One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (Carl_saved wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since I fed you 7:19 minutes the past month, now only 2:57

https://soundcloud.com/liqih/world-of-percussions

"World of Percussions"
Ethno Trap?

12x TripleCheese U-He synth to fill the spectrum for 2:57

DAW: Ableton Live 9
Ableton Effects: eq x track, compressor x track, delay, reverb, limiter, ulitilty, spectrum
Non Ableton: Max1 Limiter

was there a discount code floating around this month? I want zebra2.

functionform wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:37 am was there a discount code floating around this month? I want zebra2.
Survey time is over now.
There is still this one
https://u-he.com/products/zebra2/zebra2-crossgrade.html

I was waiting for a OSC to join again since there were several in row that didn't inspire me... and now that there's a perfect one (Diva and Repro are my go-to VST synths), our house is under renovation and I can't work on my computer :dog: I might just be able to squeeze in something at the end of the month, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Anyone from the triple cheese round got some better starting points than I have for snares and toms?

My snare is a bit of a shotgun affair, and then toms lack that deep resonance! :dog: :cry:

Any help greatly appreciated and will be duly ack'd of course. :tu:

Also, looking to perhaps change a strumming chord thing with maybe a piano like sound, but hard to get a way from anything other than plucked stuff with any real attack. :phones:

Advice most welcome …

Cheers all,

dB

Try these nine in the .zip, but also read the Tips.rtf inside, or the "Description" in the preset itself once loaded into TC.
Also with the weak sound of TC sometimes you have to play a 2 or 3 notes "chord" to get a reasonable drum sound.
doctorbob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:22 pm Anyone from the triple cheese round got some better starting points than I have for snares and toms?

My snare is a bit of a shotgun affair, and then toms lack that deep resonance! :dog: :cry:

Any help greatly appreciated and will be duly ack'd of course. :tu:

Also, looking to perhaps change a strumming chord thing with maybe a piano like sound, but hard to get a way from anything other than plucked stuff with any real attack. :phones:

Advice most welcome …

Cheers all,

dB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm not sure so to check are stutter effects allowed (like this one https://glitchmachines.com/products/hysteresis/ ) ? They don't pitch the sound so it can be that don't fall in Tapestops, Granular delays, pitching, or related sampling effects.
Last edited by MorphedDreams on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If just volume, it should be fine.

z.prime wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:47 pm If just volume, it should be fine.
Stutters are cutting samples and repeating them

Then they are not allowed, as they sample the sound.

ok thx good to know

hm a trick to do it legally would be un-muting sound in short periods and put delay on it, I hope that's ok :)

MorphedDreams wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:10 pm hm a trick to do it legally would be un-muting sound in short periods and put delay on it, I hope that's ok :)
You could automate the synth’s volume knob or the channel fader doing rapid movements to create stutters

In these challenges are we not allowed to bounce to audio / manipulate the audio further?

Return to “Instruments”