Hive 2.0 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Stefken wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm
Hink wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:49 pm thankfully I only eat one or two at a time :hihi: )
The trick is not iterating this step, or you'll be in trouble nevertheless. :)
with his cookie hed be wasted as well as fat.
lucky bastard :hihi:

I'm not sure where to ask this, I eagerly upgraded to Hive 2.x when it released is it possible to run 1.x alongside 2.x? Are there any directions for this?

No, v2 overwrites v1. Sounds the same anyways (plus new features).

synthdawg wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 pm I'm not sure where to ask this, I eagerly upgraded to Hive 2.x when it released is it possible to run 1.x alongside 2.x? Are there any directions for this?
The ID is the same; the new version overwrites the old (but leaves the old files on disk).
BUT you may be able to run both UI's at the same time.

If you have not installed hive 2 yet, first make a copy of content of the Hive.data\Data folder.
(These are the subfolders fonts, images and scripts).
Now install Hive 2. (Hive2 will install it's files on top of the Hive1 installation creating somewhat of a little mess; that's why it's important to copy the Hive1 installation folder first. )

The original files of Hive1, you can now use to render the old UI.
In the Hive.data folder go to the subfolder "support"" and then subfolder "themes".
Create a folder "Hive1" in that themes folder. That will be your new (well old) skin.
Now copy the folders fonts, images and scripts you copied earlier into the folder "Hive1".
Go to the "scripts" folder in the Hive1 folder.
You'll find txt files in there that define the UI. Find the one that defines the UI (typically the one with the biggest filesize; rename it to Hive.txt; delete the other txt files; (you may leave the file "EditorSetup.txt" there; it doesn't matter much).

Now open up your daw and open the Hive 2 synth. Go to the settings via the cog icon. Go to preferences > appearance and change the default skin to "Hive1"(which you just created). That 'll give you the old Hive1 skin back. You'll have to experiment to see if the old skin works 100% correctly with the new Hive2 version.

You can run both skins alongside, having one instance of Hive2 in the default (=Hive 2) skin and one in the Hive1 skin.
Good luck and let us know how well this worked. I could restore the Honeycomb Hive1 skin that way, even though I already installed Hive 2. Curious to see whether everything works 100% in Hive2 with the old skin restored.

Hrm thanks for the reply. I might try a reinstall to get that working, thanks for the info =)

I guess all you need is the orginal Hive 1 UI definition file in the "scripts' folder.
Maybe someone else who bought the synth and did not install version 2, can post it to you.
I already installed version 2, so I only had "Hive_honey.txt" (definition file for the Honeycomb Hive1 skin) left.

As far as the images go, it seems that version 2 just adds images to the original folders, but leaves the original images of Hive1 on disk.

Good luck.

Stefken wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:44 am Maybe someone else who bought the synth and did not install version 2, can post it to you.
Or just harvest it from our release archive:

https://www.u-he.com/downloads/release-archive/hive/

Hi Urs, is there any chance for the old Hive 1 skin (Honeycomb was great imo) to be officially "resurrected" for Hive 2? If I remember correctly you once wrote that an alternative skin will be added, but I understand that this is probably low priority right now.

Playing with the demo now and I'm struggling to understand how the note quantize works.

In the matrix slots I'm able to select the scale via the Q button however how do I tell it the root note? Let's say my track is in G# Major and so I want a random LFO to play only notes in that scale I select Major Scale in Q but where do I tell it G#? Is this simply by playing G# on the keyboard?

EDIT: Yes, this seems to be how. Kinda obvious really :oops:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Quick question, is it possible to turn off keytrack for the oscillators?

I can't find it....

I don't own Hive, but... maybe in the mod matrix Constant -> OSC tune?

Rastkovic wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:02 pm Quick question, is it possible to turn off keytrack for the oscillators?

I can't find it....
I asked uHe this very question not too long ago. Surprisingly there is not, but someone else here mentioned you can hack it in the mod matrix doing what you see in the picture. -100, -100, -66. Then on the semi parameter of the OSC you are using, +7 to get to C4.

Its not ideal, but it works.
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 4.47.44 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Not in front of PC now, but that may be a choice in the mod matrix.

MattLeschuck wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:52 pm
Rastkovic wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:02 pm Quick question, is it possible to turn off keytrack for the oscillators?

I can't find it....
I asked uHe this very question not too long ago. Surprisingly there is not, but someone else here mentioned you can hack it in the mod matrix doing what you see in the picture. -100, -100, -66. Then on the semi parameter of the OSC you are using, +7 to get to C4.

Its not ideal, but it works.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 4.47.44 PM.png
Great, thank you for sharing this hack! It works indeed.
chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:40 pm I don't own Hive, but... maybe in the mod matrix Constant -> OSC tune?
Unfortunately not. Inverting the keytrack signal was my first thought, but it doesn't work at first.

I wasn't aware, that you have to choose a mod amount of -266. Interesting...

hi
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Return to “Instruments”