Looking for Lots of Weird and Unique Percussive Sounds

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any stack of samples and Battery 4. That’s still my go to.

Take a drumloop, timestretch it to oblivion so the sound breaks up. Run it through a slicer on auto with sensitivity to the max so it detects transients that aren’t there and takes fractions of drum hits. Edit the slices further with volume and pitch envelopes.

For more tonal stuff, add an eq with extreme spikes at precise pitches (or chords), before adding a reverb. Gate the reverb (or resample and cut). Or use single, narrow bands on a multiband compressor with extreme settings. There’s a million ways. Any noise with a fast attack and short decay can sound percussive. If not, add a pitch envelope.

I read this thread when I was developing Trigger and bookmarked it as I thought you might be interested: viewtopic.php?f=257&t=531592

Trigger is a drumset with 100 sounds, developed using Monark. Featuring multiple velocity layers, variations in each layer and a Patcher based GUI. Whilst Trigger is wrapped up as a Patcher instrument for FL Studio, the folders contain wav files (2100 of the things) for use in any sampler. And it's completely free!

Here are some great percussion libraries produced by Black Octopus Sound:
Mediterraneo Percussion
Mystical Indian Percussion
World Percussion Ensemble
:phones: Music Loops - ProducerSpot.com

Inear Display, ephemere is great for making percussive noises. It’s got some fun randomization and such. It’s also fun for making more normal drum sounds. Also Microtonic is just as good at making little percussive noises as it is at making more standard electronic drums.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”