new Reason plug in Users on v11 are in for a treat with combinators

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm It's really simple in Reaper.

1. Load your synths and FX on a track, stack or split them with various MIDI processing JS FX there are if you want
2. In FX chain window, go to FX->Save FX chain in the menu

That's it. Big deal!

Also FL Studio is exactly comparable to Reason since it also comes with a bunch of effects and instruments - and it has a MUCH better MIDI editor than Reason. It is stumbling in audio recording, though, but don't worry countless "professional music" was made with just about any major DAW out there, be it FL, Cubase, Live, whatever.

Sounds to me you've been living in Reason-only world for too long. :)
nah I've used Cubase before and acid and I've tried ableton and fl studio ( which I cant get into )
and reaper, reason is just the thing for me
tbh though not arguing ( and I cant get it all in the screen to show u all that's in there but can you get a mixer within a patch like this ?
Untitled.jpg
just asking :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilDragon. I know you were are NI Kore user. In its rack iteration as a VST Reason Rack, it is closer to Kore or a chainer plugin than it is Cubase or another DAW.... it is its own somewhat closed environment with modular routing mimicking CV with some very interesting midi splitters, arpeggiators and routing matrices. It is smaller but expandable world (via Rack Extensions) with very tight and flexible integration of features and routing... Recalling presets, using song templates and efx chains in a DAW is not the same... by definition it may be hard to discern but through use it is a different experience.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 pm
Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm for example if you have a synth you can save a preset , but
in reason you can save a
preset with all effects inbedded inside it like we reason users can now
what other daw can you do that in ?
Any DAW which has track templates, like Reaper, Cubase, Logic, I think Studio One as well... This is not an uncommon feature at all!
have you used a combinator before ? its hardly anywhere near the same
Well ok, in Reaper I can save an FX chain as well, amounts to exactly the same thing! Hardly a novel feature anyways.

Cubase can also save these sorts of presets and Logic as well, IIRC. It's not hot water.

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:10 pm tbh though not arguing ( and I cant get it all in the screen to show u all that's in there but can you get a mixer within a patch like this ? Untitled.jpg

just asking :-)
That is most definitely possible, Reaper's track supports up to 64 channels, so a bunch of things can be happening on a single track. So imagine that mixer from Reason you're showing, times 4. :)

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm for example if you have a synth you can save a preset , but
in reason you can save a
All my DAWs, excepting some audio editors, for example:
- Live has been doing this for years (just save any rack when grouped with all the effects, multiple effect and instrument chains, chain selection modulation assignment and whatever else you might like...)
- Bitwig (similar as in Live)

IMHO, this thread kinda illustrates the disconnection between the Reason community and the rest of DAW world - very good that it's all finally coming back together :D
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

You can easily do this In Live with Live Clips. If you create a new clip in Live (it doesn't need to have midi or audio) and save the clip itself, it saves all of the devices and their current settings in that track. The when you drag that clip into a track, you get just what you are talking about.

I haven't used Reason for several years because Rewire was just a little too cumbersome. Looking forward to getting back Reason with the new version. Live Clips are nice, but I think combinators are a little more flexible.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

in reason you can save a
Ableton Live. 'Racks'. Since like, version 4 or something?

in reason you can save a

heres one that I made like this ( you need tal uno lx and reason )

Tofu2019 -Emo Keys .rar
TAL U-NO-LX is a VST plugin, not a Rack Extention, right? You can't load VST plugins in the Reason Rack plugin, but does your example mean that you can create combinators in Reason that include VST plugins and then load those combinators in the Reason Rack plugin? Probably not, but I'd like to know for sure.

Patcher in FL Studio does something similar

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:00 pm
in reason you can save a

heres one that I made like this ( you need tal uno lx and reason )

Tofu2019 -Emo Keys .rar
TAL U-NO-LX is a VST plugin, not a Rack Extention, right? You can't load VST plugins in the Reason Rack plugin, but does your example mean that you can create combinators in Reason that include VST plugins and then load those combinators in the Reason Rack plugin? Probably not, but I'd like to know for sure.
actually you could be right but I guess they will update that because that is a setback your right for pointing that out im not sure

lotus2035 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:48 pm Patcher in FL Studio does something similar
yepp. Any modular or 3rd party hosting plugin could do that (I use blue cat audio patchwork for that stuff).

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:00 pm "...stuff"
Hey, nice name. :lol:

lotus2035 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:16 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:00 pm "...stuff"
Hey, nice name. :lol:
:tu:

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 pm Any DAW which has track templates, like Reaper, Cubase, Logic, I think Studio One as well... This is not an uncommon feature at all!
Agreed, many DAW's do something similar already. I love the track template feature in Reaper, it's killer.

mholloway wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:14 pm
in reason you can save a
Ableton Live Racks have been much more powerful than Reason's combinator since they first arrived, yeah in V4 or something. And now Bitwig Racks are even better.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 pm
mholloway wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:14 pm
in reason you can save a
Ableton Live Racks have been much more powerful than Reason's combinator since they first arrived, yeah in V4 or something. And now Bitwig Racks are even better.
Give me a break 😂 go demo the program and ill demo yours

Return to “Instruments”