What’s the oldest VSTi you still use today ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still use Latigo sometimes, Xphraze very rarely. I also remember Tintin and Snowy!

:lol: They are my favourite comics together with Lucky Luke and Asterix. Back in 1978 I bought almost all of their series and spent the 20 years later keep reading them! I lost all of them when I moved to another country though.

Lovely time back then, now I'm old with memories :)

Great comics, sorry you lost the series, I am sure it must be a valuable collector item. I also remember asterix, great colorful characters. I used to read "Mortadelo and Filemon" back then, very funny. Now, like yourself, I'm old with memories :)

Mortadelo and Filemon? Wow! They seem really nice! I'll check them :hihi:

Oh well, thanks to this age of technology we can find them on the internet (somewhere) and enjoy reading them again! As for synths, well, to be honest I feel spoiled with the new ones though! So, I'm not looking to use all the old, but curious sometimes how they hold up.
Some of the old synths have aged well, like Korg synths, but some didn't. I loaded VStation lately and I thought the sound is full of annoying aliasing! This is one problem with most of the old synths! Some strangely I don't mind the aliasing of them but some others it just sounds awfully annoying to my ears!

Cheers EnGee, hope you enjoy M and F !

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 am I remember PlastiCZ and Xphraze! PlastiCZ had a wonderful bass. I don't remember though who developed it! It must be from the very first synths I used.
I had a fondness for PlastiCZ; it was from reFX. I believe the audio engine was programmed by Markus Krause (now Tone2) just as their other classic Vanguard.

Waldorf Attack and Microtonic used every day for synthetic drums for the last 15 years or so..

db3 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:40 am
EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 am I remember PlastiCZ and Xphraze! PlastiCZ had a wonderful bass. I don't remember though who developed it! It must be from the very first synths I used.
I had a fondness for PlastiCZ; it was from reFX. I believe the audio engine was programmed by Markus Krause (now Tone2) just as their other classic Vanguard.
Oh yes! I remember reFX! Oh, so Markus was in reFX? I like his synths. I have Rayblaster and Nemesis. Shame on me! I really need to use them as I really like their character. Rayblaster might be a good replacement for plastiCZ sound because it has a strong character but not harsh.

I believe its the BlueLine plugins from Digilogue, 1998.

(BTW i created the same topic some time ago. If anyone can find it maybe post a link.)

Emagic ES1
Reaktor
Omnisphere 1

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:03 am :lol: They are my favourite comics together with Lucky Luke and Asterix. Back in 1978 I bought almost all of their series and spent the 20 years later keep reading them! I lost all of them when I moved to another country though.

Lovely time back then, now I'm old with memories :)
Ah... Tintin et Milou (et Capitaine Haddock et Professeur Tournesol), Astérix et Obélix (et Idéfix), Lucky Luke et Jolly Jumper (et les Dalton)... and Spirou et Fantasio (et le Marsupilami)... and then Gaston Lagaffe et 'Moiselle Jeanne (et Prunelle et Fantasio et De Mesmaeker et Longtarin...)!

So many good old French and Belgian comics !

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Oldest i still use is Aalto from 2010, the rest is from 2014 - 2018.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Rapture and Z3TA+, huge sounds trapped in tiny graphics.

BONES wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:04 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:15 pmJXSynths JX200
I used to Use JX Synth in everything. If I could get hold of a 64 bit version I would probably still find uses for it.
Yeah its a great little synth
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

GoldieK wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:51 pm Rapture and Z3TA+, huge sounds trapped in tiny graphics.
Yeah, they really are a bit on the petite side.

If it were possible to do more than make new images for them i would have made bigger UIs for them years ago.

(I can still work with them but a lot of the label/readout text is really too tiny.)

Return to “Instruments”