Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Captain wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:34 pm
mxbf wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:21 pm I am curious about looking at the raw DSP code in some of the modules this is giving me a headache though to locate all those class files. The documentation doesn't say anything about them beyond providing a little API information in a popup. I want to actually look at the code, is that possible? It should be on my computer somewhere, as it says "import voltage.filter" or whatever at the top, so it's clearly importing them from my hard drive. I am new using Java so I don't really understand how this Designer is actually working either with regard to how it compiles and uses directories.
You can't see the source code of the libraries/packages or any CA or 3rd-party modules (except the example modules that come with MD), because they only exist on your computer as compiled Java bytecode, not as source .java files. I suggest reading a little about Java and how the JVM + bytecode works, I'm sure Module Designer will also become easier to understand after that!
thank you

Is there a way to see a replay of the live broadcast from Cherry on the 11th?

plexuss wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm Is there a way to see a replay of the live broadcast from Cherry on the 11th?
How about this? https://youtu.be/P2P7hacf8Cs

plexuss wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:09 am You can get the PSP Ultimate at everyplugin for $70! http://everyplugin.com/psp-modular-coll ... dular.html
$67.15 in cart at Audiodeluxe

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... collection

Captain wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:37 pm
plexuss wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm Is there a way to see a replay of the live broadcast from Cherry on the 11th?
How about this?
Thanks!! I am 20 mins in. This is an excellent tutorial on the synth! :phones:

holy moly, that room :lol:

Re: the PSP modules - can someone point me at a user guide for them?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I have not been able to find full documentation on the PSP modules, however if you right click (or whatever the Mac equivalent is) on the module and select info, it will bring up some documentation of sorts, basically what is found on the Cherry Audio website for the module. The eFeMerizer does have PDF documentation.

What's lisencing like for Voltage Modular? How many systems can it be installed in (only run on one at once obviously), and is it easy to deactivate from a system? Is that side of it fairly consumer friendly?

sbmongoose wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm What's lisencing like for Voltage Modular? How many systems can it be installed in (only run on one at once obviously), and is it easy to deactivate from a system? Is that side of it fairly consumer friendly?
All answered right here: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular/faq

Thank you, I hadn't found that. That's seems a very user friendly lisencing scheme. Thanks for pointing me in it's direction.

courtjestr wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:12 pm I have not been able to find full documentation on the PSP modules, however if you right click (or whatever the Mac equivalent is) on the module and select info, it will bring up some documentation of sorts, basically what is found on the Cherry Audio website for the module. The eFeMerizer does have PDF documentation.
Yep, I found the right-click info - but that's more of a description. Maybe PSP will create PDFs for the other modules too.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hi cherryDan, thank you for a great tool/toy!
I had been meaning to wait with even trying Voltage Modular for financial reasons, but Nucleus got me hooked and I ended up getting Core + Electro Drums and the big PSP bundle during the anniversary sale.

The sources and processors I've tried so far all sound really good, and the whole thing just invites experimentation. It looks like I finally have a reason to learn Java.

Extra props for the manual and website being this good with such a small team!

Shit. Missed the sale. Hopefully that’ll have another one next Sept.

masterhiggins wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 pm Shit. Missed the sale. Hopefully that’ll have another one next Sept.
They had one last Black Friday.

Return to “Instruments”