DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

:hihi: :party:

Hi,
BW 3.0.2 Windows 10 64bit
DBM 7.21
Is the Drum/Sequencer option not available for the Beatstep Pro. All I seem to get in the play/select option. Reading the Wiki it states that beatsep pro is more limited. I was looking forward to sequencing straight into a clip rather than recording in the output of the BSP internal sequencer. Also the resolultion sticks between 1/4 and 1/4T and Octaves once down can't go up.

darlo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:34 pm Hi,
BW 3.0.2 Windows 10 64bit
DBM 7.21
Is the Drum/Sequencer option not available for the Beatstep Pro. All I seem to get in the play/select option. Reading the Wiki it states that beatsep pro is more limited. I was looking forward to sequencing straight into a clip rather than recording in the output of the BSP internal sequencer. Also the resolultion sticks between 1/4 and 1/4T and Octaves once down can't go up.
Seems to be a bug, need to look into it.

I released 7.30!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de/
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • APCmini
    • Fixed: Sometimes the pad grid was not drawn after startup, since the APCmini is slow to be ready for receiving commands.
  • APC40mkI/mkII, APCmini, Launchpad MkII/Pro, Novation SL, Push
    • Fixed: Deactivate all sequencers if no clip is selected. This caused weird effects if
      the grid resolution of the sequencer was changed with no clip selected and then a clip
      was selected.
  • Native Instruments Komplete S-MkII, A-series/M32
    • New: The extension is now split up into two. One for the S-series and one for the A-series/M32. You need to add your Kontrol device again.
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • New: Notification messages are also displayed on the SL display
    • New: Firmware version is displayed on startup
  • Push
    • Fixed: Display a message if no clip is selected in clip mode
    • Fixed: Octave buttons were not updated in sequencer modes.
Enjoy!

Hi Moss,
Me again. I've noticed some correlated problems with the Push.
First when I open a song with more than 8 tracks, in session mode I can't immediately switch the pages (buttons on the low right are not lit), and the pads of some tracks are not visible (from supposedly the second page).
I need to go to Note then Session again to see them.
(EDIT : in fact, sometimes it works, but sometimes the page buttons are no more lit and I have to switch between Note- Session Mode)

Secondly (the most important), when I arm one of the first 8 tracks directly in Bitwig, it doesn't match on the Push if I change the page.
When I start a scene on the Push, another track (the first one of the second page) becomes the armed (and selected), and this second page of the Session appears on the Push.
In fact the Session-Mix pages doesn't match with the Bitwig layout and selections.
Last edited by Invisble Man on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sometimes, if I select directly a clip in the window of Bitwig (this track is a track from the second page of the Push) and want to play notes (Note Mode), no pads are lit and the track is not armed on the Mix/Note view.
I can play notes but there is no light !

Sometimes, the Push says : 'Please select a track first", even if it is selected in Bitwig.

Am I the only one with those problems ?
Nobody here uses the Push with Bitwig ?

Invisble Man wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 am Me again. I've noticed some correlated problems with the Push.
First when I open a song with more than 8 tracks, in session mode I can't immediately switch the pages (buttons on the low right are not lit), and the pads of some tracks are not visible (from supposedly the second page).
I need to go to Note then Session again to see them.
It seems you are the master in finding all the edge cases :-)
I can reproduce that effect but I am afraid I cannot fix that. The problem is that Bitwig selects the first page and does not adjust the page to the selected track on load. I could only select the first track but I guess that is also not what you are after.
Besides that you can report that to Bitwig as a bug.

Invisble Man wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 am Secondly (the most important), when I arm one of the first 8 tracks directly in Bitwig, it doesn't match on the Push if I change the page.
When I start a scene on the Push, another track (the first one of the second page) becomes the armed (and selected), and this second page of the Session appears on the Push.
In fact the Session-Mix pages doesn't match with the Bitwig layout and selections.
Yes, scene launching sometimes has some weird side effects. If I remember correctly I already reported it to Bitwig.

Invisble Man wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:05 am Sometimes, if I select directly a clip in the window of Bitwig (this track is a track from the second page of the Push) and want to play notes (Note Mode), no pads are lit and the track is not armed on the Mix/Note view.
I can play notes but there is no light !
Sometimes, the Push says : 'Please select a track first", even if it is selected in Bitwig.
Note that the rec armed track is playing but the current layout is taken from the 1st selected track! If you deactivated that rec arm is automatically happening if you select a track is can become easily confusing.

If the selected track is outside of the bank page you will get the 'Please select a track first' message, too.

Version 7.31 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Added new scales
  • Beatstep Pro
    • Fixed: Some knobs did not toggle their value
  • Mackie HUI
    • Fixed: Crash on startup and shutdown if Display was active
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 am
maschinelf wrote:Just out of curiosity, has the pad long press to edit note length, velocity, start position, or for p-lock style automation been implemented in the controller API yet? It appears to do something when a pad is held but editing velocity, length etc still doesn't seem to be possible.
I have an experimental implementation deleting and setting notes but that crashes Bitwig when you move the button fast. So, sorry, it's not there yet.

The next Bitwig update will bring two massive new features to the API. After that is out of the door I guess these smaller wishes will be addressed...
Any news on this? Maybe I am missing something but it seems this is not possible yet.

PS amazing work, last time I used your script was over a year ago. You've come a long way, wow.

Thanks Moss new version!!
I'm using MCU with DrivenByMoss,this is really awesome features!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

M-Prod wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:18 pm
moss wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 am
maschinelf wrote:Just out of curiosity, has the pad long press to edit note length, velocity, start position, or for p-lock style automation been implemented in the controller API yet? It appears to do something when a pad is held but editing velocity, length etc still doesn't seem to be possible.
I have an experimental implementation deleting and setting notes but that crashes Bitwig when you move the button fast. So, sorry, it's not there yet.

The next Bitwig update will bring two massive new features to the API. After that is out of the door I guess these smaller wishes will be addressed...
Any news on this? Maybe I am missing something but it seems this is not possible yet.

PS amazing work, last time I used your script was over a year ago. You've come a long way, wow.
Will hopefully be in one of the next Bitwig updates.

moss wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Yes, scene launching sometimes has some weird side effects. If I remember correctly I already reported it to Bitwig.
Ok thanks a lot Moss for your answer, I'll deal with it. :wink:

Return to “Controller Scripting”