly), is something like Wavesfactory Trackspacer .

neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:39 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm I am looking at the Melda MAutoDynamicEQ, which seems very powerful but not my favourite interface. I see the Toneboosters EQ4 has sidechain so can it take something like a bass track as sidechain to duck a pad at the different pitches of the sidechain bassline as they change?

EQ4 does have a side-chain input, but like most dynamic EQs, you can only tell a particular band's gain to respond to the side-chain input's amplitude. As far as I know, the Melda plugin works exactly the same way.

What you're looking for (if I understand correctly), is something like Wavesfactory Trackspacer .
thankyou for that help - sonible smartcomp will do that as well I discover now

Return to “Effects”