Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

BlackWinny wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:55 pm
sbmongoose wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:49 pm That sounds very, very reasonable. So long as it allows a sensible, friendly way to deactivate machines (maybe 1-2 allowed deactivation per quater?) that have died, it would allow for hardware changes, users moving between different studios for jobs (I'm guessing on that one, my "studio" is a shoebox bedroom), hardware upgrades etc.
Even someone with flakey hardware, eg. a dieing network card reporting different MAC addresses, it would give them a reasonable chance to fix system issues in a fair time, but would not allow for mass distribution of Fathom to non-purchasers.
If I recall correctly it seems that it is that way AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) does. And it is very smart and very safe for the company as for the regular customers (whose I am for many of their products).
They are all have been cracked already

DrMEM, Thanks for joining, you're now on the list, I sent you a PM with the info.

You're right, everything gets cracked eventually. The question is how long does it take to crack it and how often is the software released. Despite being very easy for users to install, the new system is going to be exceedingly difficult to crack and Fathom's releases are frequent. So as long as it takes almost as long to crack as it does for me to issue releases then we should be ok.

@Everett: If i remember correctly Fabien from TDR doesn't believe that cracks impact sales that much but i can't find the thread where he explained his pov, maybe a talk from one dev to another could be helpful for you?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

We have a private beta test group now for handling the licensing.

Did you vet the people on the beta group?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 am Did you vet the people on the beta group?
Great advice actually.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

:tu:

Yes I'll be doing that.

good

Hi there
I have convert many factory soundbanks from various synths to NKS, but when i try to do the same with Fathom, i see some bugs (some knobs doesn't respond well, pages is limited to 4, etc.)
Can you please add me for Beta tests?

Transferring presets from other formats to Fathom is going to be tough since Fathom has it's own XML format and if one thing is wrong it will completely screw up the preset loader producing very unpredictable results.

You would have to create a valid Fathom preset with the desired features created from inside Fathom. Then very carefully correlate the features from the other synth to the corresponding XML tags inside the Fathom preset file. This would be incredibly tricky and would require the patience of a watch maker. However, once you figured it out you could write a python script to do it.

Sadly, I can't offer much support here since my current work on the Intel AVX release takes priority.

Today I've found on the site a free downloadable "mono" version of the synth, what a nice product!
I have a question, please.
Has the synth (mono or pro-polyphonic) a true independent FREE LFO phase for each unison voice of one OSC module?
As example: LFO --> Pitch, LFO --> Filter Cutoff, LFO --> Panorama, Global Unison = 4, and most important thing here there is the TRUE free LFO phase. In fact we has: one pressing key, 1 osc, 1 lfo, 1 filter (only!)
Listen to the audio please, I made it using another synth. It would be great to see these possibilities with Fathom too (sorry I don't know how post an attachments working) https://www.dropbox.com/s/namw88k2ny8j3am/b009vfOn.mp3

Last edited by serhiy06 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

LFO can be independent for each polyphonic voice but not for each detune voice.

Fathom has a total of 256 voices for each oscillator composed of 32 polyphonic voices and 8 detune voices per polyphonic voice. Each detune voice is the same as a unison voice.

LFO has two trigger modes, Note and Song.

If set to Song the LFO is synchronized to the song position and all parameters modulated by a single LFO modulator will be synchronized to the phase of that LFO operating as a single master LFO.

If the LFO trigger is set to Note then the LFO phase will start at the start of each note for each polyphonic voice. In this mode any parameter modulated by such an LFO will be synchronized to the start of the note for each polyphonic voice and therefore the modulation on all polyphonic voices will be independent.

Currently there is no setting which would enable a single LFO modulator to run independently for each of the 8 detune voices within each polyphonic voice, although this could certainly be done in the future.

Keep in mind though that in Fathom each detune voice runs independently so all 20 of the detune parameters on the oscillator detune page which are running on their own internal LFO are all running independently. This is why it is possible to get such rich detune effects from Fathom using only 8 detune voices per polyphonic voice.

FathomSynth wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 am but not for each detune voice.
Got it, thank you! It's a pity, actually.
FathomSynth wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 am
Keep in mind though that in Fathom each detune voice runs independently so all 20 of the detune parameters on the oscillator detune page which are running on their own internal LFO are all running independently. This is why it is possible to get such rich detune effects from Fathom using only 8 detune voices per polyphonic voice.
Independent LFO to PWM? The same with filter? Wavescan? There is no. So :(
Okay

Sorry, that is a big sentence. I'll respond to each thing individually.

Independent LFO per unison voice. I will try to add that feature for the Intel AVX release version 2.34.

PWM? What do you mean?

The same with filter? What aspect of the filters is lacking?

Wave scan we have in the Wave Table oscillator. Actually the most advanced wave scanning of any synth on the market. It's a double two dimensional table with not only morphing but eight other mathematical operators.

Return to “Instruments”