Dead Duck Software - opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Classic Instruments Free Effects

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe the combination of different crossover styles so as to emphasize certain dramatic differences could assist the author. For instance, I would use a logarithm on a float to decide based upon resonance the exact float (0-1) of the intended frequency so as to be able to surround a band with a low pass and high pass rather than relying on just a peaking bi-quad filter.

It's easier with a static EQ, and equally simpler when designing such filters for an EQ that does not have a GUI with which controls the bands.

For instance, if such a crossover was employed I'd be a bit overzealous with the lowpass, and use a second, less steep filter (that was overshooting and not in the sense of a subtractive filter active, merely a reduction of feedback) because it would undermine essing from happening entirely; it's inevitable that there is feedback from peaking filter; especially if trigonometry was utilized, because of some strange after-effect I've never been able to define. Nonetheless, the effect seems to allow sound through though visually seems of a lesser amplitude.

Has the KVR aliasing police had a look at these yet?

Also are the EQs decramped?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:24 am Has the KVR aliasing police had a look at these yet?

Also are the EQs decramped?
lol.

I just read you had a donate button but I can’t see it on your blog.
MacOS Ventura | Logic Pro 10 |

Vortifex wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:53 am I wish Channel 2 had better colours on the EQ dials to make them more distinct from each other, and a high pass filter on the compressor.
I agree the light blue/dark blue combination isn't as usable as it could be so I've updated the EQ colours to make it easier to tell the bands apart. This is the only change in the latest update (1.5.9) which can be found at the usual download location.
Last edited by swatwork on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swatwork wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:29 pm
Vortifex wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:53 am I wish Channel 2 had better colours on the EQ dials to make them more distinct from each other, and a high pass filter on the compressor.
I agree the light blue/dark blue combination isn't as usable as it could be so I've updated the EQ colours to make it easier to tell the bands apart. This is the only change in the latest update (1.5.9) which can be found at the usual download location.
Nice one! :tu:

The DPiano-E have a quite good sound, but unforntunatelly i have a problem with it: the plugin don't save the edition/changes that i make.

I put the plugin in the FX input of the virtual instrument channel of Reaper DAW, and change the parameters that i want, but when I stop the playback and play it again, I lost the precedent changes that I apllied before becasue I got the plugin restarted from scratch.

I've tested it in Reaper version 6.27 in Windows 7 x64 version & version 6.20 in an Windows 10 x64 version and I'm having the same problem in both systems.

Anyone else with the same problem?

no problem here on my end
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

audio.ms wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:09 pm The DPiano-E have a quite good sound, but unforntunatelly i have a problem with it: the plugin don't save the edition/changes that i make.
You might have an automation on those parameters. Either remove it or record the changes into the automation…

DDDelay is my favorite. Weird enough the only DD plugin which crashes all plugins in Bitwig 1 when loading a project which contains DDDelay.
Not a big deal, though :)

The Dead Duck website at http://deadducksoftware.blogspot.com/ has been deleted. Does anyone know what this is about? Looks like @swatwork has closed business for good. :(

Edit: Documentation of the plugins can still be accessed via archive.org

very strange
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Oh noes!

I better back up my (probably not up-to-date) versions since they are littered through many, many projects here.

Such a great plugin collection!

Seems a little unlikely that he's packed it in, after getting decent publicity from the Dev Challenge. Unless he's got the shits because Reducktion didn't win, but I highly doubt that.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Effects”