Waves Plugins worth $0?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:38 pm Those Abbey Road verbs are for sale at the moment. Also great.
I'm tempted but I think I'm stopping there for reverbs.

I wasn't really a fan of the idea of the Abbey Road chamber room. Just conceptually, old-school reverb chambers are basically the one room they could discard, often square walls covered in tile, with some things thrown in there to try to make it sound less horrible, because reverb software hadn't been invented yet and studios needed some sort of reverb to throw at things. So I'm not sure I even want that sound in my arsenal considering all my other choices.

The plates plugin is great, but between all the my other options I already have plates I like for vocals and drums, and I recently invested in Nectar that comes specifically with EMT 140 that sounds good and it's easy to dial in.

Re: H-Verb
Struggling to get along with the detailed settings, but the basic sound of the thing is undeniably rich. An entirely different level of quality to something like TrueVerb. A bit annoyed at the CPU hunger, but I think it's probably going to become my go-to room for the entire mix.

Looks like the nominal price has been raised to $29.99.
And + 99¢ elsewhere.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

If I read the phrase "you're doing it wrong" in this thread one more time... :dog:

:hihi:

jochicago wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:40 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:38 pm Those Abbey Road verbs are for sale at the moment. Also great.

I wasn't really a fan of the idea of the Abbey Road chamber room. Just conceptually, old-school reverb chambers are basically the one room they could discard, often square walls covered in tile, with some things thrown in there to try to make it sound less horrible, because reverb software hadn't been invented yet and studios needed some sort of reverb to throw at things. So I'm not sure I even want that sound in my arsenal considering all my other choices...

This may be true. But on the other hand ”poor implementations” become sometimes a desirable standard. French Ludvig XIV, ”Le Roi Soleil” (1643-1715) created many new fashion by accident, e.g. by putting on the jacket inside out in his morning hungover.
The whole court imitated this style in the following morning.

Harry_HH wrote: French Ludvig XIV, ”Le Roi Soleil” (1643-1715) created many new fashion by accident, e.g. by putting on the jacket inside out in his morning hungover.
What a bunch of ass-kissing morons.

ENV1 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 am
Harry_HH wrote: French Ludvig XIV, ”Le Roi Soleil” (1643-1715) created many new fashion by accident, e.g. by putting on the jacket inside out in his morning hungover.
Yes, we are, including you and me.

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 am
Well obviously i cant speak for you, but i for one would never wear my jacket backwards no matter WHO else is doing it.

(Im very particular about how i dress so looking like a fool with a reversed jacket is simply out of the question.)

ENV1 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 am
Well obviously i cant speak for you, but i for one would never wear my jacket backwards no matter WHO else is doing it.

(Im very particular about how i dress so looking like a fool with a reversed jacket is simply out of the question.)
You’ll find your ways to show your idiocy -you may be just a smart dressed moran...
:clown:

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07 pm

You’ll find your ways to show your idiocy -you may be just a smart dressed moran...
:clown:
Nah, that doesnt sound like me.

you're doing it wrong

Depends on what's inside the jacket, i guess.

But, nah, i probably wouldn't do it as well. I'm much too ordinary to be a hipster. :P

The transfer fee is there to make the second market value non existent
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:59 pm The transfer fee is there to make the second market value non existent
Yep. I've worked the math six ways to Sunday for every Waves plugin I own. It's just not possible to resell these plugins and make any sort of money back. If WUP needs to be renewed, then it's basically selling the plugin at $0 to negative money plus buying a new, phantom, Waves plugin.

2:43AM wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:04 pm
rod_zero wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:59 pm The transfer fee is there to make the second market value non existent
Yep. I've worked the math six ways to Sunday for every Waves plugin I own. It's just not possible to resell these plugins and make any sort of money back. If WUP needs to be renewed, then it's basically selling the plugin at $0 to negative money plus buying a new, phantom, Waves plugin.
Waves is having quite a crooked scheme to have their plugins always on sale and then request 5% of "regular" price

Another way of putting it: when selling a Waves plugin, you're basically paying a price to get rid of it as opposed to just keeping it.

Return to “Effects”