installing bandlad assistant - just get a white screen

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm trying to install Bandlab Assistant so I can install Cakewalk. After I install Bandlab and run it, all I get is a blank white window. I read on cakewalk support forums to try and clear cache or repair MC Visual C++ but neither of those ideas helped me. Has anyone else experienced this problem and come across a solution?

#1. Reboot and try start again, is first I would try.
#2. Rightclick on installer and install as administrator is the second I would try?
Installers are supposed raise level when starting, but not all do that.
Doing it by choice does no harm.

Not uncommon things in registry and such are not reached unless having elevated level to admin.

lfm wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:35 am #1. Reboot and try start again, is first I would try.
#2. Rightclick on installer and install as administrator is the second I would try?
Installers are supposed raise level when starting, but not all do that.
Doing it by choice does no harm.

Not uncommon things in registry and such are not reached unless having elevated level to admin.
Thanks, I've tried those to no avail.

If using any anti-virus stuff, I would try and disable that completely.

Cakewalk usually had off-line installers too, if that works better.
Maybe Bandlab changed that, not sure, never tried it - only have old Cakewalk Sonar.

You could check to ensure that there isn't already an instance of BandLab Annoyance, I mean Assistant already running, bring up Task Manager and check to see, if there is kill it first and then re run BA. Also, it use to be that exiting BA by the 'X' button wouldn't actually exit the App, instead it would just drop it to the System try, you had to go into the menu and select Exit/Quit or whatever it was, if you leave an instance running in the tray you will encounter problems.

However my best advice to you would be to look at this as a sign, run, run fast and run far, avoid it like the plague, there is a reason why the previous 2 parent companies could not make a go of it (It lost money for both of them from start to finish) and both ditched it forthwith, and now it is free. Also of significance is the fact that during the period where it looked like Cakewalk/SONAR was dead, many/most of the long time users switched to other DAW's, they great majority of them never returned when BandLab resurrected SONAR as CbB (Cakewalk by BandLab) which is also very telling. I used it from the Pro Audio Days up until the Platinum era, but once I seen what else was available outside the Cakewalk bubble, and what I had been unnecessarily putting up with all those years, I jumped and never looked back, that was around 4+ years ago.

It can work well for people, I had no real issue, just things are much easier, less buggy, less clunky, less convoluted elsewhere. I wouldn't and couldn't in all good conscience recommend it to anyone, well maybe my worst enemy . . . come to think of it . . . No, not even them.

I see you can get a version of Waveform Traction for free at the moment, don't know anything about it myself, never used it, but it's there

https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/activate-cmpromo

There are others around that may suit your needs, search, download and try them to see for yourself.

Best of Luck
Last edited by jinotsuh on Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Say NO to CLAP!

lfm wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:15 am Cakewalk usually had off-line installers too, if that works better.
Maybe Bandlab changed that, not sure, never tried it - only have old Cakewalk Sonar.
Not anymore, BA is required, and need to be online to auth etc AFAIK
Say NO to CLAP!

Yes, I have an older version of Cakewalk and used to be a beta tester a long time ago. That's reason #2 why I thought I would try it - because I'm already a bit familiar with the software.

Try it. I was just as skeptical until two days ago and had given up on it as too buggy to mess with about ten years ago. Now I’m impressed. Not a hint of a crash. Their forum has actual devs answering questions and taking feedback. Can’t help you with your problem though. Worked perfectly for me. discuss.cakewalk.com for better, less cynical help.

If you are installing on a school network you ought to speak to the it-guys. There's probably extra security in place when it comes to what can be downloaded to a school network.

This was a problem a year or so ago for some people, but I thought it was solved a number of updates ago.

Why not post your problem on the official Cakewalk forums........

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”