Audiodamage EOS 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Eos 2

EOS2 could use some tweaking by dev as it does not transition smoothly nor react as fast as Valhalla I.e.

pretty sure valhalla did make it.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm pretty sure valhalla did make it.
They did the DSP for the reverbs but not the coding for the plugin itself (GUI, plugin formats, etc.).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:38 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm pretty sure valhalla did make it.
They did the DSP for the reverbs but not the coding for the plugin itself (GUI, plugin formats, etc.).
I think Sean described it as a "bizarre" plate.

and even though I stated the dev could give a little more love to EOS2. It does sound very good to me. But yes could use a little tweaking. AND could use more options even or add rooms. I do LIKE it.

Its a dual plate. one on the high end, one on the low end. you can set the cross overs. I like it, I hate the empty circle.

yeah messed with crossovers and got some differing sounds, again its a like

inkwarp wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:45 pm i actually went back to eos 1
it doesn't sound as good as first version.
I'm sorry, but that's absolute horseshit.
It's the same plugin, plus some a new mode and a new GUI. It doesn't sound different.
One of my fav reverbs ever, too.

What's great is that you can get EOS 2 (and other AD software) on iOS for 1/10th the PC/Mac price. And, if you don't make music on the device, you can still always use it as an outboard effects rack via lightning cable with a little extra effort.

I admit to owning almost all AD software... but only on iOS, and none on my PC.

Hi
inkwarp wrote: ↑Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:45 pm
i actually went back to eos 1
it doesn't sound as good as first version.
I can understand going back to EOS V1 - I think several plugs by AD which have been updated (Dub Delay, EOS & Phase 3 come to mind) just don't seem to have benefited from being updated if you consider the simple original workflow as a plus V's any new additional features

EOS V2 for me requires a lot more tweaking to get the right sound - V1 didn't and some people like simplicity and a basic good sound requiring little or no tweaking.

But, these are minor quibbles - I have lot's of AD stuff and they are all good!

mholloway wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:19 am
I'm sorry, but that's absolute horseshit.
It's the same plugin, plus some a new mode and a new GUI. It doesn't sound different.
One of my fav reverbs ever, too.
not "horseshit" .. it's called an opinion.
EOS performs better and for me "sounds better" than version 2.
that makes all the difference.
just because something is updated does not automatically follow that it will be an improvement.

Just a heads up that Audio Damage is having a 35% off sale until Sept 22. Use a code. See their home page. Nice to revisit EOS2. I am getting closer to picking it up. I think it a reverb that has had to grow on me with each demo.

I use it a lot and even just default setting is great

I have enough reverb plugins ... but one more wouldnt hurt :help: :ud:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It's on sale right now!
yzcoruhT

Return to “Effects”