Ableton Push support is here

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Oh thank goodness. Phrygian Dominant is a relatively common mode in certain genres of electronic music, and is the name most of us know it by. "Minor Gypsy" was always a bad name, for a variety of reasons. ;)

Awesome work! Thanks Jürgen

Thanks for the update.
I've noticed that when playing chords sometime one (or more) note from the chord light down.
This is just a visual bug because all the notes are playing as expected. (however it works fine in ableton)

Hi Jürgen,

1. When I change pages in Session view on the pads, it sometimes jumps to the left or right page. It seems to have a focus on either the first 8 rows or on the page with rows 9-16 (I only have 16 rows in that project). Is this a known issue? Do you need a video of that?

2. Is it somehow possible, to set the levels in mixer to zero with one click? When mixing my tracks live I would love to restore the levels quickly when editing (without fine adjusting it via the shift-key).

3. Can we rename the users pages?

Best wishes (and again a lot of thankfulness),

Mortis
Win10 64bit, Bitwig (newest), Studio One (newest), Push 2 and more

https://soundcloud.com/maurice-camplair

DeusMortis wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:59 pm 1. When I change pages in Session view on the pads, it sometimes jumps to the left or right page. It seems to have a focus on either the first 8 rows or on the page with rows 9-16 (I only have 16 rows in that project). Is this a known issue? Do you need a video of that?
Yes, a video would help.
DeusMortis wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:59 pm 2. Is it somehow possible, to set the levels in mixer to zero with one click? When mixing my tracks live I would love to restore the levels quickly when editing (without fine adjusting it via the shift-key).
You can keep the Delete button pressed and tap the volume knob.
DeusMortis wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:59 pm 3. Can we rename the users pages?
Sorry, not possible.

Problem already solved. But I leave this post here just in case someone else has this issue, too.

How can I save/load presets of the "user pages" of my Push 2? I created a huge project on my PC and want to transfer it to my laptop with all MIDI mappings.

And or how do I save/load other hardware device's mappings? It is not saved with the project, right? Any hints are very much appreciated.

EDIT: I see, the Mappings in the Browser Panel are saved with the project. But the same Push 2 does not read these mappings on my laptop... I am controlling HiPass and LoPass in the EQ2 viy the Push4Bitwig User Pages by the way.

EDIT 2: Found it, I just erased the Controller in settings - controllers. Then added the Push 2 again. Now it works. But when I chose the MIDI input "Ableton Push 2" another device was added and activated with MIDI in/out and USB set to Push 2. The first device was deactivated. But now it works.

Thanks, Jürgen, for you help above.

Feature request fo Push4Bitwig: In user pages: please make the page selector more contrasty to the inactive pages, and also turn the LED under the page.

See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/IPxuqJj
Not as drastic but you get the idea.

Hello I'm using the push4bitwig on push1 and just wondered if there is away to do fine adjustment of clip properties such as clip start clip end. I thought it would be pressing shift and holding the encoder but no luck :(

tfish wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:33 am Hello I'm using the push4bitwig on push1 and just wondered if there is away to do fine adjustment of clip properties such as clip start clip end. I thought it would be pressing shift and holding the encoder but no luck :(
To edit clip properties press the Clip button. Make sure you use the latest DrivenByMoss version which includes now the Push support. Discussion is here: viewtopic.php?f=268&t=502948

Hi thank you for reply, I know how to adjust the clip properties. What I wanted to know how to do is fine adjustment. Example. I want to Adjust start position from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. At the moment turning the encoder will only move 1.1.1 to 1.2.1

tfish wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:31 pm Hi thank you for reply, I know how to adjust the clip properties. What I wanted to know how to do is fine adjustment. Example. I want to Adjust start position from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. At the moment turning the encoder will only move 1.1.1 to 1.2.1
Ah, sorry, seems I misread you question. Yes, this should work with Shift but it got lost on the way when I converted to the new hardware API.
Will be fixed in the next update!

Thank you Moss, I thought it used to work. I contacted you before on your your Push support for Reaper. Once again excellent work. I've now switched to Bitwig on Linux and loving it. All my hardware worked out of the box, all my Windows Vsts are working with Carla; I'm living the dream ☺️

tfish wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:54 pm Thank you Moss, I thought it used to work. I contacted you before on your your Push support for Reaper. Once again excellent work. I've now switched to Bitwig on Linux and loving it. All my hardware worked out of the box, all my Windows Vsts are working with Carla; I'm living the dream ☺️
Great to hear! If you haven't noticed, I released the new version yesterday.

A quick question for Moss or anyone else who would be so kind as to help.
How do I edit a drum sequence after I have created it and returned to the session view. I'm not talking about overdubbing with played drums, but editing the original sequence created on push
in Drum Drum4 or Drum64 etc
Thanks in advance
Tony

Hi bitwigers and hi Moss. Thank you for the big work for us, it is greatful, and I think it must be has a cost!
I could not find a donate button on your website :(

And I have one problem with appearance of parameters for vst plugins on Push 2.
I can't see any parameters on display and can't change it via knobs also.
I speak about vst plugins only and this goes for some plugins.
For example : I see parameters for Absynth 5 but I see only one page. I don't understand how I can change pages for that?
I don't see any parametrs for Driver (by Native Instruments) and how I can find it?
May be exist the video about control vst plugins via marvelous DrivenByMoss ?

Return to “Controller Scripting”