3 Arturia delays you’ll.... yeah you know the rest

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:50 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 ama bit late to the delay game
simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 amdon’t rush into buying anything
:hihi:
Haha!!

david.beholder wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:00 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching#United_States
Tuskegee Institute records of lynchings between the years 1880 and 1951 show 3,437 African-American victims, as well as 1,293 white victims.

I.e. both statements are true
* lynching was not white-on-black cirme, ~25% of victims were white
* lynching was usually targeted against people of color, ~75% of vicitms were african americans

Not for sake of argument.
Again: that is the wrong continent. The band is French, which last time I checked was in Europe. It's funny to see how US-centric the thinking of US-citizens tends to be. Like the whole world was circulating around them.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:46 pm Again: that is the wrong continent. The band is French, which last time I checked was in Europe. It's funny to see how US-centric the thinking of US-citizens tends to be. Like the whole world was circulating around them.
From the same article: two Americans during this era are generally credited for coining the phrase: Charles Lynch (1736-1796) and William Lynch, who both lived in Virginia in the 1780s.

It's English word originating from US, doesn't really matter are they from France or South Pole, they should be aware of meaning of foreign words from foreign language they are using.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 pm
jens wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:46 pm Again: that is the wrong continent. The band is French, which last time I checked was in Europe. It's funny to see how US-centric the thinking of US-citizens tends to be. Like the whole world was circulating around them.
From the same article: two Americans during this era are generally credited for coining the phrase: Charles Lynch (1736-1796) and William Lynch, who both lived in Virginia in the 1780s.

It's English word originating from US, doesn't really matter are they from France or South Pole, they should be aware of meaning of foreign words from foreign language they are using.
We already established like weeks ago that the words is being used in other languages just as well. We us it in German, they use it in French (lyncher - to lynch), it's probably used in a gazillion of other languages too. So all you do is to cement what I mentioned before: it is completely hilarious how US-centric the thinking of some of you US-citizens is.

And again: there's even more "Mr. Lynch" of whose name the word could derive from and not all of them are American (with one of them being Irish) - and again that's something you conveniently enough either failed to notice or outright ignored in order to make your outlandish point.

No wonder your nation isn't really popular with us Europeans these days, right? You already smell funny (what with that clown you elected as your leader and what not) yet you still act as if the world was supposed to keep forever circling around you. Hint: it isn't and hasn't been for a while (if it ever did).

B.t.w.: there's quite a few errors in your sentence above - is English really your native language? Imagine you'd argue with a German guy on here and it turned out he mastered English far better than you do yourself - how silly would it then be to argue about the proper and adequate usage of language (in general and English in particular) with him?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

david.beholder wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Ok, this is obviously a side track, but I couldn’t resist it.
Most of the English words have a Germanic origin, so it’s very similar to German and Scandinavian languages. Husband is from the Scandinavian Husbonde and Thursday is (Viking god) Thor’s day etc.

There’s also a splash of Latin in it from the romans.

Most of the people in the US (besides the so called natives) at the time obviously emigrated from Europe. Lynch originated from Ireland and is based on the name of a village, which was a popular source of names at the time. Hence it is also used in this side of the pond. That said, I would personally guess that the association with hanging indeed is related to the US as it has another original meaning on the other side of the pond.

https://www.houseofnames.com/lynch-family-crest

Hyde Park this shizzle

had quite enough thank you

Whether the name of the band is offensive is a matter of personal opinion. But it's definitely crass, pointless, and tiresome to try to tell other people whether or not they're allowed to be offended.

Anyway... I thought it was going to be "2 Arturia delays I'll actually use plus some excess baggage" -- but I did find myself using Memory Brigade for the vibrato.

Nice addition to Delay TAPE-201:
Preamp Model is a new feature that was not present in the original hardware. This 3-position
switch controls how the input signal will be preamped before being routed to the processing
circuit. Previous versions of the Delay Tape-201 only offered the original modeled 201
preamp. Now you have three options:

• A clean Input model created by Arturia.

• The preamp modeled after the original hardware unit.

• Another model created by Arturia, this time inspired by a vintage Germanium
preamp.

Ugh, can't try it out right now cause windows crapped out on me and I'm not reinstalling until I get a new computer next week (5950x woohoo!). As soon as I do, I'll report back.

I'll try not to act like a reactionary snowflake for multiple pages because my feathers get ruffled anytime anyone brings up racism for any reason. :party:

Return to “Effects”