One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (Carl_saved wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And … keep 'em coming ... here's mine.

For this month's challenge I choose the free Triple Cheese. Only DAW and free 3rd party non-modulating FX used otherwise.

Thanks to @liqih for sharing his percussion patches. In the end I rolled my own. The sax sound is but a single instance!

DAW:Reaper

Track Details:

15 * Triple Cheese
23 * JS Soft Clipper/Limiter
5 * Oril River
3 * JS Transient Controller
3 * TDRE Kotelnikov
6 * JS MIDI note filter
3 * LFX-1310 autopanner
20 * ReaEQ

Master:
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
Voxengo MSED
LoudMax 64bit

Metering:
Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (free)
SPAN
TT DR Offline Meter 1.1

Stats:
Integrated LUFS: -13.7
DR: 10

Please enjoy the Sax solo.

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... cheese-uhe

Hi all! I'm new here! Super excited for this challenge! :D

I have a question; is possible to create a drum loop (with the choosen synth, of course), export the audio, and then import back the drum loop in order to experiment with the audio file (cut it, rearrange it, etc)?

@Suzuka - no, this is specifically not allowed. You cannot create or sample to create clips and then manipulate them. The only exception to the rule is that you can freeze(render) a whole complete track to audio, which must not then be further manipulated. (Note WHOLE track!).

The other rule to be careful about is to NOT use external modulating FX, .e.g chorus, flanging, heavy distortion. That is, you should not use external FX which drastically alter the sound from the synth. Of course, it's OK to use these FX if, and only if, they are also part of the synths FX section.

Hope that's clear.

A lot of people would like to say create a one bar kick sound, and then copy and paste that AUDIO on a track to make the kick part of the track. Usually in order to get a consistent kick sound! It's asked a lot, and the answer is always - "No, not allowed".

dB

Ok, no problem :) Thanks a lot for the answer, @doctorbob! :D

Time to make a contribution again.
Babysteps for me. This time i have the rhytm and also a melody with that.
You'll notice i still have the mixing stage left to conquer. Babysteps, babysteps. :scared:

https://soundcloud.com/user-912159791/saffran-tyralleri

Synth - U-he TyrellN6 / 9 instances.
Daw - CbB (CakewalkbyBandlab).
Some volume automation and common levelling. Thats it.

Made some adjustments. This is second and final version.
Last edited by Saffran on Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:32 pm Okay - I get it. If I don't own any of u-he, I could end up compete with zebralette against a 1400,- euro bundle in the worst case. No, sorry. That setup sounds to awkward...
Cant you use tyrell n6 ?

Tofu2019 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:05 am
] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:32 pm ....That setup sounds to awkward...
Cant you use tyrell n6 ?
The free U-He synths are quite powerful and I think TyrellN6 would be a better choice than many of the other synths I've seen used in OSC.

https://soundcloud.com/user-851734095/m ... uno-osc127

Title - mclstr - repro-uno - OSC#127
Synth: Repro-1.
DAW: Bitwig Linux

All sounds produced using 17 instances of U-He Repro-1

All processing provided by built in Repro-1 effects except for the following native Bitwig processors:
2 - peak limiters
1 - dynamics
1 - EQ-2
1 - EQ-5

Tofu2019 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:05 am
] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:32 pm Okay - I get it. If I don't own any of u-he, I could end up compete with zebralette against a 1400,- euro bundle in the worst case. No, sorry. That setup sounds to awkward...
Cant you use tyrell n6 ?
I have tried Tyrell, but Bitwig 3.0.2 seems to have a problem with it. Settings did not survive a save/load cylce of the project. Putting two tyrells in a layer module got the settings of the instances confused... GUI has to be set to largest mode for each and every single instance. That restrictions simpley does not work for me. And I simply don't have the patience to fiddle with Zebralette again, even more so because working with wave2zebra is now way to restricted by the rulez (It was technically interesting with my "Stukas Attack" piece...).

Hey Peter! Why not join me and others and go for Triple Cheese. It does sound nice. Would be good to have a "PeterH" track here! Many of us do not own commercial Uhe synths, but we can make great OSC tracks with the free ones.

I only needed very limited EQ on any of the tracks, just to adjust the freq space for the mix, rather than the actual "sound"! The "sax" track is just a single instance. Nice to link velocity to parameters, works a treat!

dB

mclstr wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:52 pm
Title - mclstr - repro-uno - OSC#127
Synth: Repro-1.
DAW: Bitwig Linux
Nice track :tu:
I'm also with the same setup! Bitwig with RePro~1! I'm almost half way now, so I hope I can finish it before the deadline :)

@] Peter:H [:
If you have £4.88 to spend, then Computer Music mag. download contents comes with ZebraCM and BazilleCM. Both are great synths really.

I love u-he plugins so I am obliged to participate this month :) here is my track progress so far. I will update if time permits:

Revised version: https://soundcloud.com/dailypatcher/bees-knees-final

Plugins used / project screenshot:

https://imgur.com/7flLogi

9x instances of u-he Hive. Used u-he FX as well as stock Bitwig FX. OTT and GClip are the only other third-party plugs used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daily patcher on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Love u-he synths so couldn't resist joining to take part in this one.

this coincided with my having thought to myself "really must learn Bazille better" so here we go

https://soundcloud.com/junklight/junkli ... -of-summer

7 instances of Bazille in Logic Pro - no effects except for a _tiny_ bit of EQ (with Logic native EQ) - couple of instances of the midi scripter probability gate too. The lead sound is modified from one of the factory presets - I made all the rest myself.

Interestingly (to me anyway) this is a long way from the dirty digital noise I normally from the use Bazille for. Will certainly be using it more in future!

Re: I'm also with the same setup! Bitwig with RePro~1! I'm almost half way now, so I hope I can finish it before the deadline :)"

I posted mine early because I don't have a lot f time available this month.
Luckily I had a bunch of original presets for Repro-1 already waiting for another project before the challenge. I also had a few clips/ideas ready to go as well.

I kinda feel like it isn't as much of challenge that way, but I did limit most of the processing to Repro- 1 instead of the usual long list of effects.

Luckily I like the Repro-1 built in effects.
Last edited by mclstr on Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: "I have tried Tyrell, but Bitwig 3.0.2 seems to have a problem with it....

Have you tried Bitwig 3.0.3. They did fix some compatibility issue recently and they are usually on top of staying compatible with U-Hue.

I had used Tyrell a number of times in older versions of Bitwig without issue. I haven't tried lately though.

Return to “Instruments”