SpaceCraft Granular Synth available now on desktop (Win/Mac VST2/VST3/AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sorry last question, is there a possibility to have the sync e.g. lfo as sine and every 8 beats looped forward & backward? i just cannot get it done ? :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm hopeful sales were brisk this weekend. Not sure everyone agrees with the $99 price, but a bunch of us jumped to get it at half-price. I wonder if its normal price is a bit high. Anyway, I'm hoping this was a highly successful sale for Delta V.

Keep making cool stuff.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

The sale is still on. Its still available for half that $99 asking price.

Spitfire31 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:34 pm
deltavaudio wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:02 am … The intention here is to lead the user to creative results without being distracted by the details (details that can easily lead you away from musical sounding results).

I get a lot of positive feedback in this regard and I believe that this one of spacecraft's strong points. Believe me, I've agonised endlessly over what to show and what to hide (and how to hide it) and I can tell you that it’s a lot harder to make an effective instrument with 10 controls than one with 100s :tu:
This is exactly why I took to SpaceCraft immediately when I started to demo it.

/Joachim

That's exactly why I buy it too after trying the demo, it's by far the most playable granular synth. In addition it is very stable (compared to the granulizer for example) and does not consume too much cpu.

I bought this . Got a new toy to play with , might be cool to make loops from the sounds made from this .

This is a really nice plugin. I'm having fun exploring. I have a few workflow related requests that I don't think would change things up too much or add complexity. I mean these entirely as friendly suggestions to try to refine an already great plugin. And I apologize in advance, but I'll be honest: I haven't read the complete manual yet so if any of this is already possible, sorry...

1. The ability to solo or perhaps rather, mute, a layer. I've found myself tweaking one layer when I was really after the sound in the other one. A one-click solo would be a great boon to my workflow. Even if it was just something as simple as Alt+Clicking the large waveform view to enable Solo. Or maybe just a small S button in the top-right of each large waveform view.

2. Global volume control. I do wish there was some kind of global volume knob that would allow me to trim things downwards without impacting the levels between two layers.

3. The skinny view of the entire waveform: I can make it narrower or wider by clicking an edge and dragging, but sometimes I just want to side-scroll without changing the actual size. I'm thinking a simple Alt, or Ctrl, or Shift + Click to constrain the proportions as you drag it around from left to right. This way, if I'm zoomed in tight in a large waveform, I remain zoomed in tight as a try to fine tune and find an interesting sound.

4. Layer link? When enabled, changing the amp envelope on one layer could effect both. Same for reverbs/lfos/grains/etc. Not a must-have feature by any means, but I could see a use-case for it.

5. Haven't found a MIDI Learn yet. I'm guessing it's not there yet, having come from iOS, but I could see myself easily wanting to assign a pair of knobs to the respective X and Y locations of the filter/reverb setting for example, or LFO.

6. Maybe throw a link to the complete manual in the "?" box.

Like I said, I'm really enjoying this. Interesting UI, fun to use.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am
3. The skinny view of the entire waveform: I can make it narrower or wider by clicking an edge and dragging, but sometimes I just want to side-scroll without changing the actual size. I'm thinking a simple Alt, or Ctrl, or Shift + Click to constrain the proportions as you drag it around from left to right. This way, if I'm zoomed in tight in a large waveform, I remain zoomed in tight as a try to fine tune and find an interesting sound.
Not at my computer at the moment, but I’m pretty sure that to move your selection you need to make sure to move it from the outside edges, rather than the centre i.e to move selection to the left you’d grab the right edge and drag left.

I do find the navigation a little clunky, myself. However, it seems that the developer is very open to suggestions. So, here’s hoping :tu:

Also, double-clicking takes you between the expanded and zoomed states. So once you have the width set double-click to expose the zoomed out main waveform click around to find the desired spot and then double click the upper waveform to go back to your zoomed selection size.

deltavaudio wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:27 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:09 pmIs there any possibility of a future update allowing for only one of the Sample engines to be loaded?
Actually I have been thinking about this exact feature, more for Android (out of necessity) but
Just to add a little more fuel to this fire: Been messing around with both engines today, and having fun. However, I wanted to be able to pan and process each of them differently while still playing them both live. That would be easily achievable in singles. Then it occurred to me that with a single engine option, with gui stretched very wide, it would be possible to stack many instances on the screen (CPU-allowing, of course). I reckon I can get seven on my 1080p screen :D

If each engine were able to have independent settings, it would be possible to prioritise CPU resources, grains etc. for certain samples/engines, with low-level background samples being allotted fewer resources.

enCiphered wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:25 pm Nice little instrument, I like what it does with my samples.

There is no undo / redo button ...
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, I will have a think about how an undo/redo could be implemented. Regarding additional sound slots, I would suggest that you just load additional instances of spacecraft, that will have a similar amount of CPU at the end of the day.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am I mean these entirely as friendly suggestions...
No worries, any user feedback, suggestions and feature requests are much appreciated :)
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am 1. The ability to solo or perhaps rather, mute....
I would suggest using the volume slider in SC to the right of the main performance panel to mute an engine
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am 2. Global volume control...
I would suggest using the daw track volume fader for this
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am 3. The skinny view of the entire waveform: I can make it narrower or wider by clicking an edge and dragging, but sometimes I just want to side-scroll without changing the actual size...
As El bo mentioned you can drag the range selector without changing its size by dragging outside of the range. I appreciate your suggestion of utilising the keyboard more on the desktop version (or perhaps the scroll wheel). Adding some additional control like this would be perfectly fine as it would not impact the behaviour otherwise. I'll have a think about how best to add additional control over this aspect :tu:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am 4. Layer link? ...
Others have also requested this feature. Noted :tu:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am 5. Haven't found a MIDI Learn yet...
Yes, there is no MIDI learn, although there is parameter automation as a means to control things and also some pre-mapped CCs (see global settings) as an alternative to automation. I can see this being added at some point in future but I wouldn't say it's a top priority right now.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:40 am 6. Maybe throw a link to the complete manual in the "?" box.
That's a very good call, going in the list for the next update too :)

While I'm all for improvements and new features of course, I really hope the dev won't implement all the features listed by people in this thread :hihi:

...Otherwise we'll end up with a fat bloated cumbersome synth. That fact that SpaceCraft is so fun to use and it's so easy to get creative with it is exactly because it's refined, simple and minimalist with a superb and clean GUI. I'm from the minimalism school, the more a synth or a tool is inflated with 1000 features the more you get lost in it, therefore hurting creativity and spontaneous sonic exploration.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:25 am
...spontaneous sonic exploration.
:clap:

Can anyone please explain how to use the FX-version in Cubase or Live?
Can Spacecraft be used as effect to process the incoming (live!) signal of any vst synth?
I read in the manual that it can be loaded as an insert effect but this is not true because after the installation of the plugin, both the instrument and the fx version were installed as instrument.

Any help appreciated

I already reported that to the dev, is a mistake somewhere.

@enCiphered @RPH the vst3 and AU version of SpaceCraftFX can be loaded in the FX slot. However the vst2 version of SpaceCraftFX cannot. I will release a beta with the vst2 FX shortly. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by deltavaudio on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”