Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

exmatproton wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:38 pm What i really miss;

1; the ability to retrigger the master ADSR by an incoming signal (just like the ADSR mods)
2; the ability to read off the parameter values of the mod sliders. setting exact values isn't possible, which is so frustrating (also in Byome and Triad)
Is there a way to loop the adsr and master envelopes?

The LP12/HP12/BP12 zipper bug is present only when oversampling is on. This shouldn't have made it into release, but it got in with our last optimization push. We'll put a fix into the next public beta. For now, if you are using those filter modes, just avoid oversampling. The same bug affects the other filters at 8x oversampling.

Loop master envelope: one thing to consider is that the Master ADSR is always linked to the MIDI gate... but the Mixer Gain controls can be modulated by any other modulator. To create looping envelopes, what I do is I set the Master ADSR to short attack, short release, and 100% sustain. From there, I attach an AD Envelope to the Gain controls and set it to loop. I made the "Probability Sines" presets which demonstrate generative envelope triggering as well.

thelizard wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:44 pm The LP12/HP12/BP12 zipper bug is present only when oversampling is on. This shouldn't have made it into release, but it got in with our last optimization push. We'll put a fix into the next public beta. For now, if you are using those filter modes, just avoid oversampling. The same bug affects the other filters at 8x oversampling.

Loop master envelope: one thing to consider is that the Master ADSR is always linked to the MIDI gate... but the Mixer Gain controls can be modulated by any other modulator. To create looping envelopes, what I do is I set the Master ADSR to short attack, short release, and 100% sustain. From there, I attach an AD Envelope to the Gain controls and set it to loop. I made the "Probability Sines" presets which demonstrate generative envelope triggering as well.
Yeah, but i miss the ability to trigger the osc's by a sequencer. Using an external one is possible ofcourse, but why that hassle if it could be build in natively :neutral:
Those build in trigger options can be modulated internal as well, for some really fun stuff

It's an important optimization. To have entire voices that could be triggered from the modulation system would require that all voices are always rendering (similar to Madrona's excellent Aalto and Kaivo). By using only the Master ADSR and MIDI input, only the audible voices lead to a CPU hit, if that makes sense.

Fair enough. External tooling it is.

I still hope the mod sliders will get the readable values.

A small UI bug: in win10/ableton/vst3, when you click the pref gear icon, the tooltips show up behind the pop-out menu.

also, seems like the wide button at the bottom should be moved over closer to the presets button to make for easier discovery when changing window size.

and, as i'm sure has been suggested before, i really do wish you would implement a key-modifier for side-scrolling... something like opt/alt would enable a "hand" tool so that we could drag from side to side, instead of needing to use the scrollbar. Or if mouseover titlebar area would allow for sideways mouse scrolling, that would be great too.

anyways, back to playing with the demo... sounds great so far!

33tetragammon wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:12 pm please add a button to DISABLE that output clipper. i mean, we CAN already disable the Filter Drive.
this way (when output clipper is ON) you can drive it into the output clipper with the gain knob.

sometimes i want to start & stay clean. right now i can't do that instantly. even with gain set to -25 dB i can still hear that output clipper working on a Simple Sine Osc.
+1 !

how are you guys using lion? its not out

mxbf wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:56 am how are you guys using lion? its not out
Trial on the site. Search for downloads on the product page (scroll all the way down)

exmatproton wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:01 am
mxbf wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:56 am how are you guys using lion? its not out
Trial on the site. Search for downloads on the product page (scroll all the way down)
nice! thanks.

Can't wait for this one. Wait it's available?!

sinewavves wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:06 pm Can't wait for this one. Wait it's available?!
Yes

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _lion.html

hmmm...dat clipper is giving me headaches. Any word on a switch maybe?? Was just trying to feed a quiet sine to the deep reverb and it clipped straight away, while the output was @ -16dB in Lion (master gain) and the OSC (simple sine) was @ 42%........ :dog:

psynical wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 pm A small UI bug: in win10/ableton/vst3, when you click the pref gear icon, the tooltips show up behind the pop-out menu.
Same thing here with the vst2 in Live 10.1 and the last beta on Win 8.1

could use a "sampler" mode in the synths

Return to “Instruments”