No votes
J
No votes
K
18%

Total votes: 34

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dessertman wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:04 pm No widening on. you're right two of them were in mono. I've re done the two in mono and now theyre all stereo'd :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N5stM ... 3oD-N5wzFp
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:08 am This is quite a badly made test because:

1. Some of the delays had set Widening on
2. Some examples used piano in Mono (wtf?)
there is stereo widening on some of the delays and its clearly heard.

And this file you added is MONO

I like you added a constant background noise/hum, that helps to level the playing field. I switched on mono so it all played back in mono as I found it difficult to determine otherwise. I did not review what the delays were in the recording before I listened. I listened multiple times.

Some thoughts: real tape echos generally feedback-decay very smoothly down to 0 - those in the recording that stopped decaying too soon I eliminated. I also eliminated those that had a kind of chorus effect on the repeats - a real tape echo is too "low quality" to maintain that kind of chorusing. The ones with wow/flutter, the w/f sounded fake.

I won't mention which one I choose but it was not the real echoplex. However it was a close emulation. I can see now how the one I did not pick is the real one after knowing but still, I think the one I did pick is very very close, so close that for me I honestly wouldn't have pegged the real one as being definitely real. So, good on the company that made the emulation I picked - it sounds really authentic! :phones:

Would love to hear what you picked!

Dessertman wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:22 am Would love to hear what you picked!
F

Take one from H I meant to hit G honestly.

So what’s what??

I'd like to know too.

pbr985 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:59 pm So what’s what??
A. Audiothing Outerspace
B. Valhalla Delay
C. Logic Tape Delay
D. GSI 201 MK II
E. Arturia Delay Tape 201
F. Audiority Plexitape
G. Maestro Echoplex 1977
H. Soundtoys Echoboy
I. Pulsar Echorec
J. Strymon El Capistan
K. D16 Repeater
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Ha! D16 plugins are such “dark horses” - a lot of the time they don’t seem to get the credit they deserve, especially given the price.

'Would love to hear what you picked!'

I picked both G-Maestro & F-Audiority as my favorites and I was pleasantly surprised to find the Audiority looks like the Masetro! Thanks for the 'shoot-out', pay no attention to the 'rude?' comments from others. In the words of William Shatner, they should 'Get A Life!"

Cheers!

rickmousley wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:59 pm pay no attention to the 'rude?' comments from others.
Clearly you didnt pay attention to the date of the thread either.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Effects”