Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Chances are good that there will be an open beta after the closed beta.

I've worked the complete weekend.

New features added:
- The Drum sequencer it not longer only a drum sequencer. It is now also simple sample player with loop support and DHSR envelopes
- It is now also an arranger which can resolve chords
- The Drum sequencer can stretch Drumloops to make them sync with BPM
- There will be a large selection of (lopped) wav files which ship with the synth an can be loaded to the drumsynth

I am having *lots* of fun with creating loops :-)

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:36 am Chances are good that there will be an open beta after the closed beta.

I've worked the complete weekend.

New features added:
- The Drum sequencer it not longer only a drum sequencer. It is now also simple sample player with loop support and DHSR envelopes
- It is now also an arranger which can resolve chords
- The Drum sequencer can stretch Drumloops to make them sync with BPM
- There will be a large selection of (lopped) wav files which ship with the synth an can be loaded to the drumsynth

I am having *lots* of fun with creating loops :-)
Teasing video?

We are a very small company and i currently don't have time to do this. I must focus on programming now. I will do the videos in late 2019

I really hope with all this new stuff (like the drum sequencer/looper) it will stay simple to use and with a clear and sorted GUI as it is now and not go too much the direction "one synth for evrything" (not too "Avengeresque" where you spent most of the time to know where you are :-) ).....

I already heard that the GUI is expanding in size and will not fit comfortably on my HD laptop screen (1366 x 768). I guess we will see how cramped it is compared to the current one.

tatanka wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 am I really hope with all this new stuff (like the drum sequencer/looper) it will stay simple to use and with a clear and sorted GUI as it is now and not go too much the direction "one synth for evrything" (not too "Avengeresque" where you spent most of the time to know where you are :-) ).....
Icarus2 will be more comfortabe and easy to use than v1. You will be able to see all important controls on one page without switching through many tabs. This was one of the most important design goals.

sounds awesome, cannot wait :D!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The synth is stable now.
I expect that we can start with the closed beta for PC next week. It will go out to our sound designers.

After this:
- Some polishing for the GUI
- Programming a new patch browser
- Mac port
- MPE support
- Bug fixes
- Sound design

If you want another beta tester, including testing MPE functionality, I'm happy to help! (I own Icarus)
PM me if you want. I use Windows.

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:21 am Programming a new patch browser
I really hope this removes the restriction that presets can only be saved in the vst plugin folder!

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:21 am The synth is stable now.
I expect that we can start with the closed beta for PC next week. It will go out to our sound designers.

After this:
- Some polishing for the GUI
- Programming a new patch browser
- Mac port
- MPE support
- Bug fixes
- Sound design
:clap:

The closed beta has started now. We did send it out to our sound-designers.

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:41 pm The closed beta has started now. We did send it out to our sound-designers.
:party: :party: :party: milestone #1

Status update:

- PC 64bit beta should be stable now
- PC 32bit beta has been built and submitted to the sound-designers
- Mac beta version has been built and submitted to the sound-designers
- We started sound-design with Icarus2 now

I will take a deep breath now and relax a bit 8)

Markus, have you been thinking about providing a rent-to-own option, like Splice offers? IMO, it's quite a cool way that people can rent, or afford a plugin, and a win-win for both companies and customers.

Return to “Instruments”