Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

EnochLight wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:54 pm
stash98 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:03 pm So i going to get a Nektar t4 so i can quickly assign knobs for automation. Anyone using this?
I've got the Nektar P4 and its grab function is the same as the T4. It works seamlessly with Reason and is really easy to setup.

Also, antic604 makes a good point. That's a fantastic deal if you want the content.
Yes it is i agree. The p4 is awesome looking. So are you pretty much hands off the mouse most of the time? I love how it maps to vsts as well and apparently the key bed is high quality.

stash98 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:45 pm So are you pretty much hands off the mouse most of the time? I love how it maps to vsts as well and apparently the key bed is high quality.
When I want to be, sure. But I'm almost always sitting in front of my computer display when I work in a DAW, so inevitably I end up reaching for the mouse more often than not (this is why I built a stand up work area with hardware away from my computer).

I've tried working with the displays turned off, though, which seems to help. It forces me to use the P4 as intended.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Hehe. I've beend fiddling quite a bit with mapping my controllers, but... always come back to mouse only, when controlling the parameters... i don't know, it's just frustrating to have a limited number of parameters, even when you use some parameters rarely.

YMMV, of course.

EnochLight and others i have a question for you. Please help and sorry for hijacking.

Is T4 or P4 really that much better for Reason then Impact LX49 when it comes to integration?

I mean https://www.thomann.de/gb/nektar_impact_lx49_395176.htm - 139 eur is much cheaper then 269 for some feature i could possibly never use...

https://www.thomann.de/gb/nektar_panora ... _stock.htm

When yo usay "grab" functions what are you referring to? I mean all existing controllers already have Midi learn right?

Thanks guys...

kmonkey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am EnochLight and others i have a question for you. Please help and sorry for hijacking.

Is T4 or P4 really that much better for Reason then Impact LX49 when it comes to integration?

I mean https://www.thomann.de/gb/nektar_impact_lx49_395176.htm - 139 eur is much cheaper then 269 for some feature i could possibly never use...

When yo usay "grab" functions what are you referring to? I mean all existing controllers already have Midi learn right?

Thanks guys...
I own the P4, played with the T-series, but I picked up a IMPACT LX25+ for my kid. The main difference is the Panorama series allows you to use the LCD display located on the controller a lot more. The LX-series just has a simple character display that is pretty archaic. The T-Series has a display that offers a lot more data than the LX-series, and if I could do this all over again I'd pick up the T-series for my kid and keep the P-series for my studio.

All 3 series (both P, T, and LX) allow you to use the "grab" function, as it's supported via the Nektar drivers. The difference between Nektar's implementation is that it works for any VST, whereas before you had to wait for Nektar to update a support file to have integration on your controller. Sure, most controllers have MIDI learn, but Nektar's "Nektarine" software allows a much deeper control, IMHO.

I will say this: the pads on the T-series and LX-series is much better quality that the P-series, which absolutely suck ass IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:04 pm I own the P4, played with the T-series, but I picked up a IMPACT LX25+ for my kid. The main difference is the Panorama series allows you to use the LCD display located on the controller a lot more. The LX-series just has a simple character display that is pretty archaic. The T-Series has a display that offers a lot more data than the LX-series, and if I could do this all over again I'd pick up the T-series for my kid and keep the P-series for my studio.

All 3 series (both P, T, and LX) allow you to use the "grab" function, as it's supported via the Nektar drivers. The difference between Nektar's implementation is that it works for any VST, whereas before you had to wait for Nektar to update a support file to have integration on your controller. Sure, most controllers have MIDI learn, but Nektar's "Nektarine" software allows a much deeper control, IMHO.

I will say this: the pads on the T-series and LX-series is much better quality that the P-series, which absolutely suck ass IMHO.
Thanks. Some valuable info for me.

Regards

FFS, STILL no High-PPI version of the GUI???

I never liked ReWire, so this is attractive to me... but I have stopped giving Propellerhead my money until the GUI is redrawn larger. I don’t want flat minimalist bullshit, but I DO NEED a GUI that is easy on my eyes. That means no more chunky pixels and blocky text. I LOVE the design, not the resolution.

Also, no MIDI-FX? Seriously? And AU is coming “later”. Sigh.

