Is anyone else having trouble with native instruments website on windows 10?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I try to log in, my pc locks up.
I tried both edge and firefox.
Thanks Bill

Did not earlier today on Firefox...

Works fine for me on Chrome, on two computers (home and work).

No problem here (Vivaldi via a VPN).

Sorry, not on Windows, but works for me in multiple browsers on Mac and iPhone.

bill45 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:50 am When I try to log in, my pc locks up.
I tried both edge and firefox.
Thanks Bill
The issue is likely your computer. I logged in successfully using Firefox and Win10.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Could you describe exactly what you mean when you say it locks up? Is it bad enough that you need to hold the power button and do a forced shutdown?

riddim83 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:50 pm Could you describe exactly what you mean when you say it locks up? Is it bad enough that you need to hold the power button and do a forced shutdown?
I had to reboot the computer.CTR ALT DEL or any other W10 equivlent did not work.

Thanks folks and sorry for the late response. I am in the middle of a clean install.
I got native access from their site without logging in.

Just tried again pc froze.I can log in on native access. weird

If you have any browser add-ons that you run in both Firefox and Edge, start by switching those off and trying again.

I'd also suggest trying in Chrome. It handles a lot of things differently than other browsers, so even if it doesn't work, it will be useful to know the issue extends to Chrome.

If you run process monitor (free tool by sysinternals) side by side (literally, so you see both windows) with your browser when you log into the NI website, it might be able to show you the exact operation that causes your computer to lock up. (Unfortunately there's also a risk that the machine locks up immediately before PM has a chance to capture the final event.)

Out of curiosity I tried IE...
This is a screenshot of IE side-by-side with Vivaldi.
Screenshot (6).jpg
Piss poor quality but you get the gist. I don't know why there should be such a difference in the display.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hum... IE seems to be completely broken now. Always shows me script errors, on every website. And, yes, i get the same display as Googly Smythe.

Well, it's obsolete anyway.

NI website works fine here on Chrome, Edge-Chromium, and also on the "old" Edge, by the way.

It‘s working perfectly on Mac Safari as well.

Everything works fine here both on Opera and Firefox under W10.

I do not know if this has been mentioned before. But I am in Europe and the prices at the NI website are in dollars and not in Euros anymore. Did I miss something?

Did they do a PA move?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”