Uneven pressure sensitivity

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have got the large model couple days ago, and found that the pressure sensitivity is rather uneven. It takes more pressure to get the max value 127 at/near column 11 than columns near the sides. Same for row 5 vs other rows. Have others experienced this issue?  I wonder if it could be adjusted.

I also notice that if I set the pressure sensitivity to LOW while prescale remains at default (60), I can't get a value of 127 on row 5 from column 5 to 17. With maximum effort I can only get a value of 114 from row 5 column 11.

Someone has mentioned a hidden setting of NOTE PRESSURE RANGE on this thread. Is that still relevant with current firmware? If so, how do I access it?

There is something wrong there I think, here the pressure sensitivity is even across the surface.

I'm sure Roger will be along soon to help out but maybe a reset might help: RESET: "Press UPDATE OS and NOTES OFF together to reset all settings in LinnStrument (except Calibration) to factory status."

I'm not sure that the calibration data is used for pressure, but maybe worth doing: "The calibration is a simple two-minute process and is demonstrated in this video." https://youtu.be/Ta_DjzCh4No

Or wait till Roger answers as he knows what he is talking about :)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Hi checyr,

I'm sorry about the problem. I suspect there might be something wrong with your LinnStrument. Please contact me at the support address and we'll figure it out. Worst case is I'll send you a replacement part that you can install yourself by following a video.

The Note Pressure range setting was removed long ago because an improved update made it redundant.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”