Summary: I’m glad to see this “Reason as a plugin” feature, but I’m STILL not going to upgrade until high-PPI display support is addressed.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:24 pm Not the rabbit. He gets away with everything. That's why he's on my foe, in the time I've been here he's never said ONE SINGLE THING that is positive. Always attacking someone's character.
Greatly disagree. He more often than not attacks bad logic and opinions expressed as if fact.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

EnochLight wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:04 pm
kmonkey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am EnochLight and others i have a question for you. Please help and sorry for hijacking.

Thanks guys...
I own the P4, played with the T-series, but I picked up a IMPACT LX25+ for my kid. The main difference is the Panorama series allows you to use the LCD display located on the controller a lot more. The LX-series just has a simple character display that is pretty archaic. The T-Series has a display that offers a lot more data than the LX-series, and if I could do this all over again I'd pick up the T-series for my kid and keep the P-series for my studio.

+1
I agree with EnochLight as I have both P4 and LX25+. There are two points I want to add. First the keys in the LX series are bigger than the P4, so if you have big hands, LX is more comfortable. Of course the feel is more plasticky and without aftertouch. The second point is not all instruments are mapped in P4. The new instruments are not mapped and also Antidote, The Legend are not mapped!

The pads are much better in the LX series than in P4 and in Bitwig has better functionality (Clips and Scenes), the colours are also helpful. Anyway, P4/P6 has more knobs and sliders. Also more functions than LX series, but personally I use the LX25+ much more as it is my main keyboard and I prefer the normal knobs than the endless ones and I like to hit hard (relatively) the keys without triggering the aftertouch (which is easily triggered in P4).

Personally, between P4 and LX49+, I would take the LX49+ as I don't need aftertouch and it is cheaper :) This is my favourite keys/controller (the LX+ series) :)

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:43 am
reggie1979 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:24 pm Not the rabbit. He gets away with everything. That's why he's on my foe, in the time I've been here he's never said ONE SINGLE THING that is positive. Always attacking someone's character.
Greatly disagree. He more often than not attacks bad logic and opinions expressed as if fact.
Figures (KVR logic, lolz)

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:15 amSummary: I’m glad to see this “Reason as a plugin” feature, but I’m STILL not going to upgrade until high-PPI display support is addressed.
What DAW are you planning on using it in? Because most DAWs nowadays will scale non hi-DPI aware plugins (Bitwig, Live, Studio One for sure, not Cubase though), so other than devices' GUIs being slightly blocky, they should be usable at least.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Got into the betatesting today and I am really blown away by the rack plugin (after I finally found it in my vst3 directory :dog: ).

Somewhere in this thread if I remember right (or elsewhere) talking about "racks" already existing in whatever forms elsewhere in daw or whatever but this is really it for a simple guy like me.

Installation works like charm in win 7 64 bit, mixcraft 8 pro takes it with no problems, I think I just followed the nice tutorial on the right choosing other devices and playing around with it, whithin an hour I got my second combinator out of two combinators, one made by me, the other from the existing patches, I am running an old i-3 with 8 GB and the cpu for this combinator-combinator is ridiculous low, that comes near to heaven so far :D .

Now still thinking about which version.....I am sure the upgrade reason 10 to reason 11 isnt it (really thankful that I could have a listen to the melted soundiron stuff for example, in this case your really be far better of by buying the iron packs), there is nothing I really need, so its decision between intro or studio, intro is really a steal with the rack plugin, Thor alone is worth it, and the studio has these great (I hope they are cause of course not in the beta) new synths and of course the marvellous players...but this beta so far is really a joy to test, what a shame Mulab still does not offer VST3 and I wont go so far and spoil my fun to load it into tracktion/waveform whatever version...but maybe give it a try in studio one.

I wonder if Reason 11 intro wil be able to load in as a vst3 into a host

From all descriptions so far it should (of course for the beta they offer the full reason 11 without studio extensions), I really wondered about this too cause it really makes the difference between intro and "full" blur but maybe for them the "studio" is the real coming reason "full" (like with ableton and M4L)

So I got an email that I'm in the beta... clicked on the link and now it says its closed. So much for that I guess. :roll:
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”