VSTplug coalition white black vocal processor beta released (32+64VST2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

white black.png
Try out the latest greatest vocal processor, the white black; made by the new VSTplug coalition, making some of the best VST's on the internet.

No known bugs, but being a beta; I felt that it was worthy of a preview, it's exciting to use; and free.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vstplu ... oz-records
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kingozrecords on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've gotten a lot done on the white black. It's awesome because the code will be some of the fastest that I've made.

I've succeeded also in reducing the CPU percentile by a percent :).

Release later tonight.

kingozrecords wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 pm It's awesome because the code will be some of the fastest that I've made.
Thanks for sharing ... can you explain what it does, and why its one the best?

Can't read a damn thing on the ui. And why are there label missing for the controls?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:18 pm
kingozrecords wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 pm It's awesome because the code will be some of the fastest that I've made.
Thanks for sharing ... can you explain what it does, and why its one the best?
because fast code dude :party:
as for what it does, imagine wags in, barry white out :o :scared:

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:38 pm imagine wags in barry white :o :scared:
I'd rather not ...

Well, it has stereo, mid and side. This in combination with parabolic saturation. There is four bands, but bass is cut in half. So the first half of the bass is first and then after the treble the second half joins the mix.

This is to avoid some common issues with bass, and it allows the producer to ensure that bass can be heard without distortion. Without this method, it's very hard to control bass. But, furthermore; based on physical principles; this process well mimics both naturally occurring forms of compression and rarefaction.

Here is an update to the image (attached):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Only given the editor I can't wrap my head around what it actually does. Is it like a multiband compressor with saturation?
What does stereo/mid/side/width mean and what's the difference between them? I mean, what does it do when I tweak these knobs? Same for the other half.

I like the concept of the 2 halfes though I think the contrast is too much.

Perhaps a demo video of the plugin being applied to a few pieces of source material?

It's basically just an equalizer with a tube saturation per band, as well as a virtual diode so as to make certain sounds less perceivable.

This makes a lot of sense in low mids and bass. Add a little bit of diode so that there is less data sent to the mind. But for the higher mid and treble (and the pro bass in this case) do not add diode so that the sound is intelligible and you are utilizing something like science so as to emulate physics.

Bass moves so quickly that's it a muffle till after the fact, which is why I have added the pro-bass feature. Please refer to the image I recently attached for clarification on the placement of functions.

I regret to say that I will not be able to release tonight because I hit a snag and will need more time to get it working correctly. (but I thought of something * does a mad dash for dev pc)

here is the new version (still a beta) of the whiteblack vocal processor.

It's rare to find VST's made by mixers and producers but I have seven years experience and countless errors in processing that have led Me to understand the craft with some integrity.

enjoy

New version which fixes a 64 bit bug here (2.4):

kingozrecords wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 amIt's rare to find VST's made by mixers and producers
Is it?

DocSnyder wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:07 pm
kingozrecords wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 amIt's rare to find VST's made by mixers and producers
Is it?
Yes, humbly it is. Because I used to use VST's to no effect for 5 years, thousands of free effects that didn't do what I needed, and then paid plugs that sadly didn't either. I've been mixing music everyday for 7 years, many times in vain.

3 years ago, I decided to start learning DSP so as to avoid more headaches. Getting there slowly, but surely.

And in that regard; the 64 bit version has an issue with phase; when using saturation. I've troubleshooted the issue; for those who work with flowstone, I needed to write My own selectors and multiplexers 4 64, IE:

Code: Select all

lout1 = left * ((bool==1)&1)
with DSP code. Worked well, though it got a bit convoluted after a time.

So, tomorrow seems like a very plausible date for a final release. It's like a tangle of wires and keeping track of it all right now is humbling.

kingozrecords wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:14 am
DocSnyder wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:07 pm
Is it?
Yes, humbly it is. Because I used to use VST's to no effect for 5 years, thousands of free effects that didn't do what I needed, and then paid plugs that sadly didn't either. I've been mixing music everyday for 7 years, many times in vain.
And it never came to you to consider that the problem rather may be at your end than that of those programmers who coded these plug-ins you did not manage to use successfully?

I think it's quite a stretch and a half to say "I couldn't make good use of these plug-ins for my music, so it must be the case that those who developed them have no clue about mixing".

Before you appeared with your plugin there has already been a long (~15-20) history of lots great music that has been mixed with nothing but plug-ins. Many famous producers and audio-engineers have managed quite successfully the transition from hardware to plug-ins. All that - I repeat - without even just a hint of you and your plugin in sight.

Btw.: if you ask me, there's nothing humble about your post, so I find your use of that word here somewhat unusual.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”